Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 05:12 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And millions do get side effects. There are some 300million in the U.S.

Oh so you are not aging? Everyone I know is over 65 and we are aging. I sure don't look and feel like I did at 30-40. My 95 yr old friend looks older every day. My mom sure looked pretty old at 91. My daughter is 53 and she surely doesn't look and feel like she did in 20-30's.

Who eats Perfect foods?

On the Vit D issue, all the years I went to MD's the Vit D test was never done. It took my sister who is challenged with damn MS to bring this to my attention as I thought living in CA how could I be deficient....sitting at computers all day as so many do, there is huge deficiency. And many are not sun lovers. I know both parents had to be Vit D deficient as they were never in the sun. It took some out of box thinking MD's to bring this to our attention and write books and form councils..The Vit D Council was formed.

Thinking on this, so many health issues could have been prevented if everyone had GOOD optimal Vit D levels. Depression is a huge one...no they push the A/D's, lots of money in those drugs. Vit D and K2 is so inexpensive for added health.
Millions get side effects perhaps if you include every mild one that causes no harm.

Yes, I am aging. What you said was that "everything depletes as we age". That is not true. I am not vitamin D deficient and I do not spend much time in the sun. I cover up when I do. Why should I take vitamin D if I do not need it? I get vitamin D from dairy products. I do not take calcium for the same reason. I do have periodic bone density tests and the results are fine.

Your parents did not have to be vitamin D deficient. Not everyone is.

You do not have to eat "perfect foods". That is why I specified a diet including all the major food groups. If you eliminate whole groups of food, like meat, then you can be deficient. Vegans and vegetarians need B12 because they are not eating meat or not enough of it to prevent B12 deficiency.

The science based approach to K2:

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...-the-mountain/

Again, if you have a diagnosed deficiency you are not taking a "supplement", you are treating a medical condition.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I live with 60 yrs year of advancing OA...it's all management. I'm thankful I sleep good with no pain, but with years and the hip MESS, have learned to live with pain. I don't want the big pharma pain guns so this is my choice. Sure I'd love a pharma food based affordable med to help more, do you have one to offer.
This is in spite of all the supplements you take and describe as doing all these wonderful things to prevent everything from cataracts to cancer.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I KNOW some supps have side effects, I don't use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never take ginseng as I learned years ago about that herb and SJW which I took before I got thyroid supported raised BP...I found that out thru a search on it.

Probiotics, magnesium, COQ10, grape seed ex, pycnogenol, lutein, DHEA are my biggies and no side effects..

I've only been taking supps 25+ yrs and I'm still hanging in pretty well, except for structural mess from YOU KNOW WHAT....

You know so much about the pharma world WHY won't they produce non side effect drugs? All these scientific pharma people can't give us safe drugs.
DHEA?

DHEA Supplements: Uses and Side Effects

"Possible side effects of DHEA supplements can include:

Oily skin and acne, as well as skin thickening
Hair loss
Stomach upset
High blood pressure
Changes in menstrual cycle
Facial hair in women
Deepening of the voice in women
Fatigue
Nasal congestion
Headache
Rapid or irregular heart beat
Insomnia
Unfavorable changes in cholesterol levels"

There will never be a drug with no side effects.

Beware of dihydrogen monoxide, probably the most common "all natural" substance ingested worldwide:

Dihydrogen Monoxide - The Truth

Old 10-04-2016, 06:16 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Many don't consume dairy and it's fortified and that is not saying much. I don't eat tons of cheese and for me dairy is not the answer. I was in the SUN for most of my life and when I came in from the sun in my early 50's didn't realize I was emptying the Vit D tank.

I'm glad you are up on the Vit D issues. I think of all those who are not and so many older folks sitting around senior homes and not getting support and waiting to go.

And yes I'm counting on what I take to prevent the two above for sure. So far so good.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:16 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
How about some drugs with NO SIDE EFFECTS.....what can you say about this...no one says anything and I keep asking.

I'd like one to help with OA stiffness....whata you got?

Don't tell me celebrex and I know vioxx was removed from market...and feldene gave me a stomach ulcer.
What has NO SIDE EFFECTS? Take water, even 'clean water: Why Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Harmful To Your Health. "On January 12, 2007, a 28-year old Californian wife and mother of three children died from drinking too much water."

You can overdose on just about anything; including any of your supplements. The only thing you have going for you is that you don't have the regulations that require the same stringent reporting.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
DHEA?

DHEA Supplements: Uses and Side Effects

"Possible side effects of DHEA supplements can include:

Oily skin and acne, as well as skin thickening
Hair loss
Stomach upset
High blood pressure
Changes in menstrual cycle
Facial hair in women
Deepening of the voice in women
Fatigue
Nasal congestion
Headache
Rapid or irregular heart beat
Insomnia
Unfavorable changes in cholesterol levels"

There will never be a drug with no side effects.

Beware of dihydrogen monoxide, probably the most common "all natural" substance ingested worldwide:

Dihydrogen Monoxide - The Truth
How about the DHEA History:
http://www.lifeextension.com/Protoco...ration/Page-01

Of course, jump to conclusions. I've been taking it for years under integrative MD's guidance, too bad so few get this support. I have NONE of the above issues. And my skin has hardly any lines/wrinkles at 78. Thanks.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-04-2016 at 06:26 PM..

Old 10-04-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What has NO SIDE EFFECTS? Take water, even 'clean water: Why Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Harmful To Your Health. "On January 12, 2007, a 28-year old Californian wife and mother of three children died from drinking too much water."

You can overdose on just about anything; including any of your supplements. The only thing you have going for you is that you don't have the regulations that require the same stringent reporting.
I'm not walking about WATER.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:20 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
I'm not walking about WATER.
Anything you consume can hurt you; even if you can walk on water!

Old 10-04-2016, 06:27 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
I never understood this. Sure, they make millions on drugs and surgeries for cancer. But, what makes you think that the cure wouldn't also make millions? It would keep people alive and they can make even more money on their next illness. I do not believe that the cure is being held somewhere to make a profit on treating people forever. That conspiracy is right up there with 911 being blown up on the inside and planes never hit the towers, which is bs because my friend was working a few blocks away and saw it happen in front of his face.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Anything you consume can hurt you; even if you can walk on water!
Again, we're supposed to be talking pharma and supplements. But say what you need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies