Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:35 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times

Advertisements

Oh no, the omnipotent bankers that own the American people got crashed into...oh the humanity...(that is who the largest businesses in the twin towers were...)

Anyway, we have bred the hatred of us by our constant aggression and meddling in foreign affairs. Ironically our meddling and aggression overseas was funded by those companies housed in the twin towers...Now everyone can commence hating me.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:38 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Oh no, the omnipotent bankers that own the American people got crashed into...oh the humanity...(that is who the largest businesses in the twin towers were...)

Anyway, we have bred the hatred of us by our constant aggression and meddling in foreign affairs. Ironically our meddling and aggression overseas was funded by those companies housed in the twin towers...Now everyone can commence hating me.
Were the Amelkites and Jebusites that "fought" stragglers retaliating for "constant aggression" by Hebrews?

Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
OMG @ this thread.

Why should I not forget how I felt on 911 exactly?

Get real people, acts of terrorism are bad but far more people die in other circumstances. How many people have died in car crashes, homicides, wars, natural disasters, medical malpractice cases, illness, suicides since 2001?

I'm definitely not gonna get stuck in something that happened 15 years ago. Sure the scenes are dramatic but if I play a video of someone getting shot or a family getting burned alive in a car crash it would be also very dramatic. 911 was bad enough when it happened. If you go around with fear the only people who win are the terrorists. Their goal is to create fear.

Stop the paranoia already

Old 06-28-2016, 08:46 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
OMG @ this thread.

Why should I not forget how I felt on 911 exactly?

Get real people, acts of terrorism are bad but far more people die in other circumstances. How many people have died in car crashes, homicides, wars, medical malpractice cases, illness, suicides since 2001?

I'm definitely not gonna get stuck in something that happened 15 years ago. Sure the scenes are dramatic but if I play a video of someone getting shot or a family getting burned alive in a car crash it would be also very dramatic.911 was bad enough when it happened. If you go around with fear the only people who win are the terrorists. Their goal is to create fear.

Stop the paranoia already
Should we just ignore the fact that people living in the 9th Century are at war with us?

Old 06-28-2016, 08:47 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Should we just ignore the fact that people living in the 9th Century are at war with us?
Well they hate us for our modern amenities...so we're told. And it sounds like you believe them.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
I lived 50 miles away in NJ.. the purple smoke was seen for days and days as it streamed over the ocean moving south... I thought of the people burned alive. I mourned. Two weeks later I went to ground zero. It looked like a war zone. The stench was bad. It had a chemical smell . I saw the white dust covering the buildings. I walked over the Brooklyn bridge and remember seeing what seems unreal to the senses.. it was horrible. I will never forget.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well they hate us for our modern amenities...so we're told. And it sounds like you believe them.
Either our government is lying to us or we are really crappy at dusting these people out. The hardest part I have with all of this President Bush was able to walk away.......while the enemy went from 3rd world fighters to having better guns and military equipment than our own US soldiers.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:39 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Previously Unseen Footage of 9/11 Attacks Goes Viral (Warning: Graphic)| the-daily.buzz/

"It’s been fifteen years since the attacks on September 11th.

Just this week a video taken during the attacks [uploaded in 2009] from an NYU dormitory went inexplicably viral on YouTube.

It has since amassed over six million [now 11] views...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYBQZ_jqFY
How are they calling this "unseen"? It's been included in a documentary for many years. I'll see if I can find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWKNNer1Cc

Their video starts the entire documentary. This documentary goes on to reveal more of their video. This documentary was put out in 2008. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1312203/

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-29-2016 at 04:02 AM..

Old 06-29-2016, 06:27 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why are they doing it to us? hint -They never did until we went over there.
Lets see if you can figure it out now. Two simple sentences I hope even you can understand.

But never mind that our government murders thousands of innocents over there who are at funerals, at weddings, in hospitals and in schools. Right? Completely ignore that FACT.
We are allowed to use force and coercion to do anything we want and no one should retaliate because we're America!
You act like the U.S. was over in the Middle East killing people for 60 years, so naturally they retaliated. That just isn't true. We interfered with an election in Iran, and preferred certain leaders over others, but as far as I know we weren't over there killing people. We helped the Saudis become rich with oil. We supplied weapons to Iraq in their war against Iran. We have meddled, but no more than Russia and they never get the blame for this type of realpolitik.

Osama bin Laden wasn't mad at us for killing people. He was mad at us because his country preferred having the American army and coalition forces to stop Iraq in 1991, instead of him and his mujahideen forces that we trained to fight Russia in the '80s. I don't see how that's justification for him to them start bombing navy ships and embassies, and ultimately targets in the U.S.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:16 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

So the 911 victims are to blame?
Isn't that amazing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVaslovik View Post
I saw the first tower burning on TV in the lobby of my hotel as they told what happened. Then I saw the second plane hit live. I knew we were at war. Now my government does all it can to obscure and deny that, to aid our attackers. Our attackers are now in our government.
I ran for my life that day. I saw what happens to a person when they hit the from 80 stories high. And yet the liberal Democrats and their trolls in the media have worked as hard as they can to make this all about Bush and vilify him while patting Obama on the back for killing Osama. We're such an effed up and partisan country now it's heartbreaking. My son wants to join the military, but I've done my damndest to talk him out of it. You can't trust a Democratic president to do the right thing with the military, you can't trust the DoD now that Obama's gutted it, and after Benghazi there's no way I'd trust the military with Hillary in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies