Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 03:32 PM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I've never shot an AR-15 but I enjoy an afternoon at the range and have fired a good assortment of guns. The most unpleasant shooting experience I've ever had was shooting .357 magnums in a small frame snubbie revolver. Like a stick of dynamite going off in my hand. Never again.
It was some years ago, was at the range...and you know how it goes there sometimes...if you aren't surrounded by pinheads. So one guy had a Desert Eagle .50 cal, and he allowed to me give it a try.

I have shot guns since I was 6 years old. I've never met a gun I didn't want to shoot. I also feel that I need to add that I'm not a guy, as so many on here seem to assume...and it might have made a difference when I shot that thing.

Anyway, I held my wrists tight, as instructed, I got as firm a grip as I could, as instructed, and I shot one round.

That fricken thing recoiled so damn hard, my arms flew straight up. I put that gun down, stepped back, nodded my head in respect, and stated that I will not shoot one again. Hell no. If Mr. Pansy Pants wants recoil to cry about, he can shoot one of those and report on it....THEN I would believe him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 04:02 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The surprising thing is that we haven't seen one of these nutjobs show up with this kind of rapid-reload shotgun or high powered hunting rifle. I'm guessing Sandy Hook may have popularized the AR-15 among the crazies. Years ago, it was the semi-auto AK-47 that was all the rage with folks going postal. If Omar Mateen knew guns better, he'd have walked into the club with something a lot more lethal.
Nobody died at Sandy Hook.

Here's the drill, complete with LE laughing, peeling bananas, and plopping colorful snacks on the hood of the cruiser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3DO_674-Qo

@1:33:00 somebody walks up to the buffet with a big grin on his face.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:02 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Remember the "Pajama Boy" pusscake from the ObamaCare ads?

It seems he has an older brother whose testosterone level is in the severe negatives. What a pansy:

"It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon......"

".......But mostly, I was just terrified....."

And get this

".......The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable....."

Take a Midol, have a glass of wine and a hot bubble bath, sweetheart.

The rest of his hilarious BS here:

Firing an AR-15 is horrifying, menacing and very very loud - NY Daily News
What! What a moron and a wimp, firing an AR-15 at the range was a lot of fun! And no bruised shoulder, can hardly feel the recoil he should try firing a 7.92mm cartridge from a Mauser 98k to know what recoil is, be and even then you don't break your shoulder on that cartridge

Old 06-17-2016, 04:05 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Semi-auto rifle grabbing is a priority with the globalist authoritarians because shotguns don't have range. That's why they're being played up.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:10 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Semi-auto rifle grabbing is a priority with the globalist authoritarians because shotguns don't have range. That's why they're being played up.
They aren't going to like to see the new sabot slugs. They have great range.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:12 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Maybe he fired the AR-10 by mistake. After all, they all look alike.

Me, the WHOMP! of the -10 is better than sex!
Impossible !!

Old 06-17-2016, 04:31 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They aren't going to like to see the new sabot slugs. They have great range.
There are grenade rounds for shotguns that are accurate to 175 meters. That's pretty terrifying. Without a doubt, a shotgun with specialized rounds would be the weapon of choice me if I was f-ing nuts and wanted to do something like the Orlando shooting. I'd have killed a lot more than 50 people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNPGvPa9NeQ

Banning the AR-15 isn't going to help anybody. At best, it'll just force shooters to use something else which will almost certainly lead them to more lethal options like rapid-reload shotguns and the like.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What! What a moron and a wimp, firing an AR-15 at the range was a lot of fun! And no bruised shoulder, can hardly feel the recoil he should try firing a 7.92mm cartridge from a Mauser 98k to know what recoil is, be and even then you don't break your shoulder on that cartridge
Yeah, sounded like BS to me too. If this guy has ever shot a 30-06 or a 12 gauge shotgun, he knows that the AR-15 is a lightweight.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It was some years ago, was at the range...and you know how it goes there sometimes...if you aren't surrounded by pinheads. So one guy had a Desert Eagle .50 cal, and he allowed to me give it a try.

I have shot guns since I was 6 years old. I've never met a gun I didn't want to shoot. I also feel that I need to add that I'm not a guy, as so many on here seem to assume...and it might have made a difference when I shot that thing.

Anyway, I held my wrists tight, as instructed, I got as firm a grip as I could, as instructed, and I shot one round.

That fricken thing recoiled so damn hard, my arms flew straight up. I put that gun down, stepped back, nodded my head in respect, and stated that I will not shoot one again. Hell no. If Mr. Pansy Pants wants recoil to cry about, he can shoot one of those and report on it....THEN I would believe him.
I'm told that the S&W 500 kicks worse. Makes sense actually. It's a .50 cal magnum revolver, so more powder than the Desert Eagle .50 and zero recoil dampening. I've never seen any point in trying to shoot one of those. Just a pointlessly overpowered gun with insanely expensive ammo IMHO.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm told that the S&W 500 kicks worse. Makes sense actually. It's a .50 cal magnum revolver, so more powder than the Desert Eagle .50 and zero recoil dampening. I've never seen any point in trying to shoot one of those. Just a pointlessly overpowered gun with insanely expensive ammo IMHO.
i thought about buying a desert eagle once, then i visited the plant in wyoming where they made them, and was cured of that idea. at the time they had just the revolver, though they were building a prototype autoloader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies