Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 11:47 PM

37,149 posts, read 41,350,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
The gastritis and when taking the PPI for 7 days like he said to do the symptoms got worse. I felt more abdominal pain and more inflamed. My best way of describing it is my stomach was angry and acting out on it. It is difficult to describe gastritis in words because it's a feeling to me like no other.
Yes I mean the measurement around my waist.

I'm not saying it increased my waist measurement. I'm saying it made my stomach distended. That is the confusing part. My stomach is not flat but it's a normal weight measurement. Well actually it could worsen the gastritis because with the heavier periods and the shifting (the OB said it will sometimes shift and cause me ovary pain) it could stress out my stomach esp since it has demonstrated to somehow make my plantar fasciitis come back so if it can affect my feet then it can sure affect my stomach esp since one of the causes of plantar fasciitis seems to be my gastritis because before I got gastritis I was very healthy. But I'm not saying it's going to last..it might just be part of the adjustment period to have these problems. I am going to check my thyroid but I don't think that it is my thyroid because I would find it more difficult to lose weight and not just have a distended stomach. Plus my thyroid was shown as normal in May so I don't know what would have changed it.

Well if the original condition has not been resolved and they've had me on two antibiotics AND an antifungal less than a year span, plus the cream then that means the medicine is a joke. I did not mind the cream so much since it is external but it's clearly been useless. But I may have to if it doesn't go away..I just hope to hell the doctor doesn't decide to put me on another antibiotic.
But they did test to see if I had an infection anymore and I didn't but yet I still have this discomfort.
Gastritis does not cause plantar fasciitis. The IUD will not do anything to plantar fasciitis.

An IUD will not cause abdominal bloating and it cannot "shift" and cause you "ovary pain". An IUD will not do anything to your gastritis.

All an IUD does is sit inside the cavity of the uterus and prevent pregnancy.

You have not described anything that suggests you have a thyroid problem.

If you still have a problem rather than just blaming the medicine see your doctor and get a diagnosis.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,184,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Gastritis does not cause plantar fasciitis. The IUD will not do anything to plantar fasciitis.

An IUD will not cause abdominal bloating and it cannot "shift" and cause you "ovary pain". An IUD will not do anything to your gastritis.

All an IUD does is sit inside the cavity of the uterus and prevent pregnancy.

You have not described anything that suggests you have a thyroid problem.

If you still have a problem rather than just blaming the medicine see your doctor and get a diagnosis.
By the way, about plantar fasciitis, I suffered from that last year. I spent many hours walking on hard floors. I could barely move from the pain when I first got up after sitting for any length of time. I went to two different podiatrist and got the cortisone shots in my heel. But it did not improve and they were painful. I had tried different wraps and some made it feel better. However, a little sleeve type arch support; 'cured' me of my condition. Here is an example of the sleeve arch support that I used: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...189314-product. The one I actually used was even a little cheaper (about $7 per pair). I only had plantar fasciitis in my left foot; so I gave the new, unused, right sleeves to others that suffered from it in their right foot.

I am not claiming that it will work for everybody. It is best to see a podiatrist for a proper diagnosis. My 'cure' could also have been a combination of shoe arch height and the appliance?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
Quote:
I just forgot. My short term memory is not as good as my long term memory so scientific words aren't stored as much as psychology words (like the list of fallacies) and my experiences. Just because I'm not as passionate about science doesn't mean I'm not passionate about improving my health. Why am I talking about medical issues? Because I have experienced them and I'm angry that medicine has contributed to compromising my health. I thought that was obvious.

How do you know the studies aren't fake or misinterpreted? Do you believe everything that doctors/scientists tell you? Unless you have participated in them, it is possible that they are not true. Since the article was fake, it just proves that you can't believe something just because it is written. There's a study for example that astrology is a complete joke but I've seen things in it that prove otherwise.

Okay so you lost a friend but that doesn't prove that everyone needs regular medicine...all it proves is that she needed it. That is my qualm about pharmaceutical/medical industry. They treat everyone the same and we're not all built the same. Doctors don't live inside your head/body so that's why I think it's so important to consider that maybe you don't need it and only use medication as a last resort. I'm not saying that everyone on this thread doesn't already do that but I have seen so many people imply that they haven't questioned the medication. They don't make their own choices. The doctor may go to school to study the human body but they do not know mine so to assume that I need PPI's for my gastritis is ridiculous esp when I told him I tried and it made it worse. If there was a real life Dr. House I'd believe more in western medicine because his goal was to fix the patient before they left the hospital. Most of them were a one time treatment. But as far as I've seen no one is like that they put you on a regular basis treatment instead. At least with sups I don't have to worry about withdrawal if I stop taking them.
You did more than "just forget". You never even bothered to look up the word. You let a lot of people mock you about dihydrogen monoxide and you dug in your heels and swore it wasn't in . . . water, when it's the chemical name for water.

suzy explained why there can't be a real life "Dr. House". Heck, patients get sent home from the hospital "sicker and quicker" these days than ever before.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:26 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You did more than "just forget". You never even bothered to look up the word. You let a lot of people mock you about dihydrogen monoxide and you dug in your heels and swore it wasn't in . . . water, when it's the chemical name for water.

suzy explained why there can't be a real life "Dr. House". Heck, patients get sent home from the hospital "sicker and quicker" these days than ever before.
Ain't it the truth! Twice, in the last six months, for me. Was turned around and admitted, for lengthy times, the next day on both. The first time for six weeks! All because the ER attending didn't just look at my records, and call my doctors. Unfortunately, I have a couple chronic conditions that I'm at the mercy of medicine to combat. They have a habit of flaring overnight, and getting critical in a hurry. I've even had ER docs tell me I don't have these issues, or could t have them, and dismiss what I tell them, out of hand. Which has almost killed me before. On, I got the requisite apologies from the hospital patient relations dept, after my regular docs set them straight. Doesn't help much when the conditions were worsened by lack of treatment when required.

Even when you have proven and recorded conditions, it can be bard to get a doctor who doesn't know you to listen. Especially in an emergency situation. They just don't feel the need to take the time to verify what you tell them.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,877,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
Fiji contains fluoride: 0.23 milligrams per liter, from the Fiji site:

https://www.fijiwater.com/faqs.html
Ya SODIUM flouride is not good Suzy....I try hard to avoid it!

Old 10-07-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya SODIUM flouride is not good Suzy....I try hard to avoid it!
Fluoride is fluoride, no matter what the source.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ain't it the truth! Twice, in the last six months, for me. Was turned around and admitted, for lengthy times, the next day on both. The first time for six weeks! All because the ER attending didn't just look at my records, and call my doctors. Unfortunately, I have a couple chronic conditions that I'm at the mercy of medicine to combat. They have a habit of flaring overnight, and getting critical in a hurry. I've even had ER docs tell me I don't have these issues, or could t have them, and dismiss what I tell them, out of hand. Which has almost killed me before. On, I got the requisite apologies from the hospital patient relations dept, after my regular docs set them straight. Doesn't help much when the conditions were worsened by lack of treatment when required.

Even when you have proven and recorded conditions, it can be bard to get a doctor who doesn't know you to listen. Especially in an emergency situation. They just don't feel the need to take the time to verify what you tell them.
NV, you need to have your medical information with you if you go to the hospital. An ER doc may not have easy access to your records, even if you have been admitted to the same hospital before and even if those records are kept in an electronic format. Contacting your primary doctor may not be easy either.

You can get a letter from your doctor with a summary of your diagnosis and medications and copies of any relevant recent lab tests.

My computer whiz sister in law keeps her records on a thumb drive that she carries on her key ring.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:56 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,074,692 times
Quote:
The gastritis and when taking the PPI for 7 days like he said to do the symptoms got worse. I felt more abdominal pain and more inflamed. My best way of describing it is my stomach was angry and acting out on it. It is difficult to describe gastritis in words because it's a feeling to me like no other.
Yes I mean the measurement around my waist.

I'm not saying it increased my waist measurement. I'm saying it made my stomach distended. That is the confusing part. My stomach is not flat but it's a normal weight measurement. Well actually it could worsen the gastritis because with the heavier periods and the shifting (the OB said it will sometimes shift and cause me ovary pain) it could stress out my stomach esp since it has demonstrated to somehow make my plantar fasciitis come back so if it can affect my feet then it can sure affect my stomach esp since one of the causes of plantar fasciitis seems to be my gastritis because before I got gastritis I was very healthy. But I'm not saying it's going to last..it might just be part of the adjustment period to have these problems. I am going to check my thyroid but I don't think that it is my thyroid because I would find it more difficult to lose weight and not just have a distended stomach. Plus my thyroid was shown as normal in May so I don't know what would have changed it.

Well if the original condition has not been resolved and they've had me on two antibiotics AND an antifungal less than a year span, plus the cream then that means the medicine is a joke. I did not mind the cream so much since it is external but it's clearly been useless. But I may have to if it doesn't go away..I just hope to hell the doctor doesn't decide to put me on another antibiotic.
But they did test to see if I had an infection anymore and I didn't but yet I still have this discomfort.
I've had chronic gastritis for two years...never heard of it causing foot problems. But it does cause pain which can migrate to any part of your chest, abdomen and your arms. The first several months can be torture, then eventually it settles into something more managable. What I have learned about it are to drink enough water, get a decent amount of exercise, don't eat anything two hours before bedtime, and try not to worry about it, your stomach will eventually heal. Do not stay on PPIs for much longer than six to eight months, if they don't heal you after that then they aren't working for you.

There are several supplements on the market that work a charm for dispepsia, one of them being DGL licorice root, in chewable pill form. Definitely get some of that because it's instant relief after you eat one. Another one is vitamin B12, very important because your stomach lining has been compromised and it's ability to absorb B12 has decreased; I would recommend a multivitamin. You would also do well to take a PRO-biotic to repopulate your gut with the needed bacteria for digestion that the anti-biotics have wiped out of your system, unless you enjoy having diarrhea.

Last edited by zortation; 10-07-2016 at 08:09 PM..

Old 10-07-2016, 08:28 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,797,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Fluoride is fluoride, no matter what the source.
Not so. Calcium fluoride is not sodium fluoride which is mostly produced from lead industry and fertilizer industry WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2016, 08:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,797,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
I've had chronic gastritis for two years...never heard of it causing foot problems. But it does cause pain which can migrate to any part of your chest, abdomen and your arms. The first several months can be torture, then eventually it settles into something more managable. What I have learned about it are to drink enough water, get a decent amount of exercise, don't eat anything two hours before bedtime, and try not to worry about it, your stomach will eventually heal. Do not stay on PPIs for much longer than six to eight months, if they don't heal you after that then they aren't working for you.

There are several supplements on the market that work a charm for dispepsia, one of them being DGL licorice root, in chewable pill form. Definitely get some of that because it's instant relief after you eat one. Another one is vitamin B12, very important because your stomach lining has been compromised and it's ability to absorb B12 has decreased; I would recommend a multivitamin. You would also do well to take a PRO-biotic to repopulate your gut with the needed bacteria for digestion that the anti-biotics have wiped out of your system, unless you enjoy having diarrhea.
I've been using DGL for years and have no stomach issues and I given a stomach ulcer from a pharma drug back in the 80's so there is a weakness there possibly, so DGL saves my stomach. I use NONE of otc PPI drugs. There is plenty of info on the negative effects of those PPI's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies