Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:50 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,570 times

Advertisements

Hard to forget that day for me. Every thing changed that day - from the moment I left my house to go to work, i knew something was off...just by the traffic and the extraordinarily long wait to get to work. Not to mention the subsequent actions that occurred, that kept me busy for a few weeks afterwards.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:00 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. I'll go you one better, 9/11 was caused by our government doing some really stupid things in the Middle East.

No, it was caused by deranged Islamic lunatics who reflexively blame the West for all of their ills.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Should those in other countries feel differently than us? Are they not people also?

Going to work one day and you come home to a house that no longer exists and your entire family is dead because someone indiscriminately dropped a bomb on it.

Should they never forget also?

We don't indiscriminately drop bombs on houses or target civilians.

AQ and ISIS, on the other hand, regularly target civilians indiscriminately.

do you understand the difference?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yup. Mecca should be like Chernobyl and Bush should be in jail.
Just out of curiosity, why should Bush be in jail vis-a-vis 9/11?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

I agree we don't belong there, but that was not the trigger for 9-11. Look at all the European counties who make nice with islam and criticize the US and israel, and get terror bombed by muslims regardless.
We were asked for decades to stay out of their affairs. We refused. It's only a matter of time before it happens again.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:59 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We were asked for decades to stay out of their affairs. We refused. It's only a matter of time before it happens again.
How about this kind of bargain; we stay out of their affairs and they stay out of the West?

That means we don't buy their oil, and no one does. That means no tourism. No U.N. No foreign aid, and no trade of any kind.

And when there's massive wars or starvation we do nothing other than defend Western countries or other countries in the area such as Israel or India that don't want to "go Stone Age."

Got it?

Old 05-27-2016, 08:31 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,656 times
My brother was supposed to graduate from basic training in Fort Benning, GA that day. My father was going to ride an airplane for the first time. I was away at college, but needless to say, our hearts all sank because we knew it meant war and my brother had just gone into the Army. Fortunately, my brother wasn't deployed to any war zones, but he did get sent to a medic hospital in Germany in 2004 and spent a year there.

It was an eerie day, for sure. One that I won't forget. I remember watching the news in my dorm and it was like something out of a movie. Because my university is in Baltimore, a lot of students had parents working in DC and there were a lot of students from New York (I'm from NJ myself), so the campus was frantic and they eventually cancelled classes for the remainder of that week. I remember driving to the store later in the afternoon and there was no one on the roads, just emergency vehicles. At one point I was outside looking up at the crystal clear sky and noticed how strange it was to not see planes flying about. It was scarily calm.

A few people from my area who worked in the towers died that day. Every so often over the next few weeks, there would be an article in the paper about someone else who died in the collapse. It was very tragic, but at the same time, seeing the unified mobilization of emergency personnel, and others, who volunteered from all over the country to help rescue efforts was amazing.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
How about this kind of bargain; we stay out of their affairs and they stay out of the West?

That means we don't buy their oil, and no one does.
It's not up to us who buys their oil. So again, you are simply offering another meddling program.

Quote:
That means no tourism. No U.N. No foreign aid, and no trade of any kind.
I feel like I am repeating myself here BUT that is NOT our call.

Quote:
And when there's massive wars or starvation we do nothing other than defend Western countries or other countries in the area such as Israel or India that don't want to "go Stone Age."

Got it?
It's not our business. You are the one who obviously doesn't understand.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:31 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Yeah, see, here's the thing: I remember pretty clearly how I felt - enraged, powerless, afraid and very, very angry. The lizard brain was definitely in control for a few days, the desire to lash out. But I also recognize that a frame of mind like that is not at all conducive to good long-term decision-making.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Please list the killings over these last sixty years.
Are you that ignorant of the way we helped overthrow Iran? Are you that ignorant of the hundreds of thousands of innocents that died because of Bush ones blockade? Are you that ignorant of the thousands of innocents that Obama has killed with his drones?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 05-28-2016 at 05:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies