Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 11:53 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon011 View Post
Then you just proved my point there is a difference between a real replica and a toy gun.
No, it was just a toy. Incapable of firing bullets, so we made powpow sounds played cops and robbers as 8-year-olds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 11:57 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
No, it was just a toy. Incapable of firing bullets, so we made powpow sounds played cops and robbers as 8-year-olds.
It was toy to you. Your definition of them isn't the same as a lot of governments and some states see them. This is a replica not a toy.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
It was toy to you. Your definition of them isn't the same as a lot of governments and some states see them. This is a replica not a toy.
If it doesn't chamber and fire live ammunition, then it's a toy, a prop. Pull the trigger and say pow.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
If it doesn't chamber and fire live ammunition, then it's a toy, a prop. Pull the trigger and say pow.
It's a toy to you. You can say it's a toy all day long, it won't change how a lot of governments and some states see them. That is a fact you can't change. I know this is difficult for you to understand.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
If you want to consider fake guns and fake grenades to be guns and explosives, fine. But that's not the way most people would see it.
I'm not sure I'm following you, although I read all the comments. If you walk into a bank and use a flashlight in your jacket pocket to rob it, it's still Armed Robbery. If the teller has a heart attack after you point a "fake" or "toy" gun at him, you are still responsible for his death.

Since this thread is about the attack in Nice, I cannot comment on the laws of that country. However, I'm pretty sure I'm correct about the laws in most states. A dangerous weapon doesn’t necessarily mean a loaded gun. It could be an unloaded gun, a replica or even a baseball bat. It's whatever might scare a reasonable person into believing his or her life is being threatened. I am a crime victim, and the man who assaulted me threatened to kill me if I did not cooperate. He later said he was "kidding" but that really doesn't matter, does it?

Old 07-16-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm not sure I'm following you, although I read all the comments. If you walk into a bank and use a flashlight in your jacket pocket to rob it, it's still Armed Robbery. If the teller has a heart attack after you point a "fake" or "toy" gun at him, you are still responsible for his death.

Since this thread is about the attack in Nice, I cannot comment on the laws of that country. However, I'm pretty sure I'm correct about the laws in most states. A dangerous weapon doesn’t necessarily mean a loaded gun. It could be an unloaded gun, a replica or even a baseball bat. It's whatever might scare a reasonable person into believing his or her life is being threatened.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Some states have even have laws on them. I even heard cases of people shot by the police over a replica. An ATF agent once told me some replica are just deactivated guns missing a firing pin.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If you walk into a bank and use a flashlight in your jacket pocket to rob it, it's still Armed Robbery.
Absolutely. But that doesn't mean that the robber had a gun in his pocket and having fake guns and a grenade doesn't mean that the Nice maniac had guns and explosives in his truck.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
An ATF agent once told me some replica are just deactivated guns missing a firing pin.
Replicas are typically unable to chamber or fire live ammunition.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
This is why I kept saying real replicas and not toy guns. The ATF will classifiy some guns as replicas if you remove the firing pin and stuff the barrel.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
WHO FLIPPING CARES!
A fake gun will get you just as dead as a real one and it would be considered your own fault.
Sheesh.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies