Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 01:52 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
This ^^^ This ^^^ Is exactly what I'm talking about! The mindset that will lead to more people dying. Watch the bodies pile up, and watch the terrorism increase. Go Liberals Go Hillary 2016
More more! You should be a novelist, or in drama club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 01:55 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,376 times
The fact that this happened when France is in state of emergency just tells how bad is the plan to avoid terrorism.
Imagine what would happen when state of emergency ends.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:58 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Always a predictable, but nevertheless dismal surety that a gaggle of apologists will show up deflecting for Islam. It never fails.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:59 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
I have not seen a single report of speeds even close to 100 MPH. Link?
It would be hard to get an 18 ton truck up to that speed.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Just a thought as I watch the horror on TV...hasn't this been happening in Israel for decades? Didn't world leaders call the Israeli government "too aggressive" for retaliating when innocent civilians were killed by missile fire or suicide bombers? Wasn't this mentioned during the Democratic debates when Bernie Sanders expressed a strong anti-Israel sentiments? I mean, I've been hearing about peace talks in the ME since I was old enough to read. The problem is, you cannot make peace with people who want to wipe you off the face of the Earth.

However, I still believe we are talking about radicals, extremists who falsely use religion to justify their hate. The Muslims I've met throughout the years are peaceful Americans who follow the laws of our nation.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:07 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

However, I still believe we are talking about radicals, extremists who falsely use religion to justify their hate. The Muslims I've met throughout the years are peaceful Americans who follow the laws of our nation.
Problem is there such a huge number of Radicals and Extremist beyond the norm of any group and they've taken control in many areas.
They have hundreds of thousands and have built several Armies of Extremist. Once you get to these numbers, you're no longer the exception but the norm.

Much like the really nice Germans back in the 1930-40's

Old 07-15-2016, 02:09 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Just a thought as I watch the horror on TV...hasn't this been happening in Israel for decades? Didn't world leaders call the Israeli government "too aggressive" for retaliating when innocent civilians were killed by missile fire or suicide bombers? Wasn't this mentioned during the Democratic debates when Bernie Sanders expressed a strong anti-Israel sentiments? I mean, I've been hearing about peace talks in the ME since I was old enough to read. The problem is, you cannot make peace with people who want to wipe you off the face of the Earth.
Yes it is a everyday occurrence for attacks similiar to this.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:12 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,558,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well that didn't take long, only 10 posts in and it's Obama's fault there was a bombing in Nice.

Every terror attack is Obama's fault, you hate Obama worse than those responsible for the attack, it's not rational.
Well let's not forget, everything used to be Bush's fault.
And it was Clinton's fault for not getting Osama because he was too busy playing cigar-shop with the intern pool.
And it was Bush Sr.'s fault for being too weak and not going all the way to Baghdad.
And it was Reagan's fault for being clueless and trading arms with Iran.
And it was Carter's fault for (insert whatever you want here) for Iran.
And it was.....

It's just human nature to blame the boss for everything that is wrong.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:24 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
We are all in this country due prior immigration policies or lack thereof. Some had no intention or desire to immigrate and were brought here against their will as slave trade.

Millions have been murdered in the US over the years and it had nothing to do with Islam. I am more likely to be a victim of a non- Islamic whack job than a Muslim. I am more likely to be killed in a car accident than I am by a mass shooter.

I choose to not use a broad brush to paint 25% of the world's population.
This is complete relativism ("immigration is immigration is immigration").
Also, who said this discussion was just about YOU?? Sure, I hope you never get murdered. But it's what the Islamists are doing to SOCIETY that we are discussing. My children have to live in a particular world. They don't have to live with YOU.

You even brought slavery into it. That was a neat trick. But kind of pathetic.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:27 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
‘He drank alcohol, ate porkâ€Â¦ and took drugs. He was NOT a Muslim’: Truck terrorist Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel’s cousin reveals he is an ‘unlikely jihadist’ who beat his wife and NEVER went to mosqueÂ* | Daily Mail Online

Just like the Orlando jihadist was not a true muslim. Even though ISIS came out and took credit for both attacks. Why does the media want to go out of their way every time this happens to to tell us it wan't about religion?
You don't know much about Islam.
Martyrdom for jihad excuses a myriad of past sins, for example. Did you know that??
"He beat his wife". Well, Islam is misogynistic. Did you know that??
When the last words out of your mouth are "Allahu Akbar", you are very, very likely a Muslim. Of one kind or another.

The amazing thing is that if attacks of this magnitude started happening every single day in the West, many leftists would not rethink their stance one iota. They are "locked in". Real world events can have no bearing on their ideological mantras and delusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies