Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 05:32 PM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Oh yea, what's millennial's GPA compared to boomers?
I already posted a Washington Post article about how the millennials have lower thinking abilities, math, literacy, and technological problem-solving skills than the prior generation.

GPA doesn't mean much, especially with rampant grade inflation.

Same Performance, Better Grades - The Atlantic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 05:34 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
No, as a old woman I think the majority of Millenials are a lot smarter than many of those older than they are.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:35 PM

4,902 posts, read 3,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's not just America. Youthful pantywastes in Germany opened the door for foreign invaders to rape and pillage at will. Where are the older, wiser folks? Why is America and Europe producing all these useless whiny manginas?
Lmao, sorry that was funny as hell.

Western men are becoming a pathetic and beaten-down lot, no doubt about it.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:35 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I watch my grands 7-11 and they wiz through all my technology apparatus- when they leave I have to put back everything as it was -(after I research and google) all what they opted for- moved, downloaded and erased -turned off -and on- in just 2 days visiting! -- stuff I never heard off- self music videos- online movies, games and what not- they can do it-- I never could fix the Rubik's cube- but I do google and get my stuff working-- they have different brains- here in some school coding is the sough after subject and stem stuff- we however- do NOT help build their minds with all this budget cutting shyte -- we have the Power ball in Fl---- and so where is the money?? --3 items for education for the congress this year - they did NOT touch one- if we are bringing up stupid kids in this country--- check your wallet!
I live in Florida. We have a very corrupt Governor. Ask him.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I already posted a Washington Post article about how the millennials have lower thinking abilities, math, literacy, and technological problem-solving skills than the prior generation.

GPA doesn't mean much, especially with rampant grade inflation.

Same Performance, Better Grades - The Atlantic
LOL.

Look I can pull articles too!

Good Question: Are Today’s Kids Smarter Than We Were?

Smarter than ever?

Tests say Americans becoming more intelligent over the generations. How could that be?

Study challenges assumption that professors have become more lenient in evaluating students, or that their grades have less "signaling" power. Another researcher challenges paper as inaccurate.

I have more articles so I am clearly right.

I mean you're the one who thinks birth rates and medicaid rates are static....

Old 03-25-2016, 05:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
My kids aren't struggling. They bucked the millennials' trend and actually had 5-, 10-year plans, etc., did the research, pursued degrees in fields that were marketable, worked internships, etc., worked while attending college, took out no students loans, networked with their Big Ten universities' professional and alumni associations, graduated, have jobs, have been promoted a couple of times, and live in their own places, supporting themselves.
Well hopefully they'll come back and change your diapers.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:46 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,469 times
Younger people are getting smarter
Future Cognitive Ability: US IQ Prediction until 2060 Based on NAEP

Old 03-25-2016, 06:34 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,786 times
Quote:
Highly doubtful ...

Millennial College Graduates: Young, Educated, Jobless
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/m...ss-335821.html
From your article.

Quote:
As of May, the data show 13.8 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds are out of work.
That is also leaving out the older millenials which are argued to go old as about 34 which if they included in their statistics would likely lower the rate of unemployed.

40% OF the unemployed are millenials, NOT 40% OF millenials are unemployed. Which means they are looking for work. Make sense when you consider we are going to be the next largest labor pool.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
To those of you saying the Millenials will figure it out - I think you mean the special snowflakes will figure it out. The rest of the Millenials have figured it out.

Many of them are aware that in some fields having an undergraduate degree is similar to our generations high school degree, and unlike our generation, they're competing with the world and not just their community. They're going on to get advanced degrees so they can be competitive.

Honestly, they're my favorite group to work with. I love their creativity and enthusiasm and energy. It's infectious.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:43 PM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOL.

Look I can pull articles too!
You're deluding yourself.

Researchers say Western IQs dropped 14 points over last century
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies