Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 07:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
The fact that this happened when France is in state of emergency just tells how bad is the plan to avoid terrorism.
Imagine what would happen when state of emergency ends.
The whack job told LE he was delivering ice cream and was allowed to park his truck and wait for the crowds.

It was a failure to imagine, no different than flying planes into buildings or that someone would open fire in a school, theatre or church or club and expect to die while doing so.

In hindsight......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Always a predictable, but nevertheless dismal surety that a gaggle of apologists will show up deflecting for Islam. It never fails.
Always predictable, but nonetheless dismal, that a gaggle will show up to blame 25% of the world's population for the actions of a minority who commit atrocious acts of terror.

Guess the US should deport Dr Oz.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It would be hard to get an 18 ton truck up to that speed.
Good point.

Yet that is what witnesses perceived.

No different than how some perceived the truck was filled with guns and explosives and that they heard the killer praising Allah over the screams of thousands of people and gun fire.

Media has a tendency to report the perceptions of anonymous witnesses, as sensational facts.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:49 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Good point.

Yet that is what witnesses perceived.
So now it's witnesses who said it? I didn't see any witnesses make such a claim (truck traveled in excess of 100MPH) neither. You implied it was a fact.

Quote:
No different than how some perceived the truck was filled with guns and explosives and that they heard the killer praising Allah over the screams of thousands of people and gun fire.
Except guns and explosives were found in the cab of the truck. French officials have confirmed this multiple times. The fact you think it's false is funny.

It was multiple witnesses including police who heard him praise Allah before the shooting with police at the end.

Last edited by Devon011; 07-16-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 07-16-2016, 07:52 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
His horn and brakes were disabled.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
This is complete relativism ("immigration is immigration is immigration").
Also, who said this discussion was just about YOU?? Sure, I hope you never get murdered. But it's what the Islamists are doing to SOCIETY that we are discussing. My children have to live in a particular world. They don't have to live with YOU.

You even brought slavery into it. That was a neat trick. But kind of pathetic.

No shortage of people in the US who, throughout history, have blamed subsequent waves of immigrants for their woes.

What are " Islamics"?

BTW, the first mosque in the US was built in 1929, in North Dakota, by Syrian immigrants.

I strongly favor putting resettlement of all refugees from anywhere on the back burner until such time that we address the 30+ year old challenge of illegal immigration.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Always predictable, but nonetheless dismal, that a gaggle will show up to blame 25% of the world's population for the actions of a minority who commit atrocious acts of terror.

Guess the US should deport Dr Oz.
Except that 25% that you are so worried about tend to hide at worst or ignore at best the terrorists living among them.
I point you to the fact that one of the perpetrators of the last terror attack in France went back to his neighborhood and hid there while the nation's police force was looking for him.
Did his MUSLIM neighbors say anything?
NO THEY DID NOT according to police reports.

This same kind of thing has happened over and over again. I say to you if they were "good Muslims" they'd drag his sorry arse out of hiding and turn him over to the police. If they were "good Muslims" they'd root out any collaborators and either take care of 'em themselves or TURN THEM IN.
If they were "good Muslims" the minute an Imam started spewing radical B.S. they'd either run him off, beat him senseless or turn him in.

But they don't (as of yet).
Why is that? Because there's no consequences for them due to the apologists among US and/or they ARE being "good Muslims" by following the Koran.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Except that 25% that you are so worried about tend to hide at worst or ignore at best the terrorists living among them.
I point you to the fact that one of the perpetrators of the last terror attack in France went back to his neighborhood and hid there while the nation's police force was looking for him.
Did his MUSLIM neighbors say anything?
NO THEY DID NOT according to police reports.

This same kind of thing has happened over and over again. I say to you if they were "good Muslims" they'd drag his sorry arse out of hiding and turn him over to the police. If they were "good Muslims" they'd root out any collaborators and either take care of 'em themselves or TURN THEM IN.
If they were "good Muslims" the minute an Imam started spewing radical B.S. they'd either run him off, beat him senseless or turn him in.

But they don't (as of yet).
Why is that? Because there're no consequences for them due to the apologists among US and/or they ARE being "good Muslims" by following the Koran.
This is going to be the sad fact of these communities. I agree with you. I don't think they wouldn't rather turn them in but they are used to having no power to go against radicals.
I watch touching stories of refugees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZjGP0c6KE
I'm sure anyone who watched this would feel sympathy for refugees. How very hard it is to change overnight. I think because it's so hard, they get exhausted. They start to slow assimilation due to exhaustion and sentiment. They start to group into neighborhoods to feel at home. When a radical group pops up they probably feel as helpless about it as they did in the place they ran from. They are used to hiding and running. Some of these refugees have run from country to country. They are not used to fighting or having any rights to stand up for.

I have to say in their position I would probably do the same. I would just be quiet and hope it went away in fear of losing my new home, my life. As an American, I fight, and would always fight for freedom from suppression but they are not used to doing that. They must suffer from terrible trauma like soldiers do.

So, not any real fault of all refugees. It's just those areas are ripe for radicals. Radicals have followed them and now prey on them. Those groups of people are already broken down. It's very sad on all ends. We can't allow them to hide killers, but for those refugees that are good people like this family in the video, we need for them to understand that protecting our country or (their new country) is also their only hope of living a life free from fear. It will take a lot. They are already used to being afraid and not standing up. They run. They act out. They do what they are use to doing.

Just a sad situation all the way around. We cannot allow terrorist to seep into our cracks like roaches. We just can't. It's not good for anybody, including refugees and immigrants who are peaceful. They will have to join this fight or they will lose everything again.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:49 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon011 View Post
Except guns and explosives were found in the cab of the truck. French officials have confirmed this multiple times.
Those reports have proven to be false. The truck held a bicycle, eight empty pallets, two fake assault rifles, a fake grenade and a single, real, pistol.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:04 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Those reports have proven to be false. The truck held a bicycle, eight empty pallets, two fake assault rifles, a fake grenade and a single, real, pistol.
The bicycle and pallets were in the back of the truck. I clearly said cab of truck. No one said all of them were real. Guns (a replica is just a type of gun) and a grenade were found in the cab of the truck.

Quote:
a handgun and some ammunition in the truck's cab, as well as a replica handgun, two replica assault rifles, a cell phone and various documents, Molins said. In the trailer was the bicycle and some empty pallets.
So no it was not proven false.

Last edited by Devon011; 07-16-2016 at 10:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies