Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Everyone seems to be so macho here with guns lol. I don't care if you have guns or not. But what would you do in a situation where your life may be threatened and you don't have your gun..just curious
Follow this great advise from Brevard Country, Florida Sheriff Wayne Ivey on strategy for staying alive until law enforcement arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATKBjsuyp0&sns=em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:54 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Follow this great advise from Brevard Country, Florida Sheriff Wayne Ivey on strategy for staying alive until law enforcement arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATKBjsuyp0&sns=em

you do understand that police are not even required to show up and help any individual citizen, and they cannot be sued for it.

it does not mean that they wont show up, just that they do not have to.

why would anyone wait for cops to show up for a crime upon their person, when just showing a firearm can stop the crime from happening.

when seconds count, the cops are minutes or even hours away.

btw, good video.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 06-17-2016 at 11:04 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 11:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Everyone seems to be so macho here with guns lol. I don't care if you have guns or not. But what would you do in a situation where your life may be threatened and you don't have your gun..just curious
use what ever is at hand to take out the threat. pencil, knife, brick, tire iron, or even just hitting the person in the right place. i am too old and too out of shape to run, so like a wounded and cornered animal, i will turn and fight with everything i got.

as was once said, bravery isnt the absence of fear, but rather the will to overcome fear.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:16 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
.........bruised their shoulder? what will they do when they have to fire a real firearm?...........
Run to their safe space, put on their jammies and pull the covers over their head.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Goinback2011;........ and live in the ''diverse'' parts of cities or in neighborhoods next to the Hoods. Think about it.
Are you kidding?

I live in NJ and in our 'hoods those guys get the real stuff without jumping through the hoops that we law abiding citizens do.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:27 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Resort to alternate measures such as hand to hand, taught civilian response to a workplace shooter (it's a class), utilize BRIAR PATCH (look it up on CD, I've described it before), etc..

Quote:
I know you are a proud dad as you should be . I'm glad you're teaching them self defense though. Honestly, that is more important, in my opinion. You can't carry a gun everywhere.
My Dad taught me infantry squad tactics.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I've never shot an AR-15 but I enjoy an afternoon at the range and have fired a good assortment of guns. The most unpleasant shooting experience I've ever had was shooting .357 magnums in a small frame snubbie revolver. Like a stick of dynamite going off in my hand. Never again.
LOL, I remember shooting a .454 Casul (sp?) out of a snub-nosed and I'm like "what's the point?"

Old 06-18-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
"Macho?" What about the more modern thinking, empowered women who have posted here in a positive light?

Is there an equally complimentary, feminine term for them?

Anyway, to answer your question "what would you do in a situation where your life may be threatened and you don't have your gun?",

To me the only choices are to run, fight or get murdered. And at 62 I'm not going to run to far or too fast.

What would you do, Natalie469?

Old 06-18-2016, 06:12 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Are you kidding?

I live in NJ and in our 'hoods those guys get the real stuff without jumping through the hoops that we law abiding citizens do.
Have you read the new Almeida case pleading yet? Basically says "After this court decided that Mr. Almeida didn't deserve to get a firearm for self defense the following has happened," followed by a page of instances of threats and assaults including shots being fired at one of his homes.

Quote:
Here in NY you don't get into those situations. Our criminals, according to our police department and courts, give adequate notice before being raped, robbed, assaulted, or murdered.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:47 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
LOL, I remember shooting a .454 Casul (sp?) out of a snub-nosed and I'm like "what's the point?"
Ouch. Can't even imagine that. And now with scandium and titanium metals they have gotten the weight on some S&W J frame snubs down to about 11 oz. or so. I think my cell phone weighs more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies