Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 04:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
That is the company's decision to make. It should not be forces upon them. If nobody buys their products because nobody can afford them, that's the companys problem.
The only suggestion I have made is to not buy their products and demand they do not get bailed out in any way when things go bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 04:54 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The only suggestion I have made is to not buy their products and demand they do not get bailed out in any way when things go bad.
That is not enough though
They also purchased politicians via legalized bribery so citizens and workers should also attack them at the political level

Old 09-15-2016, 04:55 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,854 times
Quote:
I missed that in this long thread. I agree about no bailouts and consumers choosing not to buy those products.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I missed that in this long thread. I agree about no bailouts and consumers choosing not to buy those products.
What do you propose consumers do about corporations that circumvent consumer choice like Monsanto and their GMO Products that run to politicians to not require they label their products GMO

Or Banks that consumers do not do business with but if they go bankrupt end up punishing non customers from their practices?

Old 09-15-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
That is not enough though
They also purchased politicians via legalized bribery so citizens and workers should also attack them at the political level
Sorry, I did also mention holding politicians accountable.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:49 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
What do you propose consumers do about corporations that circumvent consumer choice like Monsanto and their GMO Products that run to politicians to not require they label their products GMO

Or Banks that consumers do not do business with but if they go bankrupt end up punishing non customers from their practices?
Go buy products that have a non-GMO label. Or go buy from a farmer's market. Or grow your own food. Nobody is forcing anything down my throat.

Please elaborate on the 2nd item.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Another point to consider:

Ford fact checks Trump: We will be here forever - Sep. 15, 2016

Assuming Ford is telling the truth - and, I admit, that is an assumption when dealing with anyone in power (businesses, politicians, etc.) - this move is not costing American jobs. More precisely, they are moving production of the small cars to Mexico, which creates jobs there, while larger cars will be made in the factories here in America.

Now, sure: an argument could be made that any job loss to another nation is bad, and there are valid points there, certainly. Also, this may mean one may not want to buy one of those smaller cars made in Mexico, and I get that, too.

On the other hand, consider a few other facts:

"The company has 85,000 U.S. employees, up 28,000, or nearly 50%, in just the last five years. It has 8,800 employees at Mexican plants, and will add 2,800 jobs there when the new $1.6 billion plant opens there in 2018."

So, while I'd like to have had those jobs stay in America, at least the company is growing and at least claims to not be letting anyone go in America. We'll see what happens, but the reality is a far cry from the knee-jerk insanity Trump was spewing, about how Ford is going to "fire all their American workers and move to Mexico" and how we need to put a huge tax on the company for doing that thing it's not actually doing. I also wonder if huge taxes like that are part of his "plan" to grow the economy 4% per year? Lol... idiocy.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Go buy products that have a non-GMO label. Or go buy from a farmer's market. Or grow your own food. Nobody is forcing anything down my throat.

You will get arrested if you try and share it though.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:

Lets take the financial sector for example
They are a big sector of the economy

If they fail, we do not bail them out, but there is a chain of events that happens that ends up punishing people that did not do business with them.

Hence, The Too Big To Fail

I do not agree with the bail outs but also do not agree with them being allowed to get so big where they damage other people

We should break them up into smaller chunks to promote competition and to lessen their power.
If you do not agree with that, then we should get rid of our representative government all together and let the people with pitch forks deal with it

Government was in the way in letting the Big Banks have their way in the 2008 Crisis

Old 09-15-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
You will get arrested if you try and share it though.
Yep
Just like with Big Pharma
We can illegally buy drugs over the border but their protector in big government will arrest us

Big Business wants all the protections of Big Government via the Military, Managed Trade Agreements with nations where workers have no rights under capitalism, but none of the expenses that go along with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies