Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 05:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Posts like these two leave me breathless. Reasons below.
Yes. Blame the West for opposing the barbarians. Ignoring them worked real well for the Romans; and for the peaceful countries in Europe of the 1930's.
Ignorant posts like yours leave me breathless. Why are we there in the first place? Which country attacked us? Which of our states borders are we protecting over there?

Old 05-28-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
No, it was caused by deranged Islamic lunatics who reflexively blame the West for all of their ills.
No, it was caused by deranged political lunatics who care more about their oil than the rights of the individual.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
We don't indiscriminately drop bombs on houses or target civilians.

AQ and ISIS, on the other hand, regularly target civilians indiscriminately.

do you understand the difference?
You were saying?

Obama-led drone strikes kill innocents 90% of the time

Obama-led drone strikes kill innocents 90% of the time: report - Washington Times

U.S. Airstrike Kills 19 at Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan

http://www.wsj.com/articles/airstrik...tan-1443851465

It's never too late to wake up.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:49 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Re that stupid No Jews story--I can't believe someone actually posted that after all these years. All you have to do is look at some of the last names of the dead. Or have been paying the slightest bit of attention in 2001.

The head of the Port Authority, which owned the buildings, died. Neil Levin. Sound Irish or Italian to you? Gary Lutnick, the partner at Cantor Fitz Gerald, the firm at the top of T1 that lost hundreds. Sounds like maybe a Chinese name?

A couple of hundred Jews died at the WTC. Stupidity is a choice.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:03 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Posts like yours leave me breathless. Reasons below.
I am glad you know how to copy and paste. I recognize my vocabulary.

Quote:
When we attack them they'll retaliate. Only those who have a twisted agenda would think otherwise.... Which one of our states borders are we protecting? I'll give you a hint, none. Protecting our oil is the answer.
Just because the attacks are stateless doesn't make them non-attacks. It is patently obvious what the transaction is here. The Arab states fought four conventional wars against Israel, a Western country. Most of the world grudgingly acknowledged Israel's right to defend themselves against another state actor. Even there there was a double-standard; the wars was started by others and Israel was expected to return territories lost in those wars without giving Egypt-like peace guarantees.
The Arabs wised up and understood they could never beat a Western country in a conventional land war So they turned to asymetrical war. Examples abound in the rest of the West besides Israel (and I am leaving out Khobar Towers and the USS Cole, arguably military targets, though non-belligerent):
  1. The 1972 Olympic attacks
  2. Various discotheque bombings in Germany during the 1980's
  3. The first World Trade Center attack
  4. The attacks on the Kenya and Tanzania embassies
  5. September 11
  6. Attacks on the trains in Spain on March 11, 2004
  7. The July 11, 2005 London subway attacks
  8. Cartoon jihad circa 2007 and 2008
  9. The attempt to fashion bombs to blow up aircraft over the Atlantic during July 2006
  10. The Charlie Hebdo attack
  11. The Benghazi attack
  12. The attack on the Paris kosher supermarket
  13. The attack on the concert hall and soccer stadium in Paris in 2015;
  14. The attacks in Brussels;
  15. San Bernardino; and
  16. The Egyptair attack a few weeks ago.

In Israel, knifings, random attacks through terror tunnels, bus bombings, Hamas missile attacks, pizza parlor attacks and the like. I concede that none of these are likely to destroy Israel as a state. But they take lives senselessly and needlessly. They injure Israel's economy. And most important no organized society would tolerate them. Even Loveshiscountry as an American would never tolerate those kinds of attacks becoming routine within Canada.

Quote:
So which country in the Middle East was trying to take over? Was it Iraq or Egypt or Iran? Tell me which one has the capability to take over the Middle East?
I don't know what you're talking about. Please explain in English.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Re that stupid No Jews story--I can't believe someone actually posted that after all these years. All you have to do is look at some of the last names of the dead. Or have been paying the slightest bit of attention in 2001.

The head of the Port Authority, which owned the buildings, died. Neil Levin. Sound Irish or Italian to you? Gary Lutnick, the partner at Cantor Fitz Gerald, the firm at the top of T1 that lost hundreds. Sounds like maybe a Chinese name?

A couple of hundred Jews died at the WTC. Stupidity is a choice.
One of the attorneys for our firm lost a brother there. Trust me, he was Jewish. As was my stepmother-in-law's niece.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Yet you don't recognize the rights of the individuals in other countries. "Those people" don't count right?

Quote:
Just because the attacks are stateless doesn't make them non-attacks. It is patently obvious what the transaction is here. The Arab states fought four conventional wars against Israel, a Western country. Most of the world grudgingly acknowledged Israel's right to defend themselves against another state actor. Even there there was a double-standard; the wars was started by others and Israel was expected to return territories lost in those wars without giving Egypt-like peace guarantees.
The Arabs wised up and understood they could never beat a Western country in a conventional land war So they turned to asymetrical war. Examples abound in the rest of the West besides Israel (and I am leaving out Khobar Towers and the USS Cole, arguably military targets, though non-belligerent):
  5. September 11
  9. The attempt to fashion bombs to blow up aircraft over the Atlantic during July 2006
  11. The Benghazi attack
  15. San Bernardino; and

In Israel, knifings, random attacks through terror tunnels, bus bombings, Hamas missile attacks, pizza parlor attacks and the like. I concede that none of these are likely to destroy Israel as a state. But they take lives senselessly and needlessly. They injure Israel's economy. And most important no organized society would tolerate them. Even Loveshiscountry as an American would never tolerate those kinds of attacks becoming routine within Canada.
Again which one of our states borders did they attack? Read up on the reasons to go to war. The founders knew. Don't sacrifice the lives of Americans over something that has absolutely nothing to do with protecting our borders. When we occupy and invade people get mad.
God Bless America, God D@%n our government.

Quote:
In response to who is going to take over the Middle East.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yet you don't recognize the rights of the individuals in other countries. "Those people" don't count right?
I never said that. They are the ones who mounted unprovoked attacks. Even if the attacks are not under state flags we are not about to be helpless.

Quote:
Quote:
  5. September 11
  11. The Benghazi attack
  15. San Bernardino; and
Again which one of our states borders did they attack? Read up on the reasons to go to war. The founders knew. Don't sacrifice the lives of Americans over something that has absolutely nothing to do with protecting our borders. When we occupy and invade people get mad.
God Bless America, God D@%n our government.
I repeat, since you don't seem to understand my post, or pretend not to. These people realize that attacking under a state flag is a suicide run so they use asymetrical warfare. Again we should not be helpless.
Quote:
Quote:
In response to who is going to take over the Middle East.
Who do you think should protect non-Muslim interests in the Middle East?

Old 05-31-2016, 01:24 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I was only five years old on 9/11 and I would hope such an easily preventable tragedy would never happen again.
Easily preventable? Acts of Karma cannot be prevented!

Old 06-28-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Easily preventable? Acts of Karma cannot be prevented!
Real retaliation after the Khobar Towers, Kenyan and Tanzanian Embassy, or U.S.S. Cole attacks may have cooled their ardor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies