Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 11:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
I've heard it said that people who claim that homosexuals can change typically have homosexual feelings. That's why they figure we can change, because clearly they feel they could change.
Well, if you're bisexual, I guess it's not all that difficult to change from one sexual orientation to the other, depending on which particular person is turning you on at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, if you're bisexual, I guess it's not all that difficult to change from one sexual orientation to the other, depending on which particular person is turning you on at the time.
I think if you're bisexual, that is your sexual orientation...one doesn't oscillate between orientations.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
Gay marriage is a conflict in terms.

Marriage takes place between a man and a woman.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:30 AM

408 posts, read 696,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

Which was set by religion. We have kind of moved past that. We are talking more of the government. Change the terms and no conflict.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 AM

Our govt was founded on Christian principles.

But whatever; I'll never validate it. But then I'm not in HR so it's not an issue for me.

One day I hope people will get sick of our country going off in bizarre directions (not the least of which is political correctness and fear of offending the few, at great cost to the many). At that point we will be able to take another look at traditional values and procedures that made this country great. Things that WORK, rather than fuzzy-feel good nonsense. We need to get back toward being a prosperous, united, and sovereign nation and stop being a bunch of sissies.

Be gay, I could care less. But you aren't married, however loud you yell. Just because someone loudly insists that red and yellow make green doesn't make it true. They can say it all they want, but it's still orange.

But once again, that's just me. And I'm sure I'm alone in that position, so just disregard.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

blah blah blah, god that's such a boring & tired argument. Face it, we're all human beings & we all deserve to marry who we want. I really don't care if you don't approve, it's not up to you to tell me who I can & can't marry, I have no effect on your life. Taxation w/equal representation & all, if someone pays their taxes, they deserve the same treatment as everyone else, period. I'm sick of peoples homophobia & judgement...deal with it!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 10:22 AM

That's fine, it won't affect me either, so I can deal with you being sick of whomever you're sick of, not a problem!

We can certainly agree to disagree on this issue.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:37 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
blah blah blah, god that's such a boring & tired argument. Face it, we're all human beings & we all deserve to marry who we want. I really don't care if you don't approve, it's not up to you to tell me who I can & can't marry, I have no effect on your life. Taxation w/equal representation & all, if someone pays their taxes, they deserve the same treatment as everyone else, period. I'm sick of peoples homophobia & judgement...deal with it!!!
Face what? You call another persons argument a "boring and tired" one...but ever think your own arguments in favor of legal sanction of "gay marriage" is "boring and tired" to those who don't accept the homosexual agenda?

Most of the points you make can be stood on their head. But before I give my two cents worth, let me say aforehand that I am actually one of those Southern Baptists who love to drink beer and really, DO accept that one's sexual orientation may, in many instances, be something they can't help even if they wanted to...

With that said though, such does NOT mean that the rest of society has to accept it as normal nor elevate the so-called "gay marriage (or lifestyle) to that of normal (yes, normal, I said) of the same between men and women. If that makes me a "homophobe" then...whatever.

I don't give a fiddler's damn what two consenting adults or sheep or any consenting combination thereof do behind closed doors (home or barn).

As a quick aside question, WHY is that if the activist homosexual community is so confident and secure in that everything is so naturally "equal", then why do they so much go out of their way to "shock" the rest of society with their perversions in public displays (Gay Day parades or such at DisneyLand) and rely on court mandates -- rather than the legislative process -- to cram their agenda's down the throats of those who don't accept it?

And by the way, will you tell me exactly what "rights" you or any other gay person is denied by way of those enumerated in the Constitution? That "rights" baloney is just that. For instance, do they ask you when you fill out the required application for buying a gun, are you gay or straight? Is it something for voting? Free speech?

Ok...I have spoken my piece here...and probably need to go have a co' beer! LOL

Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Here is the baloney that you so speak of, If my partner of 29 years needs to be hospitalized, I do not have the right to visit him in the hospital. If he or I should die, neither one of us has the same inheritance rights as a married couple or a couple with marriage by common law. We pay the same tax's as everyone else, yet are denied the same tax breaks. We share a house and bills, but get no credit. We pay for your children to have a good school with a solid roof and books to read, but do not have children and in some states are denied it. Our country is based on the freedom of religion and choice. Denying a select group of people the right to marry based on Christianity is bogus, you would also have to deny marriage for jews, american natives, Buddhists and atheists to name a few. I want a common law marriage like everyone else has the right to have. And by the way it is not a " gay agenda " ; was it a black/African american agenda or a women's agenda when they wanted equal rights that had been denied them? I have yet to see anyone come up with a valid reason for why gay marriage will hurt straight sanctioned marriage agenda. Yes it is indeed an agenda and it is still winning the fight, but gay marriage will prevail the same as interracial marriage did in the 1960's. Once the fight for equal rights has begun, it is hard to stop. I for one will not stop till I have the same and equal rights that everyone else in the Unites States enjoys.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:44 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Here is the baloney that you so speak of, If my partner of 29 years needs to be hospitalized, I do not have the right to visit him in the hospital. If he or I should die, neither one of us has the same inheritance rights as a married couple or a couple with marriage by common law. We pay the same tax's as everyone else, yet are denied the same tax breaks. We share a house and bills, but get no credit. We pay for your children to have a good school with a solid roof and books to read, but do not have children and in some states are denied it. Our country is based on the freedom of religion and choice. Denying a select group of people the right to marry based on Christianity is bogus, you would also have to deny marriage for jews, american natives, Buddhists and atheists to name a few. I want a common law marriage like everyone else has the right to have. And by the way it is not a " gay agenda " ; was it a black/African american agenda or a women's agenda when they wanted equal rights that had been denied them? I have yet to see anyone come up with a valid reason for why gay marriage will hurt straight sanctioned marriage agenda. Yes it is indeed an agenda and it is still winning the fight, but gay marriage will prevail the same as interracial marriage did in the 1960's. Once the fight for equal rights has begun, it is hard to stop. I for one will not stop till I have the same and equal rights that everyone else in the Unites States enjoys.
Bravo!!! Thank you & well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies