Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 01:30 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Well, a white person isn't going to tell a black person that. Then they'd be outwardly racist. They have no problem telling a white person that, because they think other whites can be pressured to conform.

Not me. I don't see black or white; I see trashy or classy.
No one has ever told me "I won't speak to you because you voted for Obama". However, I have been in a situation where I got sucked into a political debate. Said person kept trying to convince me to vote Republican, as if she was some kind of political recruiter. She was behaving like it was her business who I voted for.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I find many blacks don't speak up for the same reasons many whites don't either. They don't want to seem like "race traitors".
The term race traitor really does not apply to whites. Whites do not have enough in common for any act or speech of another white to be labeled race traitor. Of course our racists will disagree.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:34 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one has ever told me "I won't speak to you because you voted for Obama". However, I have been in a situation where I got sucked into a political debate. Said person kept trying to convince me to vote Republican, as if she was some kind of political recruiter. She was behaving like it was her business who I voted for.
Yes, specifically one of my friends is a staunch Republican, and when she found out I was planning on voting for Obama, she went nuts. She lectured me over the phone until I told her to pound sand, and that if she couldn't learn to keep her opinions to herself, she could lose my phone number. She stopped talking politics with me.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:49 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:
Well, if she expressed contempt for Black men, what else could that be? If she rails against Black History Month, but not a word about Hispanic History Month, what else could you call that?

Someone who has not had a big role since "Clueless" and has only managed to get low budget sitcom and movie roles on BET who is now not even getting that and needs a means to pay her bills even if she has to temporarily turn against her own race.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Someone who has not had a big role since "Clueless" and has only managed to get low budget sitcom and movie roles on BET who is now not even getting that and needs a means to pay her bills even if she has to temporarily turn against her own race.
In short, desperate and attention seeking.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:48 PM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Stacey Dash is just a user. A gold digger. And I really believe she hates having African ancestry. She is half Black, half Hispanic. She has made disparaging comments about Blacks, but not Hispanics.
I've been a fan of Stacy Dash ever since she was in "Mo' Money" with the Wayans brothers, and I never once knew that she was Mexican-American.

I read it recently online and literally laughed out loud. "She's what?!"

Quote:
She has never said she wouldn't date Hispanics, but she says she doesn't want Black men.
? She has a son with Christopher Williams.

The Stacy Dash hate is overblown. She's being demonized mostly for being a conservative.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I've been a fan of Stacy Dash ever since she was in "Mo' Money" with the Wayans brothers, and I never once knew that she was Mexican-American.

The Stacy Dash hate is overblown. She's being demonized mostly for being a conservative.
I've never watched Mo' Money. I've only seen her in Clueless.

My disdain for Stacey Dash has nothing to do with her conservative views. It has to do with her hypocrisy. Yes, she is half-Mexican American. I notice she makes disparaging comments towards Black History Month and BET. She doesn't make those comments towards Univision or Hispanic History Month. She also said she is done with Black men. I don't care who she has a son with.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:55 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, isn't that the point I was trying to make? Although you wrote a novel, I have to say, the above actually made my point.
No, I don't think so, not entirely anyways (kept in the context of my other points throughout my long post).

You stated the Marine Corps does not tolerate racism. That is completely untrue. Or at least it was when I was in. The Marine Corps didn't tolerate racism the way the Catholic Bishops throughout the 1970s to the early 2000s never tolerated homosexual pedophilia or pederasty among the ranks of its priests.

Put the white racist Marines aside. Had what happened to me onboard ship by black Marine NCOs during the Gulf War occurred anywhere in corporate America I could have sued for millions of dollars. Cornering a junior Marine (E-3 at the time) and interrogating (Inquisition, FBI style) him about the race of his mother and father and the exact hue of his father.

In fact, the white and black Marines on ship were quite divided the entirety of the Gulf War while operating in the theater of combat. I was caught in the middle. The Marines were only unified on ship against sailors and against any non-Marines or enemies if that may have emerged. There was no open warfare between white and black Marines but the tension was there. Almost as if it was a revert to the racial tensions in Veitnam.

One raised racist white Marine from the South, drunk one night in port, boarded the ship and called one or more black sailors passing him the "N" word. Which caused a big seen on deck. I was on .50 cal watch posted. Other black Marines off duty came to back him up. One of them was a member of the Nation of Islam and one of the same NCO's that harassed me about being half white.

On a lesser note, my Mexican Gunny on that ship, who I assume always thought I was Puerto Rican (an assumption of mine), my entire 7 months out at sea would ride me about my curly hair. "Why is your hair so 'F-----'?" he would ask, even immediately after I just got my haircut. I just blew it off whilst answering him respectfully.

Quote:
The so called racist people are actually just people who are prejudiced. no?
All people have prejudices. Racism does not have the exact same meaning as the word "prejudice." Many people are prejudice against pedophilies that does not make them racist. Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another race.

And in the English language something can be implied in a comment rather than explicitly stated. So, the superiority of whites was implied in the declarative statement that whites outperform black Marines "in nearly every category" in "training schools."

Along with that came statements about how there are almost no blacks in Force Recon. And Force Recon and the lack of significant black representation in it had nothing at all to do with my earlier comment that I had worked with many white racist people stemming from the Corps to the civilian construction trades. I was actually, thinking of that drunk white Marine on ship that called those sailors the "N" word. He did not hide or lie about his racist upbringing either. He was a pretty good dude. Tough too. Him and I got along well enough. He would tell me I needed to "take more pride in my race." An American thing. The belief in racial pride being a necessity. Whites in South Africa probably have it too. Whites in modern day Germany and France probably a lot less so. But in the US no matter your color we are conditioned to think we need to announce to the world how "proud" we are of our race. Ergo, São Paulo, Brazil having more Italians than New York City but you would never know it because the former is pretty silent but the latter can never shut their mouths announcing to all of earth how proud they are to be Italian (albeit, that is more an ethnic than racial thing).

One could infer from the comments about Force Recon that it was brought up to provide some evidence for the superiority of white Marines over black Marines. Or should I say "minority" Marines. The Italian Marines was a good one. Especially from the cities. I don't think I met a single remarkable Marine that was Italian my entire 4 years in the Corps. Like black Marines from the city they tended to prefer the rear, spit and polish, than training and camping in the field. But unlike them I met plenty of above average Marines that were black. Plenty of them. And the Mexicans certainly were and are proving to be outstanding Marines.

I'm sure there are outstanding Italian Marines. I just never came across a single f------ one.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:07 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

She's Mexican and Black. I personally could not care less what her political preference is, however I do think her commentary of certain matters is a bit misguided.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:07 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yes, specifically one of my friends is a staunch Republican, and when she found out I was planning on voting for Obama, she went nuts. She lectured me over the phone until I told her to pound sand, and that if she couldn't learn to keep her opinions to herself, she could lose my phone number. She stopped talking politics with me.
You all need to stop acting like it's only Republicans who do that. I was at a going away(for me)/housewarming(for co-worker) party just before I left liberal hell Seattle. One dinzty bench kept trying to talk politics to me. I told her that I was not interested in talking politics...it's a fricken party, that's all those idiots in Seattle ever try to do. 'Don't you know why it's called 'HIS story'?' Then another co-worker there blurted out that I'm Conservative and this hag went off. Were it not illegal to punch someone right in the mouth, I undoubtedly would have she was such an arrogant, annoying, ill informed snot who would NOT show any respect at all to my request to find a different topic. So don't even go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies