Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 09:24 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,334,820 times

Advertisements

Can I just get my old healthcare plan back like I was promised I could keep?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 01:42 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,368,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
He is also trying to bail them out with our tax dollars. basically trying to bribe them into staying.

He really is an imbecile.
And creating a political crisis for the next president.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:40 PM

27,374 posts, read 15,486,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They really need to drop the individual penalty as people's choices continue to dwindle to nothing.
Tax, not penalty, the Supreme Court rewrote the Law as is not their place.

The tax penalizes you.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:34 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,492,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Because it doesnt cover everything. But the vast majority of Americans support it, because they know the alternative is terrible. Remember when there was no Medicare? That sweet air of freedom is not great when you are dying at age 67 because of cancer and you dont have the money to pay for treatment. Insurance companies are designed to make a profit, and they dont make profits on very high risk elderly people. Millions will die if you get rid of Medicare.
Interesting viewpoint. The majority of my family has already passed away from cancer. Although I'm sure there's someone who's 67 and will receive treatment for cancer and actually survive, everyone in my experience trades a sooner death for a longer surgery/chemo/side effects/constant pain--and then die anyway.

I'm certainly not advocating that older people don't get medical care. I'm just pointing out that it's not the magical cure that people still seem to think it is.

I'm in a weekly social group of mostly over 60 women. Health and medical care is a constant topic--and "Medicare won't cover it" is a near-constant lament with "the doctor said I just have to live with it because I'm older" a close second.

Medicare isn't really that great to begin with--although it's better than VA Care, the other magical government medical program. I shudder to think of Medicare-for-all.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:07 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,844,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Tax, not penalty, the Supreme Court rewrote the Law as is not their place.

The tax penalizes you.
It sure does.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:31 PM

17,575 posts, read 9,364,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
17th Obamacare Co-Op Exits Due To "Hazardous Financial Conditions" - Only 6 Left

Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey is folding after the state’s insurance commissioner put the Obamacare co-op in “rehabilitation” due to its hazardous financial condition. The co-op had a liability of $46.3 million under the Affordable Care Act’s risk adjustment program, according to the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance. The closing will force 35,000 customers served by the New Jersey co-op to find a new plan in 2017. The co-op was initially awarded $107.2 million in taxpayer-funded loans in 2012 and received an additional $1.9 million in 2013.

The New Jersey co-op is the 17th Obamacare co-op to collapse, joining other co-ops that have failed including two in Oregon, one each in Illinois, Connecticut, Arizona, Colorado, Kentucky, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana and Utah, as well as a co-op that served both Iowa and Nebraska.

17th Obamacare Co-Op Exits Due To "Hazardous Financial Conditions" - Only 6 Left | Zero Hedge

No matter how much the "wishful thinking" when the math doesn't work, it doesn't work.
Obamacare is the REAL October surprise. It doesn't work, it has cost Trillions and the sticker shock right before the elections will be a major wake up call.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:51 PM

41,002 posts, read 49,453,126 times
Can you imagine the Money spent on this disaster.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:54 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Gruber said he fooled Americans on purpose.

Obama is a fraud.
Yep Gruber (Democrats himself) said Democrats were able to push it through because of the stupidity of the American people

Old 09-18-2016, 09:58 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
These aren't the facts they are looking for...

move along

You do know that was the plan all along right? The government broke it beyond all recognition, so the government could fly in and fix it!

The goal was to give us all just one choice.
If you've noticed, (housing market, college, healthcare, war on poverty, war on drugs) every time the government gets involved in the name of helping the poor they always make it worse, then yep, they swoop in to say they are here to save the day.

Unfortunately people will always buy into it.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:01 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,532,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How much would that cost in additional taxes?
Its not just the increase in cost, its the lack of infrastructure to accommodate this system.
Healthcare debates never end well on forums.
I just say, you get what you voted and paid for, and its only getting costlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies