Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 09:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritsCode View Post
We are talking about peope who use the race card as the cause for so many things. Racial biases isn't the issue in every situation. Racial discrimination isn't the issue in every situation. Most do look at race differently. There are those they want to pull the race card for too many situation when it's not even the issue. Too many people live in the past. The disdain goes both ways.
That's a nice luxury for you, as a white man, to live with. We should all be colorblind, race doesn't exist. Sorry I hate to be the bearer of bad news, white man, but race DOES exist, NOBODY is colorblind, EVERYBODY prejudges somebody based on their external appearance, including race. Don't tell us minorities, white man, that it's just in our heads and we complain too much. Sick of white men telling us that we should just live with it and take it up the rear.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
The problem of cop vs citizen is the same when there was no cell phone videos vs now.
The behavior, training, cops' mentality of they are over the law hasn't changed.

Even with videos, the result is same except few days/weeks of public anger.
Before the videos, cops made stories and case closed, they go back to doing the same thing.
After the videos, there are case against the cops, most dropped, some go to court, acquitted, they go back to doing the same thing.
End result is still the same so videos don't change much.
What needs to change is on the cops' side.
They need to value citizen's life more than just being a scared chicken all the time.
They don't want to take any risk once they imagine things from their side.
They know system is on their side so don't hesitate at all to use excessive and deadly force.

This incident is bad in so many ways.
It was broad daylight.
Car was occupied with female and child.
The guy talked to cop about his CC license.
The guy was not the driver, but a passenger.
Still he ended dead.
The cop not only shot once but he made sure the guy is dead as if he was shooting an active shooter. Thankfully, none went through and hit the child.
Horrible!
What a pig!

If some regular guy tries to shoot your family member, you can shoot and kill that shooter.
Hope someone does the same with bad cops sometimes when they simply come and kill your loved ones.
The guy was the driver. The woman was the passenger. Her phone camera was mirror-imaging while live-streaming, which is why the steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side of the car.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM

596 posts, read 429,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's a nice luxury for you, as a white man, to live with. We should all be colorblind, race doesn't exist. Sorry I hate to be the bearer of bad news, white man, but race DOES exist, NOBODY is colorblind, EVERYBODY prejudges somebody based on their external appearance, including race. Don't tell us minorities, white man, that it's just in our heads and we complain too much.

You complain too much.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times
Quote:
It's always the same. White guy goes on a shooting rampage, he's just a good kid gone wrong. Black guy goes on a shooting rampage, who the **** cares? Fry the ******
Some people are just culturally not informed. They rely heavily on news to form there opinions of others. Instead of maybe trying to become apart of that community to see what's really going on. Every race of people is guilty of this. This is why there are so many stereotypes and racial biases and discrimination going on. The media is really to blame for people's views also

Old 07-07-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
You complain too much.
This post is a TOS violation btw, thought you should know

Old 07-07-2016, 09:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just read about this and saw the video as well. It's absolutely heart-breaking! That poor woman, and the child saw it all! A big wtf at cop, after he shot the man, continuing to point the gun at him as he bleeds out. Help the man for God's sake! Kudos to her for having the foresight to live stream this.
What bothers me about these cop-killings is that fact that they never offer any first aid. They just go through the pockets of the dying guys, or stand there and point their guns. Some of these guys would be alive if someone had administered first aid.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
The public secretly raised 4 million dollars for him to pay for his legal fees that should tell you about some Americans in this country. Some racist move silently or threw the Internet

How can "the public" do something "secretly"?

Perhaps you meant "some dudes secretly raised $4M" for his defense?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Some people are just culturally not informed. They rely heavily on news to form there opinions of others. Instead of maybe trying to become apart of that community to see what's really going on. Every race of people is guilty of this. This is why there are so many stereotypes and racial biases and discrimination going on. The media is really to blame for people's views also
I'll admit I have racial prejudices against other races like everyone does, it's how we are all conditioned in the West. But the difference is acknowledging and trying to do something about those prejudices or just remaining ignorant either willfully or not willfully. The facts are non-whites in the US are routinely harassed by white American society, and it gets worse the less Caucasian you look, with blacks taking the worst of it all. But nah, it's all in or heads, we just complain too much. Race doesn't exist. I'm not black, but I'm not 100% white, and I've gotten discriminated against because I'm mixed. When you never experience it yourself, you think it doesn't exist.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:50 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
The public secretly raised 4 million dollars for him to pay for his legal fees that should tell you about some Americans in this country. Some racist move silently or threw the Internet
I ran a fact check search on this claim and it turns out to be false.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:52 AM

299 posts, read 187,380 times
Quote:
That's a nice luxury for you, as a white man, to live with. We should all be colorblind, race doesn't exist. Sorry I hate to be the bearer of bad news, white man, but race DOES exist, NOBODY is colorblind, EVERYBODY prejudges somebody based on their external appearance, including race. Don't tell us minorities, white man, that it's just in our heads and we complain too much. Sick of white men telling us that we should just live with it and take it up the rear.
My opinion stands. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, i'm not white. Race is not the issue in every situation. I said not every situation is race related. Got it? I know you won't like this but way too many people have it in their head when every situation happens it's because he was a minority or that white guy must be racist. People like you make me laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies