Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 08:05 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Yet another solution in search of a problem.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump said Thursday that transgender people should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they feel most comfortable with — including at Trump Tower in New York.
Dipping into a contentious issue by taking a stand many Republicans oppose, Mr. Trump told a town-hall-style event, hosted by NBC’s “Today” show at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, that when people go to the restroom, they should “use the bathroom they feel is appropriate.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...oom-they-want/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 08:05 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
No. No. No.

This was a total non-issue until right wing Republicans made it one. This is literally nothing more than an attempt to throw a bone to social conservatives who, having now added same sex marriage to the long list of battles they've lost, needed some new thing to whine about.

What is this weird obsession right wingers have with drumming up outrage about Issue X, then pretending they had nothing to do with it? Do they actually think they're fooling anyone with a brain?

I'm not a right winger, and I'm not a Republican.

I'm an Agnostic, politically independent, pro any type of marriage someone else wants to have is none of my business, pro choice person. You seem to be focusing on the North Carolina part of the issue. The OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the OP is speaking to the issue as an part of our whole society, not just re North Carolina.

My previous post was just an observation, not a judgment. Logic dictates that LGBT groups who have made the legalization of SSM their primary focus will need another primary focus, another target. What would be the point of continuing the same focus?.....that the decision might be overturned? C'mon, that is not going to happen.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:08 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
No. No. No.

This was a total non-issue until right wing Republicans made it one. This is literally nothing more than an attempt to throw a bone to social conservatives who, having now added same sex marriage to the long list of battles they've lost, needed some new thing to whine about.

What is this weird obsession right wingers have with drumming up outrage about Issue X, then pretending they had nothing to do with it? Do they actually think they're fooling anyone with a brain?
One of the most serious issues effecting our nation

Old 04-30-2016, 08:21 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
LOL..Yet Trump himself declared if Caitlyn himself ( whoops herself) was @ Trump Towers SHOULD she be able to use whatever BR of her choosing?? Drumroll....He says YES!! Course I am unable to locate that interview..so at this moment it IIRC Conspiracy theory??? scrubbed but I did hear it with my own ears!!
I agree with you, I heard the same thing. I agree re the bathroom/'going to the bathroom part of this issue'. The part of the issue I take issue with is re girls (meaning under age 18) locker rooms in public schools. Making certain that they don't feel uncomfortable (they meaning the vast majority of girls in that age group ....born female, with no gender identity issues) is more important, IMO, than making sure those in the minority (those with gender identity issues) don't feel uncomfortable.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:38 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
In reality, it unfortunately opens another door to perverts...anyone with a lick of common sense can see that.
No it doesn't. And anyone with a lick of sense can see that. Perverts don't need laws nor do they care about them.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:09 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
My previous post was just an observation, not a judgment. Logic dictates that LGBT groups who have made the legalization of SSM their primary focus will need another primary focus, another target. What would be the point of continuing the same focus?.....that the decision might be overturned? C'mon, that is not going to happen.
See, here's what's telling...

You think logic dictates that pro-LGBT rights organizations need to shift focus, having won the marriage fight, but you don't use that same logic to conclude that anti-LGBT rights organizations, having lost the marriage fight, also needed to shift focus, and that's exactly what they did. They started a yet another new fight that they will ultimately lose.

Pro-LGBT orgs had plenty of more pressing issues to fight for. You know, like housing discrimination, job discrimination, etc.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:28 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
How will we know if the person is transgender, transsexual, transvestite, heterosexual looking to attack someone, or a pedophile looking to corner a little kiddie? And before we begin, yes, attacking someone is illegal, no kidding. The problem is, NOW you have taken time away from saving a victim from an attack.

Before all this horse crap, if a grown man walked into a ladies bathroom, people would do something about that. Not anymore. Now we're supposed to sit and wait for them to attack because we aren't allowed to oppress them and offend their delicate sensibilities by getting some kind of proof that they are, indeed, not an attacker/perv.

See, before all this horse crap, transgenders ALREADY used whatever bathroom they wanted. Most people didn't know. But people sure as hell knew if a straight male walked into the ladies room, or if a sick pedo tried to pretend he was a girl...they really suck at dressing up...at least trans put effort into it, although yes, you can still tell.

Again, the SJWs who claim to be about women's rights have actually taken away women's rights by demanding that males should be allowed into the ladies restroom. And don't even start with that argument about if they are or are not male. If they still have their male parts, they are males, regardless of what gender they feel like they are.

Further, taking hormone pills does not reduce their strength. It may cause other changes, but it does NOT make them weaker, they will still have more strength than an actual female.

The SJWs have proven that they don't actually care about anyone's rights or safety. They don't care about the safety of little boys, they don't care about the safety little girls, men, women, straight, trans, etc. They don't care, because they have put every one of those people in danger of being attacked when there was not a problem with trans people using the bathroom of their choice already.

Wasn't that the argument? That trans had already been using those bathrooms? That none of us would have known? If that was the case, then what I say is correct. And if that was the case, then there wasn't an actual problem. And if that was the case, why the hell is this now a case? Because SJWs are not actually in it to protect anyone. They have a bigger agenda, and here we are, frogs in the pot, noticing that the water is getting just a little warmer, but doing nothing about it. When the SJW idiots finally get to the real meat of their agenda, we'll be at a full boil. And that includes all of the nonthinking who actually support this garbage.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
On a lighter note...........Wife and I ate in a restaurant the other night. I told her to pay the check while I went to the bathroom. Typical setup..........door to the left is "womens"..............the one to the right is "mens" I go waltzing into the mens............Stop dead in my tracks ............there is a young female wiping down one of the urinals.........I said" oh my god I'm sorry......am I in the right room?"......."oh yes sir.... sorry i'm just cleaning up" I blurted out; " oh ya.. I guess any sex can go into any restroom now". With that I went into the stall while saying "if you don't mind i'll go in here so you can't see me............"

I've just about seen it all.......... God can take me anytime.........

Last edited by jeffdoorgunner; 04-30-2016 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: grammer

Old 04-30-2016, 10:00 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,726,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm gonna go with: If he ain't dressed like a chick, call the cops.

Wow. That was tough. Whew. Taxing on the brain. I better sit down.
Dress like a chick? Wow that's very male chauvinist right now forcing gender roles. Tada I beat that standard.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:30 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,952 times
Adult men also abuse young boys.

Should we not allow adult men to enter restrooms with young boys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies