Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 03:18 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
So far this thread is going pretty well! As the discussion head, I want to bring in a new question now. What do you think of black Youtubers such as Seren Sensei and Cynthia G? Would you consider them to be SJWs? The latter, IMO is a particularly vicious character who really does nothing to advance the black community.
Not familiar with them. I don't follow too many youtube bloggers, especially when it comes to race issues. I haven't found anyone on youtube I agree with on race, black or white. I use to listen to Tariq Nasheed, but back when he used to mostly give dating advice. I found him entertaining. He shifted his focus to black issues, and while occassionaly it's interesting, for the most part it was annoying. He basically turned into a tin and foil hate blogger, where he just talk about a bunch of white supremacist plots and promotes his movies and product. I had to stop listening to him.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Not familiar with them. I don't follow too many youtube bloggers, especially when it comes to race issues. I haven't found anyone on youtube I agree with on race, black or white. I use to listen to Tariq Nasheed, but back when he used to mostly give dating advice. I found him entertaining. He shifted his focus to black issues, and while occassionaly it's interesting, for the most part it was annoying. He basically turned into a tin and foil hate blogger, where he just talk about a bunch of white supremacist plots and promotes his movies and product. I had to stop listening to him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzT...J1lFF9wuJCdvTg

https://www.youtube.com/user/cyngre

Old 10-26-2016, 03:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
i am not black, and i do not like the way many are treated in this country, some get what they deserve as they bring it on themselves though. same with whites.

in he end if we are going to end racism, and hate, we need to start with the person that looks back at us from the mirror. we change that person, and we can change the world.

i dont care about skin color, it only tells how much melanin is present in the skin, i care about character. a person with bad character is one to generally be avoided. we all need to treat people with dignity and respect. if we can do that, we can get along with each other.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:46 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
I am African American and like I have always stated, this racial climate nonsense is just what it is, manufactured nonsense. A climate of victimhood created by other blacks to take away the binoculars off the massive corruption, crime, and familial breakdown in the African American community and try to pin the blame on the police. Almost every single publicised case of "police brutality" I've researched were caused by some black man or woman acting a plum damn fool (as usual) and thinking the rules don't apply to them. Then when they end up dead, the community revolts against the police even though forensic science and video surveillance clearly shows they were in the wrong. I've had it. And it's another reason I'm putting an end to the nonsense by having voted for Trump.

I honestly don't know what kind of credence the AA community has to be crying on TV and news shows about how we're going through widespread discrimination and "genocide" by the police. The only genocide that's been happening to our people is through decades of abortion and black-on-black crime which are still at massive levels through all the big cities. So again, the whole thing is bs and hypocritical.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I am African American and like I have always stated, this racial climate nonsense is just what it is, manufactured nonsense. A climate of victimhood created by other blacks to take away the binoculars off the massive corruption, crime, and familial breakdown in the African American community and try to pin the blame on the police. Almost every single publicised case of "police brutality" I've researched were caused by some black man or woman acting a plum damn fool (as usual) and thinking the rules don't apply to them. Then when they end up dead, the community revolts against the police even though forensic science and video surveillance clearly shows they were in the wrong. I've had it. And it's another reason I'm putting an end to the nonsense by having voted for Trump. You can vote for who you wish, but this issue is much bigger than a politician.

I honestly don't know what kind of credence the AA community has to be crying on TV and news shows about how we're going through widespread discrimination and "genocide" by the police. The only genocide that's been happening to our people is through decades of abortion and black-on-black crime which are still at massive levels through all the big cities. I actually posted about black on black crime in this thread.It's an issue but it has gone down in the last for years.So again, the whole thing is bs and hypocritical.
Hello, thanks for commenting. I have to reject the notion that this racial climate is all nonsense. While one cannot blame the breakdown of the black family EXCLUSIVELY on police, it can be blamed in certain circumstances. Men of our complexion often DO get harsher sentences than our Anglo-Saxon counterparts for petty crimes. Now are some arrests necessary? Yes, like in the case of child abuse, sexual assault, attempted murder I say lock the bastard up and throw away the key. I don't care what color that said person is. OTOH, I've had some scary encounters with the cops living in the south and I thank GOD that no gun was ever pulled on me.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:04 PM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
As a white male I would like to respond to this thread. I am not racists in the sense of disliking blacks for their(your) color or culture of anything like that. What I resent is that when blacks and whites live in the same areas of the same community whites lose our identity as whites.
European Americans can only be culturally and socially what we are when we live amongst our own kind with our own neighborhoods in our own areas of town or in our own towns. So if it happens that I resent blacks it isn't because I don't like blacks per se it is because of their intrusion into white towns and white neighborhoods. But blacks could take that as racism without knowing the reason behind my feelings. At the same time I can appreciate much about blacks like their music beat and their down to earth approach as I perceive it. But I can appreciate those things when blacks live in their own areas and whites live in our own areas.
Wow, where do you live? I live in a mixed neighborhood, in a very mixed city with very little zoning. There isn't a soul in the Houston area that doesn't live or work or go to school with people of different races, and I wouldn't like to live in an all-white neighborhood. Life would be pretty boring that way.

What is this "white culture" you speak of anyway? I can see how black Americans can have a common culture handed down through slavery and the type of segregation you are advocating, but there is no "white culture" that I know of. There are different ethnic cultures such as Jewish or Irish or German, but not one shared culture. The culture I know is the American culture, and anyone can be a part of it, be they black, Hispanic, Asian, or Anglo, German, Croatian, Chech, or whatever.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wow, where do you live? I live in a mixed neighborhood, in a very mixed city with very little zoning. There isn't a soul in the Houston area that doesn't live or work or go to school with people of different races, and I wouldn't like to live in an all-white neighborhood. Life would be pretty boring that way.

What is this "white culture" you speak of anyway? I can see how black Americans can have a common culture handed down through slavery and the type of segregation you are advocating, but there is no "white culture" that I know of. There are different ethnic cultures such as Jewish or Irish or German, but not one shared culture. The culture I know is the American culture, and anyone can be a part of it, be they black, Hispanic, Asian, or Anglo, German, Croatian, Chech, or whatever.
Ditto.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:12 PM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Hello, thanks for commenting. I have to reject the notion that this racial climate is all nonsense. While one cannot blame the breakdown of the black family EXCLUSIVELY on police, it can be blamed in certain circumstances. Men of our complexion often DO get harsher sentences than our Anglo-Saxon counterparts for petty crimes. Now are some arrests necessary? Yes, like in the case of child abuse, sexual assault, attempted murder I say lock the bastard up and throw away the key. I don't care what color that said person is. OTOH, I've had some scary encounters with the cops living in the south and I thank GOD that no gun was ever pulled on me.
I used to think that was true, but then look at rap sheets of people like the guys that shot into a crowd and killed that NBA player's cousin. They had rap sheets three feet long, and were out on bond for things like pimping minor girls. What the heck were they doing on the streets? People like that obviously are able to get out of jail with sentences no where near what they should be considering how dangerous they are to society.

The justice system is horrible if you're poor, but that's true for poor people of all colors.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:18 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Stopped reading right there.

Quit making excuses & giving racists the benefit of the doubt.
Quit making excuses? It was a conclusion based on personal experience. I concluded as I do now that there are white racist men far better people than many Black-American liberals. I've worked with plenty of white racist men from the Marine Corps to construction. Some of them are Samaritans.

This goes back to the issue of sin. Which all humans are inflicted by to varying degrees. Politics denies this though.

So, hate, is not something limited to and restricted to white racist males and females. When a black member of the Crips tortures a black member of the Bloods prior to putting a bullet through his skull, it usually is driven out of hate, a tribal hatred.

There are plenty of cruel white racist men. And the records of history testify to that. Some white racist people will hate me no matter what.

But I have my own hatred. Plenty of Americans I hate. My enemies are in this nation and not in Mexico, Iran, or Russia. And plenty of those Americans hate me too. It's what keeps America going: hate.

Look, the Americas were built on a racial caste system. That history still effects the present. In the United States over a hundred years of Jim Crow racial segregation agitated that further.

The whole thing is tangled at this point like a complicated web.

Being mulatto, half black, I've come to eventually believe over time after looking at the USA and Brazil, that a racially homogenous society is more preferable.

The more Latinos or Arabs that move to the US the better for me. We look more similar. I look like many Puerto Ricans. And I've got no problem with Mexicans. White people and black people could kill each other in race war though. So, I'm not attached to white racists.

But my main point was that if--judging by human sin--white Americans could admit that a lot of the police shooting of Black-Americans are overboard and some blatantly unjust and unwarranted, likewise if Black-Americans could admit that some black people, by punching armed cops (as in the Michael Brown case), spark their own damn shooting, then maybe the racial tension could cool. Race could be less political and more just a visual descriptive of a people sharing similar physical looking (phenotype) traits. But that's not going to happen. Especially with a two-party system. But at this point I don't think it could happen anyways, either in Brazil, Colombia, Venzuela, or the United States. Too much history of a racial caste system entrenched.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:22 PM

Okay, commenters, I have an additional question. Not trying to change the subject but trying to have an honest conversation:

Do you think that the black community embraces corporal punishment more than it should?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies