Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:12 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If coming up with that dopey solution taxed your brain, I suggest you invest in those increase your brain power exercises.

First, what does 'dressed like a chick' mean ? A skirt or dress, with a frilly blouse, plenty of makeup, and high heels ? A notable example is Jenner. She'd have been allowed in a woman's facility long before she 'dressed like a chick.'

More importantly, what does a cop do when the nasty guy says he sexually identifies as a woman ? Arrest him and risk committing a civil rights violation ?
You act like everything is so all or nothing.
You can't ask questions?
You can't verify?
I mean, come on. I get that sarcasm is over your head, but common sense shouldn't be.

A man dressed as a man should have no issue going into a guy's bathroom.
If he goes in looking like a woman (in any form that takes), he's the one who risks being harmed.

And the way transitioning works is to live as a woman first.

Women are attacked in public restrooms already. I don't know why you guys think there's something new that suddenly is going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 07:13 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Should I be able to claim discrimination if someone tried to stop me?
What if a pedophile saw a little girl go into the bathroom alone?

I just wonder what happened to the Democratic Party since Bill Clinton or even Obama... it has gone so far left, it's scary.
Just make sure you're wearing your Freudian Slippers and you're good.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:23 AM

42,843 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I'm not so concerned about the people who have medically changed themselves into the opposite sex. It's the guys who decide to put on a wig and have a camera on a stick that worry me.
They couldn't do that before?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
I've read that these pro-choice bathroom laws don't increase assault, harassment, or other types of crimes against women. My instinct, common sense, non-expert view can't see how that's true.

There must be nasty men out there who are deterred from entering a women's facility because they know somebody will complain, yell, call the authorities, something. Under these choose your bathroom laws, the burden is on the women, cops, DA to somehow prove the nasty doesn't sexually identify as a woman.

Argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy.

What you essentially just said is: "Data shows that I'm wrong, but I still believe I'm right, because I want to be right."

Old 05-01-2016, 07:35 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
...This entire bathroom nonsense is a fabricated publicity stunt and serves no purpose.

Untrue. It served the purpose of feeding some folks' irrational fears so that the NC legislature could strip away state and local level laws and protections for discrimination.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:58 AM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times

Old 05-01-2016, 08:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy.

What you essentially just said is: "Data shows that I'm wrong, but I still believe I'm right, because I want to be right."
I have yet to actually see that data. Besides, these pro-choice bathroom laws are relatively new, so I wouldn't yet have complete confidence regardless of what studies show so far.

There are invasions of privacy that are never discovered. Sure, a flat-out assault will likely be reported. We'll never know the number of inappropriate photos out there.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:24 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:

There are invasions of privacy that are never discovered. Sure, a flat-out assault will likely be reported. We'll never know the number of inappropriate photos out there.
This is exactly the case NOW. I wonder why you think there is this huge pent-up demand to use public restrooms as sexual meeting places. Larry Craig notwithstanding, most people of any sexual persuasion use public restrooms for the purpose they are provided. We have weirdos with us always, and they are already being weird.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Women are attacked in public restrooms already. I don't know why you guys think there's something new that suddenly is going to happen.
You and others defend these laws by arguing that because offenses already happen, making it easier for potential offenders isn't a big deal. That's a weird pov to me.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:48 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
You and others defend these laws by arguing that because offenses already happen, making it easier for potential offenders isn't a big deal. That's a weird pov to me.
Thinking that there is a huge pent-up demand to attack women (or anyone else) in public restrooms that will be released by non-discrimination ordinances is a weird pov to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies