Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 10:23 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I think with all this campaign mambo jambo he totally destroyed his image.

He was a good enough president in a relatively easy era.

Not that i like him but i think this is really sad.

Also as a former president he shouldn't have been so active.

This is really not presidential.

Even Bush only appeared like couple of times for Jeb!.
Wait...this is what killed his image?

Clinton has been accused of everything from raping several women starting in 1969, to sexual harassment, to sexual assault...and that doesn't ruin his image.

Having said in previous years, President Obama, who has several degrees, would have been getting him coffee...and that doesn't ruin his image.

But telling off a bunch of people that just show up to shout, not discuss, disrupt, while spreading lies about what happened in Fergusson, and etc... that ruins his image???

P.S. Bill Clinton is an overrated president. He repealed Glass-Stegall, he pushed China into the WTO, He worked out a new trade deal with China, he changed lending policies, etc... Clinton helped cause the massive upsurge in outsourcing, the massive rise in our trade deficit, and the bank and housing crises. Yet, he is supposedly a great president.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 10:26 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sorry bill. BLM doesn't like to hear the truth.
amen

Old 04-09-2016, 10:32 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
His outburst at the BLM protester was actually a refreshing display of honesty. Most Democrats think that BLM protesters are only hurting the cause of blacks, but "political correctness" prevents them from speaking their mind. Hillary herself had a shouting match with one a few weeks ago. I think it gives hope to moderates who realize BLM is bad for America and American blacks.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:40 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
And I like that he's calling out some of these stupid groups on their BS.
Funny part is they have become huge thorn in the side of Democrats. LOL

Old 04-09-2016, 10:40 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
The ACLU has been working on the body cams issue for decades. BLM is doing more harm than good to their own cause.
I realize you aren't going to give them any credit.

Quote:
Actually, yes they can. If you are involved in a physical altercation, regardless of your role, the cops can search you for their own protection. It's called a "Terry Frisk," based on the Supreme Court case Terry v. Ohio. There isn't a court in the country that would rule that cops can't search suspects who were just involved in a fight. ESPECIALLY if they are known to have a criminal record. It's a safety issue for everyone concerned.

Simple solution though, refuse the search, but don't resist it. Then hire a lawyer. Why can't you admit that physically resisting the police puts everyone in danger, including the cops? Why do you constantly make excuses for criminal behavior?
Like he could afford a lawyer. You are simply compounding the problem. He was doing NOTHING wrong and they had no reason to hassle him. There was no criminal behaviour here on his part. I used to argue that racism wasn't as bad as people made it out to be but the last few years have changed my mind on that.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:01 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Uh, Bill Clinton has never suffered fools lightly so there was nothing new or surprising about about Clinton's recent response to the BLM protestors.

An example of what I speak dating back to 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dd2Xhm2mIE

Last edited by TheWiseWino; 04-09-2016 at 11:58 AM..

Old 04-09-2016, 11:11 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Cops protect their own. They always have. And to be fair, they probably need some aspect of that in their culture if they're going to do that job. They watch each others back. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it's always been that way and always will be. That's why we have plaintiff's lawyers to sue them from time to time. That's the balance.

The poor black man selling cigarettes was HUGE and started fighting with the cops. They choked him out and he died. Lesson learned: Don't fight with cops.

The rich kid who got off on the "Afluenza" excuse was total BS. I agree. That kids should have gone to prison.

Nobody should ever go to jail for selling a little pot. Pot is basically harmless compared to most other drugs and frankly it's better for you than alcohol.

The BLM movement is doing more damage than good for their cause. The constant protests and failure to put forth a constructive, coherent message that appeals to anyone, except the people in the BLM movement itself, is not getting them anywhere. Most white people just shake their heads and think the BLM movement has a racist undertone, which it absolutely does. It will eventually become irrelevant as the people running it lose interest and have to go find jobs after college.
You've obviously have been brainwashed by corporate media.

There are plenty of resources out there to get balanced information about whats going on.

Some people believe everything they hear and read and never think and research for themselves. You are writing from the same thinking of people who opposed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. And the civil rights movement. Its understandable but not respectable.

I know you are smarter than your posts read but you and so many are lazy and basically gullible when it comes to your ideas and emotional writings.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:48 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Uh, Bill Clinton has never suffered fools lightly....
He married Hillary, that's enough "suffering fools" for any man.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:52 AM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times
No way Hillary can be successful without Bill acting as her advocate....and he's great at it.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:53 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I don't know. My wife and I had dinner with a 40 something intelligent woman and she remembers Bill as being a good President and she sees a vote for Hillary is a vote for Bill too. It is the old 2 heads are better than one arguement.
I think there are many people out there that look at the field of crazy candidates and think the same thing.

I think it is time for the Clintons to give us an overdue Bye Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies