Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 02:56 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Should I be able to claim discrimination if someone tried to stop me?
What if a pedophile saw a little girl go into the bathroom alone?

I just wonder what happened to the Democratic Party since Bill Clinton or even Obama... it has gone so far left, it's scary.
We should just have a unisex bathroom... that way liberals can live in their utopia.. everyone is equal and the same... the lines will be really long at the clubs for guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 04:31 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
There have always been boys who wanted to wear dresses and play with their hair, but they were still boys. There have always been girls who wanted to wear pants and sport a brush cut, but still a girl. Something is wrong with adults that they want to alter the gender of children who do not fit into their stereotypical perception of boy and girl.
Girls wearing pants???? Oh, my, you might have a major problem in 2016 with females not wearing DRESSES. ROLF I cut my own hair to about a crew cut, and wore sweats, as a young mother 30+ years ago. Did not care who thought I looked like a boy or not. Want to see me nurse my babies? Added benefit? It was the same time as the Son of Sam targeting women with long, brown hair. Win/win situation. Too bad for Sexists.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:38 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,836 times
Quote:
Should I be able to claim discrimination if someone tried to stop me?
What if a pedophile saw a little girl go into the bathroom alone?

I just wonder what happened to the Democratic Party since Bill Clinton or even Obama... it has gone so far left, it's scary.
I think the Gubmint should open a new department....The Dept. of Genitalia Inspection...and have someone at the door to every public bathroom in the USA inspect the genitals of all who enter to make sure they are on the up and up......Something like those TSA people at airports....just sayin..

Old 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
We should just have a unisex bathroom... that way liberals can live in their utopia.. everyone is equal and the same... the lines will be really long at the clubs for guys...
Yes, the libs already have a Pilot program for unisex turlets going on.....It's called "The Streets of San Francisco"...

Old 04-30-2016, 04:46 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,740 times
Most men that are sexual predators look perfectly normal (Jared from Subway anybody?) and they don't need to don a wig to sneak into a women's restroom to get their jollies.

These bills are just about hurting the LGBT community, nothing more.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I agree with a previous poster that too many of you are way to obsessed with other people's genitals.
Not just genitals. They're entirely too obsessed with *bathrooms*. The vast majority of people do not associate pissing and ****ting with a sexual opportunity.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:58 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,372,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I've read that these pro-choice bathroom laws don't increase assault, harassment, or other types of crimes against women. My instinct, common sense, non-expert view can't see how that's true.

There must be nasty men out there who are deterred from entering a women's facility because they know somebody will complain, yell, call the authorities, something. Under these choose your bathroom laws, the burden is on the women, cops, DA to somehow prove the nasty doesn't sexually identify as a woman.
This is worded perfectly.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:00 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Most men that are sexual predators look perfectly normal (Jared from Subway anybody?) and they don't need to don a wig to sneak into a women's restroom to get their jollies.

These bills are just about hurting the LGBT community, nothing more.
I'm lost. Do lesbians want to use the men's room? Bisexuals shouldn't have a problem using the bathroom assigned to their gender. Transgendered are the only people who would be confused about which bathroom to use, so are they not the only group who can take issue with gender specific toilets?

Old 04-30-2016, 05:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
With our current laws, if we see a man follow a lady or child into the opposite restroom, we can call the police on them.
Call the police and have them arrested for what? How the hell do you know the lady or child is not their spouse/child. Find the California law that criminalizes entering a restroom of a gender other than your own. I've used men's rooms before in order to avoid long lines outside ladies rooms, I just have my husband go in the men's room with me.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:12 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I'm lost. Do lesbians want to use the men's room? Bisexuals shouldn't have a problem using the bathroom assigned to their gender. Transgendered are the only people who would be confused about which bathroom to use, so are they not the only group who can take issue with gender specific toilets?

It's about stigmatizing being transgender- "you're unacceptable, poop at home".

And most of these bathroom bills have additional provisions to allow religious-based discrimination against all LGBT individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies