Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 02:07 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
why don't they.
because the probiotics would be killed by the antibiotics the person is taking.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
why don't they. Due to this overload of abx drugs many end up with yeast overgrowth which leads to many health issues. If a person is not up on all this they are open for more health issues.
This may be TMI, but whenever my then teenaged daughters were put on antibiotics, their dr. told them to eat a lot of yogurt to avoid a yeast infection. Doctors aren't totally out to lunch!

Old 10-05-2016, 03:00 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
They're just making up lies because they felt insulted. It's a natural reaction for most people. I take everything I read in the news with a grain of salt.
If there was arsenic I would know. I have very in tune senses (the only bad one is my eyesight but I'm still very observant..just need glasses) In Aquafina, I can feel a lot of unnatural stuff. Even in Dasani, I can feel a few chemicals that don't feel right on the tongue. With Fiji all I feel is water.
You cannot always trust your senses. Besides working in the pharmaceutical industry; I also worked in the chemical industry for six years (BASF Wyandotte). When it comes to strong alkalis; you cannot always tell if you are getting burned. They can neutralize your nervous system and turn your fatty tissue to soap. Years ago I also used chlorinated hydrocarbons to degum parts in my lawnmower business. Then it did not bother me; but over time it did. I believe that they made it to the EPA's top ten of dangerous chemicals at one time. Our senses can be thrown off - like the classic classroom blindfold test where you are given a slice of pear while you are smelling an apple or other fruit. Cyanide does not smell bad and carbon monoxide has no smell.

All I am saying is to not always trust your senses. There can be a placebo effect in some of the supplements and I am not against people feeling better. I am against people doing stupid things like writing off all of our medical and scientific studies. It is almost as bad as letting the rattlesnake bite and trusting God to save your sorry butt. I like to think that God helps those that help themselves (or don't take stupid chances in the first place)!

Old 10-05-2016, 03:16 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
They're just making up lies because they felt insulted. It's a natural reaction for most people. I take everything I read in the news with a grain of salt.
If there was arsenic I would know. I have very in tune senses (the only bad one is my eyesight but I'm still very observant..just need glasses) In Aquafina, I can feel a lot of unnatural stuff. Even in Dasani, I can feel a few chemicals that don't feel right on the tongue. With Fiji all I feel is water.
But not in tune enough to know that you are consuming the chemical dihydrogen monoxide with every glass of Fiji you drink. Interesting.

This is serious stuff: Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide

Old 10-05-2016, 03:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
^^Wish I could rep you again!

Old 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You cannot always trust your senses. Besides working in the pharmaceutical industry; I also worked in the chemical industry for six years (BASF Wyandotte). When it comes to strong alkalis; you cannot always tell if you are getting burned. They can neutralize your nervous system and turn your fatty tissue to soap. Years ago I also used chlorinated hydrocarbons to degum parts in my lawnmower business. Then it did not bother me; but over time it did. I believe that they made it to the EPA's top ten of dangerous chemicals at one time. Our senses can be thrown off - like the classic classroom blindfold test where you are given a slice of pear while you are smelling an apple or other fruit. Cyanide does not smell bad and carbon monoxide has no smell.

All I am saying is to not always trust your senses. There can be a placebo effect in some of the supplements and I am not against people feeling better. I am against people doing stupid things like writing off all of our medical and scientific studies. It is almost as bad as letting the rattlesnake bite and trusting God to save your sorry butt. I like to think that God helps those that help themselves (or don't take stupid chances in the first place)!

Always...maybe not. I mean no one is perfect but more often than not I can. In fact I wish I would have more at least in the past instead of just assuming because I am human I could be wrong. People lie so I'm not going to believe something just because I read it. I'll read something and then I'll analyze if it makes sense. (which I get it it goes both ways. you're not going to believe me just because I said so but have you ever actually tried these supplements? and if you have did you account for every variable?) I have above average senses so hardly anything gets by me. Miralax for example is supposed to be tasteless but I could taste the powder even though it's mixed in and that was when I was a child (I wasn't aware of my high senses then). When the hairstylist thinned my hair, I did not know that's what she did at the time but then when I came home I saw a difference that no one else could see right away for a long while. I was told I was crazy..they said it was no different but then they noticed it too. Right now I have an IUD placed and it is inserted correctly but I can feel it there. Sure I'll probly get used to it at some point but it will take me longer. In fact I am so sensitive to stimuli that seeing certain patterns on a program make me literally itch. These are just a few of the possibly many examples of my unusual senses.
For some people maybe but obviously not me.

Quote:
But not in tune enough to know that you are consuming the chemical dihydrogen monoxide with every glass of Fiji you drink. Interesting.
Because it doesn't exist and even on the rare chance it does it is a microscopic amount compared to what you would get in most other waters and prescription/OTC medicines like aspirin. If not even I can feel it when consuming then it would have to be.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:07 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
why don't they. Due to this overload of abx drugs many end up with yeast overgrowth which leads to many health issues. If a person is not up on all this they are open for more health issues.
"Jamin", I must say that your knowledge of healthcare and medicine is some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard that defies every randomized, double blinded, placebo controlled, prospective study ever performed.

A simple thing to consider- an accumulation of personal anecdotes is not a substitute for valid science.

If medicine was guided by your views, we would still be using leeches, blood letting, coffee enemas, mineral baths, and magic to cure human ailments.

Simply astounding.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:11 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
My original quote: But not in tune enough to know that you are consuming the chemical dihydrogen monoxide with every glass of Fiji you drink. Interesting.

Quote:
Because it doesn't exist and even on the rare chance it does it is a microscopic amount compared to what you would get in most other waters and prescription/OTC medicines like aspirin. If not even I can feel it when consuming then it would have to be.
Emphasis mine.

I'll wait until you get it.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:45 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My original quote: But not in tune enough to know that you are consuming the chemical dihydrogen monoxide with every glass of Fiji you drink. Interesting.

Emphasis mine.

I'll wait until you get it.

Were you there when they made the Fiji?

Also I'm not dead am I? Unless this is hell (although I do entertain the idea sometimes) and I have drank plenty of Fiji over the years. I don't even have any of those symptoms that you linked after drinking it. The only thing I have is nausea and bloating but it's not when I drink it and it was only after I discovered I had gastritis. I was drinking Fiji significantly before I developed gastritis. So maybe you are thinking you suffered a severe reaction to Fiji?

Quote:
"Jamin", I must say that your knowledge of healthcare and medicine is some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard that defies every randomized, double blinded, placebo controlled, prospective study ever performed.
While I don't agree with everything Jamin said as I think they are obviously more..dedicated than me, sometimes the craziest people are the ones that tell the truth. The people who aren't afraid to buy into what the government says or what a commercial says..to go against the mainstream can be the most intelligent people. They said Einstein, Galileo..and many other innovators were crazy but then they changed the world.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-05-2016 at 04:55 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 04:54 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Good grief, what are you a human chemical analyzer?

The Cleveland Water Department conducted a study comparing their water to Fiji bottled water. The study found that Fiji contained the highest level of arsenic and other contaminates when compared to Cleveland’s city water and other bottled water. The Surprising Discovery Of What Is Really Inside A Fiji Bottle Of Water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.