Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 08:34 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times

Advertisements

Who works with these jellyfish like Kuntzman and Lupica and Nocera? Some people will do anything for a paycheck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 08:44 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
"The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."

I think that this person needs to see a professional.
I'v been in 4 wars with the military version of this rifle, fired thousands of rounds, and yet i'm alive without any PTSD. What's going on with those people?
I just want to know where the "sulfur" smell came from.

Sulfur?

Really! That's....is there a disorder for when you smell things that aren't there?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:17 PM

20,324 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Sulfur?

Really! That's....is there a disorder for when you smell things that aren't there?
Progressivism?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Sulfur?

even today sulfur is a component of gunpowder.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:54 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Remember the "Pajama Boy" pusscake from the ObamaCare ads?

It seems he has an older brother whose testosterone level is in the severe negatives. What a pansy:

"It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon......"

".......But mostly, I was just terrified....."

And get this

".......The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable....."

Take a Midol, have a glass of wine and a hot bubble bath, sweetheart.

The rest of his hilarious BS here:

Firing an AR-15 is horrifying, menacing and very very loud - NY Daily News

bruised their shoulder? what will they do when they have to fire a real firearm? the AR-15 is a quiet firearm compared to many firearms I have shot in my life. the only way i would get PTSD from firing a AR-15 is because I ran out of ammo and there is no more ammo to shoot.

now that would cause PTSD is plenty of shooters that I know.

I think that the federal government needs to fix this problem and start giving government ammunition out to the citizens of the USA free of charge. after all, it is their taxes that have paid for it.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:02 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
bruised their shoulder? what will they do when they have to fire a real firearm? the AR-15 is a quiet firearm compared to many firearms I have shot in my life. the only way i would get PTSD from firing a AR-15 is because I ran out of ammo and there is no more ammo to shoot.

now that would cause PTSD is plenty of shooters that I know.

I think that the federal government needs to fix this problem and start giving government ammunition out to the citizens of the USA free of charge. after all, it is their taxes that have paid for it.
Only if it was a private contractor that made it.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
even today sulfur is a component of gunpowder.
Sulfur is a component of black powder used in muzzle loaders, etc. However, modern ammo uses SMOKELESS powder! And has for many decades! It's nothing like black powder and uses nitrocellulose as the base - not sulfur!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:09 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Sulfur is a component of black powder used in muzzle loaders, etc. However, modern ammo uses SMOKELESS powder! And has for many decades! It's nothing like black powder and uses nitrocellulose as the base - not sulfur!
try again my friend;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokeless_powder

Quote:
Smokeless propellant components

The propellant formulations may contain various energetic and auxiliary components:
if you read the list you will find a substance called potassium sulfate, aka a mixture of potassium and SULFUR.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:46 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,023,962 times
Utterly ridiculous. Recoil from an AR bruised your arm? Better get to the hospital, because apparently you're made of paper mache.

I had never fired any firearm before I went to basic training. One of the most underwhelming experiences was the first time live firing an M16 on semi-automatic. Automatic fire wasn't much more impressive.

First time on the M60 machine gun range? That was more sobering. It was loud, it kicked, and felt like an instrument of destruction in your hands.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:13 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
try again my friend;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokeless_powder

if you read the list you will find a substance called potassium sulfate, aka a mixture of potassium and SULFUR.
Technically it's a compound, not a mixture. Much like Sodium and Chlorine exist as a compound, one commonly known as salt. Its reaction and appearance, not to mention taste, is nothing like the core elements. I am unaware of any smokeless powders that have a noticeable sulfur smell when burned. Black powder, yes, it's quite obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies