Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 10:38 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Should I be able to claim discrimination if someone tried to stop me?
What if a pedophile saw a little girl go into the bathroom alone?

I just wonder what happened to the Democratic Party since Bill Clinton or even Obama... it has gone so far left, it's scary.
When Hillary Clinton makes millions of dollars giving 12 speeches behind closed doors to big banks, should the media ignore it and act like our campaign system is perfectly fine and instead report on where people are pissing?

When David Cameron wants to get parliament and public support to bomb Syria to deter Syrian immigration into the UK, the immigrants spoken of doing so to avoid bombs, so Assad can be removed from office to deter Islamic extremism, opening up a power vacuum for groups like ISIS to take control of even more land, should the media ignore that and pretend everything is ok in favor of talking about bakeries only willing to frost sugar flowers in only heterosexual ways?

Does it bother you at all that you are so easily distracted by the actual problems in the world that this non-issue that is being sensationalized and turned into a nation wide debate over nothing is what you decided was most important to talk about? Does it bother you that you're like that? Does it bother any of the other people who have acted as if this is some necessary crusade for the last 7 pages of useless debate.

But fine, let's get this out of the way. You child is not in any significant danger over these anti-discrimination laws that are getting passed, nor is your child safer by the authoritarian bathroom micromanagement that is not happening, you know, instead of worrying about poverty. Of the states that have passed transgendered anti-discrimination laws, none have seen increases in bathroom related sexual assaults. This is becasue these basically never happen. If you're child is to be molested, it's probably going to be by one of your siblings, a teacher, a minister, or some other authority figure. You are more likely to molest your own child that a stranger in a bathroom is, statistically speaking.

I do not care what your stance is on transgendered people. The pressing reality is that this issue is not an actual issue. Transgendered people have been using the bathroom of their choice for years. You didn't notice becasue most transgendered people have absolutely no interest in drawing any attention to the fact that they aren't exactly like you. Yes, with some recent trends, some people are in your face, but they aren't going sexually abuse you because they don't believe any genders existing or whatever they ****ing think. They may be annoying but they aren't dangerous. And the ones who are dangerous do not need a ****ty ****ing to be passed becasue one already exists. It's always been illegal to sexually harass people in a public restroom. There is not a need for a new law. Not only do these instances of abuse hardly ever actually happen, even when they did, no legal justification exists for them. As a man, I cannot walk into the men's room, rape someone, then get away with it becasue I was in the proper bathroom. Nor could I put on a wig and go to a woman's bathroom and get away with rape by saying I don't conform to any gender identity. Because rape is illegal and we don't need an additional law to enforce the already plenty efficient law we have.

This transgender bathroom issue is nothing but a filler issue that has gotten us intelligent people with an attention span of about 2 minutes to ignore all the other issues that are actually causing problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 10:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default If I see a hot girl go into the bathroom, should I be allowed to follow her?

Quote:

I just wonder what happened to the Democratic Party since Bill Clinton or even Obama... it has gone so far left, it's scary.
Be a pioneer.

Try it and see what happens.

Let us know how it works out.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
See, here's what's telling...

You think logic dictates that pro-LGBT rights organizations need to shift focus, having won the marriage fight, but you don't use that same logic to conclude that anti-LGBT rights organizations, having lost the marriage fight, also needed to shift focus, and that's exactly what they did. They started a yet another new fight that they will ultimately lose.
No, it isn't telling. You are again showing that your focus is North Carolina. Unless he corrects me, the OP's focus appears to be our society in general, not specifically on North Carolina.That is what I was replying to, before you ever replied to my post.

Quote:
Pro-LGBT orgs had plenty of more pressing issues to fight for. You know, like housing discrimination, job discrimination, etc.
Good. I agree that there should not be any discrimination re the issues you listed, nor on any other issues I can think of, unless you consider the one I addressed in another post on this thread....the locker room (not bathroom) issue re public intermediate schools and high schools.....to be discrimination.

One of my best friends from college is bisexual. He is also a physician. He lives and works in the EU. He has never bothered to try to come back to the U.S. to get licensed to practice here. I think part of the reason is that he feels that the U.S. lags behind the EU when it comes to some issues that are important to the LGBT community as a whole.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:14 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Clearly any more you can't let young girls go into bathrooms by themselves. Anyone older than 15 needs to carry a personal taser or pepper spray with them now.

I'm not so concerned about the people who have medically changed themselves into the opposite sex. It's the guys who decide to put on a wig and have a camera on a stick that worry me.

(PS - Read that Target's stock has plummeted $1.5 billion. Keep up the good work!)

Old 05-01-2016, 04:40 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Pro-LGBT orgs had plenty of more pressing issues to fight for. You know, like housing discrimination, job discrimination, etc.

It's ironic you would say this, because it shows how misinformed you are. North Carolina's HB2 actually has a lot of anti-gay stuff in it in general, like trying to protect businesses who would have a problem renting a room to a gay couple on religious grounds. It's no coincidence these issues all got lumped together into HB2. This is a giant middle finger to the LGBT community, and a sop to religious fundamentalists, after the recent legal victories the movement has been having in the courts.

I'm glad entertainers and big buisinesses will be boycotting North Carolina. I will do my best to do the same as well.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:

"If I see a hot girl go into the bathroom, should I be allowed to follow her?"

Only if she's hot AND very young.

Be sure to bring your trench coat, sunglasses and a fedora.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Nothing stops you from following a girl into the bathroom now, though are you just planning on using the bathroom or do you plan on masturbating in front of her or raping her? Both are already illegal but still happen.
You can just lurk there creepily and breathe loudly and heavily like in "Scary Movie".

No law against that, if the libs have their way.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:04 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Interestingly my lawyer neighbor indicates there is no law in California making it illegal to use a restroom of the opposite sex.

There are privacy laws against peeping and taping and of course indecent exposure. But if a man walked into the ladies room, went to a stall, closed the door, took care of business and left, he's broken no law in California. It works the same way for women. Women frequently use the men's room at large events because the lines are shorter. No laws broken.

This entire bathroom nonsense is a fabricated publicity stunt and serves no purpose.
Exactly what I was going to say. Indeed, the reason that some states are considering 'gender specific' bathroom laws is because, well, there are no such laws.

Some politicians have 'created' an issue, clamoring for 'new laws' to fix said issue.

I will note that here in Fort Worth, at several places (the zoo, some movie theaters) they have 'family' restrooms, where a whole family may enter. I myself once used the family restroom when the men's room was shut down for some reason. I am glad no one called the cops on me for going in by myself.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:51 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm gonna go with: If he ain't dressed like a chick, call the cops.

Wow. That was tough. Whew. Taxing on the brain. I better sit down.
If coming up with that dopey solution taxed your brain, I suggest you invest in those increase your brain power exercises.

First, what does 'dressed like a chick' mean ? A skirt or dress, with a frilly blouse, plenty of makeup, and high heels ? A notable example is Jenner. She'd have been allowed in a woman's facility long before she 'dressed like a chick.'

More importantly, what does a cop do when the nasty guy says he sexually identifies as a woman ? Arrest him and risk committing a civil rights violation ?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:11 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:

It's so crazy, we need someone like Trump to put an end to all this.
You are aware Trump has already said he doesn't care if transgenders like Caitlyn Jenner use the bathroom based on the gender they identify with right?

He's not going to put an end to what you have an issue with, since it doesn't bother him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies