Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It will because we're still over there killing innocent people.
That's rich of you. They're flying planes into buildings, attacking soccer games, concerts, subways and airport plazas, and yet for you the killing of a human shield is worse?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I never said homeowners should be admonished for defending their families. Read it again. I don't like your idea of anarchy. No government, we just kill people who commit crimes. That's not right, and neither is blaming our government for Osama bin Laden's attack. I will accept the government blame for training him and his crazy people to fight in the '80s, but not 9/11.
People should have the right to defend their life and property when any outside agent iniatiates force on them. If you kill the perp...so be it.

I do know that when gangsters are playing their war games on a global scale many innocents die...in the WTC or a village in Iraq. It sucks. And equally so.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yes I do, and I meant it. I was talking about Pearl Harbor attack anyway, and the rest was about 9/11. What did we do to Japan but stop selling them materials to make war on us?

Nice to only post a portion of my post and ignore the rest.
We blockaded them and we seized their assets.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Posts like these two leave me breathless. Reasons below.
Yes. Blame the West for opposing the barbarians. Ignoring them worked real well for the Romans; and for the peaceful countries in Europe of the 1930's.
Posts like yours leave me breathless. Reasons below.

When we attack them they'll retaliate. Only those who have a twisted agenda would think otherwise. So which country in the Middle East was trying to take over? Was it Iraq or Egypt or Iran? Tell me which one has the capability to take over the Middle East?

Which one of our states borders are we protecting? I'll give you a hint, none. Protecting our oil is the answer.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That's rich of you. They're flying planes into buildings, attacking soccer games, concerts, subways and airport plazas, and yet for you the killing of a human shield is worse?
Why are they doing it to us? hint -They never did until we went over there.
Lets see if you can figure it out now. Two simple sentences I hope even you can understand.

But never mind that our government murders thousands of innocents over there who are at funerals, at weddings, in hospitals and in schools. Right? Completely ignore that FACT.
We are allowed to use force and coercion to do anything we want and no one should retaliate because we're America!

Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
well, a good big man will always beat a good little man. There is some truth in this statement.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:33 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Should those in other countries feel differently than us? Are they not people also?

Going to work one day and you come home to a house that no longer exists and your entire family is dead because someone indiscriminately dropped a bomb on it.

Should they never forget also?
Great question. Americans don't understand it, because 9/11 is the closest they have ever come to experiencing what you described. They live in their own sheltered, insular worlds.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:46 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about invading/occupying a country that did nothing to us?

how does that make you feel?
I was against the Iraq war from day one, and never voted for Bush one time even for governor of my home state. I think he made an utter mess of things, but don't tell me Saddam Hussein of Iraq never broke any of the terms of surrender he signed after the first Gulf War. It was on the basis of those broken terms that gave Bush the right (even if he was utterly wrong) to use force. Do terms of surrender mean nothing?

That being said, I was responding to the statement that essentially said 9/11 was our fault for meddling in the Middle East. And the later statement that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was our fault too.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not about religion. To say so is absurd. We've been over there killing their people for 60 years. They retaliated.
Please list the killings over these last sixty years.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Unfortunately, unjust wars don't end.

Just War theory has three parts: whether it is just to get into a war, how to conduct a war, and how to get out.

While Just War theory is often honored more rhetorically than in actual fact, it is important to recognize that Just War theory is at least an international framework for thinking about war. It is also crucial to recognize that ‘how you get into a war’ and ‘what you leave behind’ are connected.

So iraq war is a big fat mistake.
I agree. I never said we should have invaded Iraq. I was responding to a post saying 9/11 was our fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies