Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 12:49 PM

73,029 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

A few things about Milwaukee and its Black population.

Most of Milwaukee's Black population started going there after World War II, mainly for the jobs.
Alot of jobs started drying up in the 70s and 80s, with Blacks being hit especially hard.
Wisconsin has the highest Black imprisonment rate in the nation. Vast majority of the prisoners are from Milwaukee.
7 out of 10 Blacks in Wisconsin live in Milwaukee.
Blacks make up 6% of Wisconsin's population, but make up 40% of Milwaukee's population.
Milwaukee has one of the poorest Black population's in the nation, of those in major cities. Detroit,Pittsburgh, Miami, and Omaha rank up there too.
Milwaukee has one of the highest Black unemployment rates in the nation.
Wisconsin ranks in the top 10 for Black murder rates.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:50 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Another opportunity to appreciate the black narrative. Obama has been notified. That should help...I feel better already.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Louisiana is a red state and lawlessness abounds in that state all the time.
Missouri is a red state. Ferguson riots.

Seattle had riots in 2001, in the nicer parts of that city. That state keeps being blue.

The riot occurred in the Far North Side of Milwaukee. That is pretty much one of the worst parts of Milwaukee. Most people who are likely to vote Republican don't live there. Most likely, they would be living in the suburbs are points beyond. Those who are sick of the lawlessness are either trying to get out, or have gotten out.

I don't blame "liberals" for this because there are other cities in the USA more liberal than Milwaukee that don't struggle from that level of lawlessness. Last I checked, Madison is really liberal and has a lower crime rate than Milwaukee. Columbus,OH isn't in horrible shape either. I notice you're from Austin. Austin is the most liberal city in Texas. It happens to have a low crime crime rate and a low unemployment rate.
Both Madison and Columbus are not only capitals, but Big 10 university towns. Both have a completely different demographic than other cities.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
I hope they burn down the entire city.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Because we're armed and don't suffer fools here. Austin is *not* a soft target city.
But even barely armed Madison isn't suffering from that kind of lawlessness. Seattle has shaped up since 2001. And people are armed to the teeth in Louisiana. Louisiana leads the nation in murder, and New Orleans is at the epicenter of it. Last I checked, New Orleans isn't soft.

Algiers Point shooting after Hurricane Katrina may never go to trial | NOLA.com

Old 08-14-2016, 12:53 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Both Madison and Columbus are not only capitals, but Big 10 university towns. Both have a completely different demographic than other cities.
Austin is a capital city and home to six different colleges, including the University of Texas. The difference is that despite being a liberal city, we have an armed populace. As I said earlier, cities like Austin have lower crime in part due to that fact. I'm certain that low unemployment favors in heavily as well.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:54 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Louisiana is a red state and lawlessness abounds in that state all the time.
Missouri is a red state. Ferguson riots.

Seattle had riots in 2001, in the nicer parts of that city. That state keeps being blue.

The riot occurred in the Far North Side of Milwaukee. That is pretty much one of the worst parts of Milwaukee. Most people who are likely to vote Republican don't live there. Most likely, they would be living in the suburbs are points beyond. Those who are sick of the lawlessness are either trying to get out, or have gotten out.

I don't blame "liberals" for this because there are other cities in the USA more liberal than Milwaukee that don't struggle from that level of lawlessness. Last I checked, Madison is really liberal and has a lower crime rate than Milwaukee. Columbus,OH isn't in horrible shape either. I notice you're from Austin. Austin is the most liberal city in Texas. It happens to have a low crime crime rate and a low unemployment rate.
People don't blame "liberals", GM. Many blame BLM, their supporters, their acolytes for the violence and murders of police officers.

A primary responsibility of Government is to keep citizens safe. When the Federal Government colludes with criminals against its citizens and police, people rebel. That is the reason for Trump.

As to Austin's low crime, I suggest you look at the demographics in this city. We can legally defend our home and businesses from such violence, destruction, and theft and I'm sure the citizens of Austin, "liberal" or not, would do just that. The second someone attempts to break in to your home you’re allowed to use deadly force. That same standard also applies in your car or where you work.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Milwaukee newspaper just released name and background. It's a doozie...

Man shot by Milwaukee police subject of witness intimidation case

Old 08-14-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I hope they burn down the entire city.
That is a sad way to think. I hope they don't burn it down. The last thing we need is that. This is what is needed in Milwaukee

For the Black population in Milwaukee to be solidly middle class. Speaking as someone who has family from Milwaukee, I know this. Wisconsin is experiencing a Black Brain Drain. Alot of educated Blacks have left Wisconsin, especially those from the Milwaukee area. I should know because some of them have turned up in Atlanta. I've met White people from Wisconsin who spoke of Wisconsin in a nice light. Most were from Appleton, Green Bay, or Madison. A few mentioned the cold winters was the reason they left. I've met Blacks from Wisconsin as well. Pretty much all were from Milwaukee or Racine. The main attitude was "it's okay, but I'd rather be here". I could tell some of them didn't really desire to live in Wisconsin again. It's kind of sad because I never got the impression from my father that Wisconsin was this horrible place. Myself being a Black man with a college education, I would think my education and middle class background might shield me from some issues.

Last I checked, middle class Blacks don't go out and riot. Blacks with high levels of education don't do stuff like this. It's mostly underclass types, the barely educated, the ones with little to lose and don't care. A Milwaukee PD officer mentioned asking some Black gang members where they saw themselves at age 30. The response was laughter. Said persons don't see themselves living past 30. With that kind of outlook on life, what do you do?

Old 08-14-2016, 01:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
But even barely armed Madison isn't suffering from that kind of lawlessness. Seattle has shaped up since 2001. And people are armed to the teeth in Louisiana. Louisiana leads the nation in murder, and New Orleans is at the epicenter of it. Last I checked, New Orleans isn't soft.

Algiers Point shooting after Hurricane Katrina may never go to trial | NOLA.com
New Orleans had high crime before the storm and still hasn't recovered, 11 years later. They may allow gun carry in LA, but New Orleans cops will still shake you down as if the 2nd Amendment didn't even exist. They're well-known for ignoring CHL reciprocity and confiscating guns even from law-abiding holders with no police record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies