Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 06:52 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I heard --not sure if true- that the Jewish community did NOT go to work that day- and that none died in the tower it self, -that maybe Israel had Intel into the matter? They do say we did too- but never conveyed to the proper channels - no sharing of information was going on... I rem calling my 3 sons and tell them this might be war-- and to prepare if had to.
I'm sure that's not true.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:00 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
I heard --not sure if true- that the Jewish community did NOT go to work that day- and that none died in the tower it self, -that maybe Israel had Intel into the matter? They do say we did too- but never conveyed to the proper channels - no sharing of information was going on... I rem calling my 3 sons and tell them this might be war-- and to prepare if had to.
I heard --not sure if true-- that Jews have horns.

Sorry, but the only people who believe this are stupid people and/or people who don't like Jews.

That story came out of Lebanon. It their way of absolving themselves of this atrocity, while at the same time, blaming their enemy. Plenty of Jews died in the WTC.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
The blame game is a never ending fools paradox.

Gets right down to it; if you've got one drop of mid-east oil mixed into your fuel tank and you turn that key......you're to blame.

All those wells burning after Iraq was expelled from Kuwait caused more than one heart attack in BP/Shell/Exxon/and a host of other smaller players boardrooms and you can bet the farm they demanded military intervention/incursion from anyone and everyone to prevent the likes from happening again.

Put simply; they probably levered to remove the ability for "filthy arabs/camel jockeys/sheep shaggers/sand-fleas/" to have control over something as valuable as the "world's" oil.

Major corporate interests are running this planet and any illusions you might be under your government is on your behalf is just another fantasy on the same order as The Wizard of Oz. At least in the fantasy; Dorothy eventually discovers and confronts the sham artist.........

Old 05-26-2016, 07:40 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
I rem calling my 3 sons and tell them this might be war-- and to prepare if had to.
I was 14 at the time, and I remember my immediate thought was "I am so happy that my brother is no longer in the Marine Corps." Then I felt incredibly guilty after that because I knew even back then, there were people who had to die because of this.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:12 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I heard --not sure if true-- that Jews have horns.

Sorry, but the only people who believe this are stupid people and/or people who don't like Jews.

That story came out of Lebanon. It their way of absolving themselves of this atrocity, while at the same time, blaming their enemy. Plenty of Jews died in the WTC.

Was there Intel YES- but I don't know - why I said heard- I am sorry anyone died period- it was tragic- but no way do I hate/dislike Jews- that's your thinking- have much to thank the Jewish community in my personal life- unfortunately all kinds of stories are created and changed. I was not there, just passing on what I read some time later, but thanks for clearing it up -

Old 05-26-2016, 11:26 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Was there Intel YES- but I don't know - why I said heard- I am sorry anyone died period- it was tragic- but no way do I hate/dislike Jews- that's your thinking- have much to thank the Jewish community in my personal life- unfortunately all kinds of stories are created and changed. I was not there, just passing on what I read some time later, but thanks for clearing it up -
No problem. Snopes says the claim is false, as do most other people that aren't from the Middle East. Most of those countries use propaganda on their citizens, many of whom have a 3rd grade education and live a third world life, so they eat it up. It's understandable, in a way. It just gets disheartening when non third world people buy into it.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:18 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I was at a business meeting when somebody turned on a television and we watched the first tower fall. My thought was, "That took them long enough." A friend called and reminded me that I had predicted both the targets and the means some twenty years earlier. I even stated that it was done by fundamentalist Saudi Wahabist fanatics.

What I did not predict was the use of the tragedy by George Bush to finish off their war with the hated Saddam instead of hammering the Saudi's actually responsible. I will never forgive the Saudi's for the attack and George Bush for starting a war with the wrong people for his personal vengeance.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:23 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Team 'Murica *&#$ yea!
Pack your bags, a war for ya can't be far away!

Old 05-26-2016, 12:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I was against the Iraq war from day one, and never voted for Bush one time even for governor of my home state. I think he made an utter mess of things, but don't tell me Saddam Hussein of Iraq never broke any of the terms of surrender he signed after the first Gulf War. It was on the basis of those broken terms that gave Bush the right (even if he was utterly wrong) to use force. Do terms of surrender mean nothing?
It was none of our business in the first place and no, he really didn't break any of the terms. He let on like he did to keep those we know as terrorists today at bay, but he didn't do squat.

That being said, I was responding to the statement that essentially said 9/11 was our fault for meddling in the Middle East. And the later statement that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was our fault too.[/quote]

We neither belong on their side of the Pacific or in the Middle East.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:50 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was none of our business in the first place and no, he really didn't break any of the terms. He let on like he did to keep those we know as terrorists today at bay, but he didn't do squat.

That being said, I was responding to the statement that essentially said 9/11 was our fault for meddling in the Middle East. And the later statement that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was our fault too.
We neither belong on their side of the Pacific or in the Middle East.[/quote]

I agree we don't belong there, but that was not the trigger for 9-11. Look at all the European counties who make nice with islam and criticize the US and israel, and get terror bombed by muslims regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies