Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:04 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,474,940 times

Advertisements

The only good thing about Obamacare is that the awful medical system that was in place was reformed for the first time in history. The next president whoever he/she may be, will need to further change and adapt it. There is much to change for the health system to really serve the needs of this country.
BTW, beyond criticizing Hillary, did Trump say anything specofic about his healthcare plan? I only know that America will be great again, but nothing beyond that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,520,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
The only good thing about Obamacare is that the awful medical system that was in place was reformed for the first time in history. The next president whoever he/she may be, will need to further change and adapt it. There is much to change for the health system to really serve the needs of this country.
BTW, beyond criticizing Hillary, did Trump say anything specofic about his healthcare plan? I only know that America will be great again, but nothing beyond that.
I call BS on this. Did you have access to health care? Prior to ACA? Emergency room every turn you away? I think our country is overly spoiled. I think people feel free everything is the answer. Free cost taxpayers, not the other citizens here. And dont even try to compare to overseas health care. Theirs is not what you think it is.
We have had great health care since early 1900's, then government got involved. That was the peoples choice through many decades of elections.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I call BS on this. Did you have access to health care? Prior to ACA? Emergency room every turn you away? I think our country is overly spoiled. I think people feel free everything is the answer. Free cost taxpayers, not the other citizens here. And dont even try to compare to overseas health care. Theirs is not what you think it is.
We have had great health care since early 1900's, then government got involved. That was the peoples choice through many decades of elections.
Sorry about that. Healthcare is not buying a new Mercedes Benz, but a human necessity. The cost of healthcare in this country is unparalleled by any other country on earth (220 plus nations). Fortunes are made out of this system and billionaires are getting richer. Don't give me "here you can go to ER and with that you can go to another emergency". Somone needs to manage and take care of your health beyond responding to emergencies. Prevention is also cheaper in the long run.
No, we are not spoiled and the American system is far from being "the best". Far, far from that. Other countries have better healthcare while spending less money. Yes, with much less. And the first problem is not with how many people get healthcare, but how much it basically costs. Even the insurance companies (who have great bargaining power) pay insane sums to providers, drug companies and hospitals. Isn't it insane that a day at the hospital (without major procedures) costs $5000 ? Isn't it insane that a routine surgery costs 150,000? That medications which millions take daily (including many seniors) costs $3000 for 20 pills? What "being spoiled" has to do with these necessities? How can any salary earning family afford these, (not even mentioning the poor). And that healthcare insurance is tied to employment and you lose it when you are out of work??? How can this be "the best"?

Old 09-18-2016, 11:03 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,793,978 times
Quote:
I was happy with my healthcare insurance and healthcare before Obamacare. Now it is the worst I've ever seen and it cost way more.

Obamacare is an expensive disaster period.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was happy with my healthcare insurance and healthcare before Obamacare. Now it is the worst I've ever seen and it cost way more.

Obamacare is an expensive disaster period.
My monthly premium used to go up about 3-6% a year. Since OCare it has doubled in the last 4 years.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:09 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,793,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My monthly premium used to go up about 3-6% a year. Since OCare it has doubled in the last 4 years.
Yep, my premiums used to be $450 a month but now the monthly premium is just under $800 a month AND my deductible went from $2,500 to $5,000.

It's funny the left thinks I should support it.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:16 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,862,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Gruber said he fooled Americans on purpose.

Obama is a fraud.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:38 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,520,559 times
Quote:
Sorry about that. Healthcare is not buying a new Mercedes Benz, but a human necessity. The cost of healthcare in this country is unparalleled by any other country on earth (220 plus nations). Fortunes are made out of this system and billionaires are getting richer. Don't give me "here you can go to ER and with that you can go to another emergency". Somone needs to manage and take care of your health beyond responding to emergencies. Prevention is also cheaper in the long run.
No, we are not spoiled and the American system is far from being "the best". Far, far from that. Other countries have better healthcare while spending less money. Yes, with much less. And the first problem is not with how many people get healthcare, but how much it basically costs. Even the insurance companies (who have great bargaining power) pay insane sums to providers, drug companies and hospitals. Isn't it insane that a day at the hospital (without major procedures) costs $5000 ? Isn't it insane that a routine surgery costs 150,000? That medications which millions take daily (including many seniors) costs $3000 for 20 pills? What "being spoiled" has to do with these necessities? How can any salary earning family afford these, (not even mentioning the poor). And that healthcare insurance is tied to employment and you lose it when you are out of work??? How can this be "the best"?
We are a country of profit makers. Healthcare is a business to make money. If they truly Cared about you, they would cure diseases, not maintain.
Your vision of whats, whys of healthcare are emotionally driven, when the system is financially driven.

Dont like, move.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
We are a country of profit makers. Healthcare is a business to make money. If they truly Cared about you, they would cure diseases, not maintain.
Your vision of whats, whys of healthcare are emotionally driven, when the system is financially driven.

Dont like, move.
Healthcare should not be for profit. Again, it's not a luxury car, yacht or mansion but a basic necessity. If the middle class cannot afford it (not the poor) than this country has a serous problem. Personally I have a best insurance provided by the employer. My opinion is in principle, since even now before the elections there is almost zero discussion about it. Honestly new solutions to lowering costs (even before including the uninsured) interest me more than Hillary's emails and Trump's hairdo.

Last edited by oberon_1; 09-18-2016 at 01:39 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 07:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,792,095 times
Quote:
How do you think that Obamacare "reformed the awful medical system that was in place before"? Obamacare didn't touch the medical system. It only touched the insurance industry which changed nothing about healthcare. Premiums have risen dramatically for many and those who can no longer afford it now get to pay a tax for that. Not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies