Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 11:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They don't have critical thinking skills and therefore are incapable of discerning the difference. It's a repeated theme in many of the threads here in the POC forum.
I don't think you're giving them enough credit, I think they know exactly what they're doing and it's calculated. By saying that anyone who calls out black criminals is actually calling all black people criminals, it's a clever mechanism for them to shut down debate and then they won't have to defend their indefensible, pro-criminal policies.

It's the same with all this "dog whistle" nonsense. It's a way for them to say that someone intentionally said something racist even though what they said didn't sound racist on it's face and no normal person would've ever thought it was racist. That's not to say there aren't times when the term "dog whistle" doesn't legitimately apply, it's just to say the term has largely been co-opted and abused by SJW's who can't come up with a legit argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 12:02 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Before this thread gets shut down, I have to chime in. Bill Clinton is 100% correct in his statement. Black lives only seem to really matter when a white person kills one of them. Otherwise, it is business as usual in the hood. All of us know it and so do blacks.

The one thing that blacks can not defend is that they do not hold the lives of their young people (and older people too) high enough to get involved in seeking a solution to the very serious black on black crime going on every day in this country. I do not see any rioting in the streets protesting ANY black death caused by another black, but let one white person kill a black and all Hell breaks loose.

Even when the police try to find some black who killed another black, "no one saw anything!" That is the major difference between whites and blacks.......if someone kills someone in my community, and I knew something, I would be cooperating with the police 100% to find the killer. But in the black community, when this happens, all people there do is shake their heads and say this has got to stop, and then it is back to doing absolutely nothing.

That is why most of us whites take the slogan "Black lives matter" with a grain of salt. We see it for what it really is, just a protest against whites, not a true statement covering all black deaths. If you really care about black lives, get off your asses and do something meaningful to change things.

Don
I take your point but I think you're a little bit wrong at the same time. I think there are a lot of black people who are tired of living in crime filled areas and don't buy in to this Liberal ideology when it comes to race and policing. The very law that B. Clinton was defending had support from the black community and the congressional black caucus in the 90's. You don't see the black people in the trenches of their communities trying to make a difference because those stories and groups aren't "sexy" like stories about white cops killing a black kid.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Very racist comment! (You probably dont care either).
It's not racist, so no, I don't care.

You are the racist for falsely playing the race card.

Quote:
Large segments of the Black community? What percentage?
Blacks commit a disproportionately high amount of crime relative to their percentage of the population.

They have a disproportionately high rate of illegitimacy and teenaged mothers collecting welfare checks for having babies from multiple absent black fathers.

They have a disproportionately high dependency rate on welfare.

Not because they are discriminated against, but because they think that studying hard and working hard to improve themselves is "acting too white."

If they get a job, employers are afraid to discipline or fire them lest they get sued for "racial discrimination."

Those are facts.

Deal with it.

Quote:
I am a member of this Black community that you are writing about so I probably know more about Black people than you do.
So you say.

But the facts are the facts.

Quote:
There are large segments of the White community who don't take responsibility for their wrong doings. Just look around and you see many Whites getting a pass on things that no one else does.
I see blacks getting favorable treatment that whites don't get.

It is perfectly legal to discriminate against whites in favor of blacks in college admissions, hiring, promotion and government contracting.

And it happens all the time.

It is also legal to discriminate against men in favor of women in college admissions, hiring, promotion and government contracting.

So don't talk to me about whites -- and white males in particular -- getting a "pass," unless it is a pass to be discriminated against.

Quote:
I don't think I am any better than anyone because of skin color nor do I think I am entitled to say and do things and cry when I get shut down. This is crazy and very much of a racist thought that you had the nerve to write on an anonymous message board that you wouldn't dare say in a room full of Black people.
The truth is the truth.

Sorry you can't handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I take your point but I think you're a little bit wrong at the same time. I think there are a lot of black people who are tired of living in crime filled areas and don't buy in to this Liberal ideology when it comes to race and policing. The very law that B. Clinton was defending had support from the black community and the congressional black caucus in the 90's. You don't see the black people in the trenches of their communities trying to make a difference because those stories and groups aren't "sexy" like stories about white cops killing a black kid.
Well said.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-12-2016 at 04:09 AM..

Old 04-12-2016, 07:55 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,976,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's not racist, so no, I don't care.

You are the racist for falsely playing the race card.

Blacks commit a disproportionately high amount of crime relative to their percentage of the population.

They have a disproportionately high rate of illegitimacy and teenaged mothers collecting welfare checks for having babies from multiple absent black fathers.

They have a disproportionately high dependency rate on welfare.

Not because they are discriminated against, but because they think that studying hard and working hard to improve themselves is "acting too white."

If they get a job, employers are afraid to discipline or fire them lest they get sued for "racial discrimination."

Those are facts.

Deal with it.

So you say.

But the facts are the facts.

I see blacks getting favorable treatment that whites don't get.

It is perfectly legal to discriminate against whites in favor of blacks in college admissions, hiring, promotion and government contracting.

And it happens all the time.

It is also legal to discriminate against men in favor of women in college admissions, hiring, promotion and government contracting.

So don't talk to me about whites -- and white males in particular -- getting a "pass," unless it is a pass to be discriminated against.

The truth is the truth.

Sorry you can't handle it.
Blacks don't commit more crimes then whites. They are convicted of crime at a higher percentage then whites.

I have never heard that Blacks are less likely to be disciplined for fear of lawsuits. I guess I would have to look at the cases you are writing about to form an opinion. Most companies have a set standard for performance and cases are reviewed at a standardized corporate level and that type of discrimination doesn't happen like it could 20 years ago.

Whites sue all the time for discrimination and sometimes they win.

I am not going to uphold wrong doing regardless of who does it. I agree that no one should be allowed to abuse the system and yes I am tired of of see fatherless Black children being raised by single mothers and the welfare system needs to be overhauled to to stop the abuse. Its a tragedy what has happened to the Black family and no it is not the White mans fault.

On the other hand many poor Whites benefit from the welfare system and a dysporportionate amount of White wealthy class has too. That has been a drain on every one as well and has destroyed the middle class and has hurt the White community. Some even say it's Obamas fault.

I don't respect opinions that don't have balance and look at both sides of the coin. You obviously have only one perspective and are willing to fight to get what you are "entitled to". Where I have a problem with is when you can't see the problems with how the justice system has not held Whites to the same standards as Blacks and the tragic effects on society as a whole or you don't see the problems within your own demographic.

I don't know if you have a simple us vs them thought process or we are better than them mentality. You can answer that and I hope you do.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 04-12-2016 at 08:09 AM..

Old 04-12-2016, 12:52 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Blacks don't commit more crimes then whites. They are convicted of crime at a higher percentage then whites.

I have never heard that Blacks are less likely to be disciplined for fear of lawsuits. I guess I would have to look at the cases you are writing about to form an opinion. Most companies have a set standard for performance and cases are reviewed at a standardized corporate level and that type of discrimination doesn't happen like it could 20 years ago.

I am not going to uphold wrong doing regardless of who does it. I agree that no one should be allowed to abuse the system and yes I am tired of of see fatherless Black children being raised by single mothers and the welfare system needs to be overhauled to to stop the abuse. Its a tragedy what has happened to the Black family and no it is not the White mans fault.

On the other hand many poor Whites benefit from the welfare system and a dysporportionate amount of White wealthy class has too. That has been a drain on every one as well and has destroyed the middle class and has hurt the White community. Some even say it's Obamas fault.

I don't respect opinions that don't have balance and look at both sides of the coin. You obviously have only one perspective and are willing to fight to get what you are "entitled to". Where I have a problem with is when you can't see the problems with how the justice system has not held Whites to the same standards as Blacks and the tragic effects on society as a whole or you don't see the problems within your own demographic.

I don't know if you have a simple us vs them thought process or we are better than them mentality. You can answer that and I hope you do.

They never see the problem with there demographic even when you show Evidence. ITS almost like because it has no effect on them they really don't care.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Bill O'Reilly: Talking Points Memo - The Democratic Party and Your Physical Safety

Old 04-13-2016, 12:09 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They didn't defend him? This is the problem with generic statements like Bill made. There are a bunch of people BLM have defended.

They may not get them all right but they are bringing about change for the better.
What if the "generic" statements are mostly true? If a statement is true 80% of the time it's a pretty good statement. And there are more deaths caused by 13 year olds "hopped up" on "cocaine" than by while police officers killing innocent blacks. Sorry.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Blacks don't commit more crimes then whites.
Wrong.

They DO commit WAY more crimes relative to their proportion of the population.

Quote:
They are convicted of crime at a higher percentage then whites.
That's because they commit more crimes than whites do on a percentage basis.

But remind me to be real nervous when I drive through a white neighborhood.

LOL.

Quote:
I have never heard that Blacks are less likely to be disciplined for fear of lawsuits.
Well, then you've never worked for a company that employs blacks and whites.

I have.

Quote:
Most companies have a set standard for performance and cases are reviewed at a standardized corporate level and that type of discrimination doesn't happen like it could 20 years ago.
I worked for a major airline, and blacks got away with stuff that would have gotten whites fired on the spot.

Whites can't sue for racial discrimination, because it's not illegal to racially discriminate against whites.

If it were legal, then there would be no such thing as racial preferences that favor non-whites over whites, or gender preferences that favor women over men.

Blacks can and do sue for racial discrimination, and in the current PC environment white-owned companies are considered guilty until proven innocent.

Even when they are proven innocent, the bad publicity is enough to make them settle and give money to the black shake-down artists.

Or better yet, just let blacks get away with stuff and not do anything about it.

Quote:
Wrong.

It's not illegal to discriminate against whites.

It's only illegal to discriminate against non-whites.

Quote:
Well, at least we agree on that.

Quote:
On the other hand many poor Whites benefit from the welfare system and a dysporportionate amount of White wealthy class has too.
You don't qualify for welfare if you're wealthy.

Quote:
I don't respect opinions that don't have balance and look at both sides of the coin. You obviously have only one perspective
Yes -- the truth.

Quote:
and are willing to fight to get what you are "entitled to".
Who isn't?

Quote:
Where I have a problem with is when you can't see the problems with how the justice system has not held Whites to the same standards as Blacks
Wrong.

It actually holds whites to the same or even a higher standard.

That's why whites don't commit crimes at the same rate blacks commit them.

Quote:
and the tragic effects on society as a whole or you don't see the problems within your own demographic.
Whites are "privileged" A) to be legally discriminated against, B) to be held responsible for what they do, and C) to pay for irresponsible non-whites.

Maybe someday, blacks will have those same "advantages."

Quote:
If you don't want me to be "against you," then don't give me good cause to be against you.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-13-2016 at 04:10 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 04:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What if the "generic" statements are mostly true? If a statement is true 80% of the time it's a pretty good statement. And there are more deaths caused by 13 year olds "hopped up" on "cocaine" than by while police officers killing innocent blacks. Sorry.
What if there is? Does that excuse the murders by the police officers?

See, I don't get this......the argument goes that because more civilians kill other civilians we should look the other way when a police officer does it. How does this make sense? I've pointed this out many times and like so many things I bring up, no one addresses it.

If a civilian kills another person and are caught they are punished. For years, if a police officer killed a person the force rallied around them, often times lied for them and helped make it go away. With the proliferation of video they now have been caught in their lies. For years these communities knew the truth but could do nothing. Those like yourself didn't care. They deserved it, whether they did or not.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
But remind me to be real nervous when I drive through a white neighborhood. LOL.
I live in WV but there are areas in southwest WV/Eastern Kentucky I'm not hanging around in after dark. I'm an amateur photographer and there are some really cool places to photograph but people aren't interested in going with there with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies