Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Just weighing the options here:

Believe the CIA counterterrorist experts who say we should not take in any refugees because there is no way to vet them and it would put our security at risk....

Or believe a bunch of naive, ill-informed c-d posters who drove up in a clown car to say that refugees should be allowed in.

Hmmmmm what to do, what to do.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 06:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Yes! In fact... you already ARE vetted when you travel to and from Europe (or anywhere else). Every name is checked to see if you are on the No-Fly List (or any of several other lists). You think people aren't checked before boarding an aircraft? Do you fly much?

But let me extend my Thanks to you for being in charge of absolutely nothing.
So basically what you are telling me is that we should just keep doing what we already currently do, which is check names to see if they are on the no fly list as well as other lists. So what you are doing is complaining that we need to be doing more of what we already do.....

Old 04-04-2016, 06:46 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
So basically what you are telling me is that we should just keep doing what we already currently do, which is check names to see if they are on the no fly list as well as other lists. So what you are doing is complaining that we need to be doing more of what we already do.....
Wow... you are Slow.

I said that's what we do now... I said nothing about what I think we should do. but REALLY it's beside the point. The point is YOU think we don't need to be concerned with the possibility of terrorists coming from Europe... EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY HAVE.

You're a textbook example of why Progressives wouldn't pass muster as a mall cop or middle school hall monitor. Please stay away from ANYTHING involving National Security.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Wow... you are Slow.

I said that's what we do now... I said nothing about what I think we should do. but REALLY it's beside the point. The point is YOU think we don't need to be concerned with the possibility of terrorists coming from Europe... EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY HAVE.

You're a textbook example of why Progressives wouldn't pass muster as a mall cop or middle school hall monitor. Please stay away from ANYTHING involving National Security.
Speaking of being slow, that is what I asked you on what we should be doing, not what we are doing now.

We need to be concerned about terrorists coming here from other countries as much as we need to be concerned of born and raised red blooded Americans becoming terrorists. So while you are too busy trying to weakly throw insults, maybe you would want to take a reading class and you might have caught that I was asking you what you thought we should do, not what we are currently doing.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:13 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Speaking of being slow, that is what I asked you on what we should be doing, not what we are doing now.

We need to be concerned about terrorists coming here from other countries as much as we need to be concerned of born and raised red blooded Americans becoming terrorists. So while you are too busy trying to weakly throw insults, maybe you would want to take a reading class and you might have caught that I was asking you what you thought we should do, not what we are currently doing.
LOL! I read you just fine, Hemingway. If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be twice as smart as you actually are.

The hard, perpendicular reality is that my answer wouldn't matter to you because you already believe we shouldn't be doing ANYTHING. After all... you said it's none of our business. Not our problem. Not our issue.

People like you are a danger to this country and it's citizens. Do us all a favor and make your fast food job a career because if you ever get a job related to National Security we're all the worse for it.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:15 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,076 times
In a more straight forward brutal and honest era...If there were people in your nation threatening to destroy the host nation...These culprits would be rounded up and shipped out- or worse....People are just to nice and these radical haters take advantage of kind and generous people....

Old 04-04-2016, 07:28 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,076 times
If someone was in MY house and I was kind enough to bring them in and shelter them....and they turned on me wanting to take my home...kill my family - well I would grab them by the scruff of the neck and tell them to get the hell out NOW....if they resisted I would use even more force. What the hell is wrong with people...You host them in what is your home...and they want you dead....and you stand and do nothing because you want to be seen as NICE and tolerant? I do not give a damn if I am seen as nice or not...If you threaten my survival I will repel you with what ever it takes....under the criminal code if I were to verbally threaten someone with bodily harm...I would end up explaining myself to a judge why I should be released.

YET...a person or group can threaten a whole nation with bodily harm and they suffer no consequences?

Old 04-04-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
LOL! I read you just fine, Hemingway. If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be twice as smart as you actually are.

The hard, perpendicular reality is that my answer wouldn't matter to you because you already believe we shouldn't be doing ANYTHING. After all... you said it's none of our business. Not our problem. Not our issue.

People like you are a danger to this country and it's citizens. Do us all a favor and make your fast food job a career because if you ever get a job related to National Security we're all the worse for it.
Well thanks for the insults to deflect my question, it says a lot about you.

I was never one who said what is going on in other countries is not our problem, that was someone else....again, reading skills are your friend.

I am fine with what we currently do to vet people coming in and out of the country. I don't think we need to be doing any more than that to invade someone's personal freedoms.

So I am going to ask you one more time, what is it that you think we should be doing MORE than what we are doing now to vet people traveling to and from Europe? Granted I don't expect you to answer that based on your posting track record. If you answer it with another idiotic insult, I am going to assume you have no answer and are going to continue to rely on deflections.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:31 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Just post these signs.
Attached Thumbnails
Muslims March in Germany Chanting “With Allah’s Help, We Shall Conquer You”-fb_img_1459689556740.jpg  

Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, I guess I'd say that they mean about as much as this American group.
Westboro Baptist Church: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

Do these people define white American Christians?

How about these ones?
Ku Klux Klan -- Extremism in America

Should we Canadians believe that all white Americans are defined by these people?

If we had such a thing as a rag like Prison Planet here and azzhats who would read and believe it then probably we would think all Americans are racist, hate filled, violent psychopaths. Fortunately we have the CBC to tell us what to believe and they tell us that not all yanks are like this, just most of them are. LOL
Humm how many white Christians murdeted innocent women and children in the last say? 25 years eh? 😂😂

Great Canadian reasoning there hoss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies