Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 08:29 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Awesome. Then we are in violent agreement a full, UNBIASED investigation is needed to either prove or DISPROVE there was interference. Because anything else...is not thinking critically. It is blindly supporting one side or the other.

I could personally care less who wins. I DO care, deeply, that our voting system delivers accurate results.

Full disclosure: someone may have tried to interfere, but if it wasn't direct (e.g. articles, etc.), I don't think it would change a thing-but I'd sure like to know it was going on, although it may change nothing. People made up their own minds based on all their sources of information, and I can't help it if someone comes to a conclusion I may not agree with. But they should *know* if the information was distributed by a foreign government, designed to help one candidate or another. That would discourage me that anyone thought that was legitimate.

If it was direct (hacking, altering actual votes)-that's what I'm concerned about. Deeply. Aren't you?
Who's going to do an unbiased investigation?

The Obama administration?

The Trump administration?

There has already been investigations, and so far, there has been no real evidence presented of the Russians interfering with the election.

The the questions is, why do so many media outlets keep writing articles saying, or insinuating the Russians interfered with the election?

One last question.

Did people care that president Bill Clinton personal interfered with the Russian elections in 1996 to get Boris Yeltsin re-elected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 08:30 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

I'd be fine with the Trump administration. But do you think it would be done fairly, since the President-elect has already stated he doesn't believe the initial reports?

Old 12-11-2016, 08:32 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Bernie factor that the Russians exposed might have made a difference at least in Michigan where 60,000 voters selected Stein in a state Trump took by less than 10,000. If only 1 in 6 of those Stein voters were so off-put by what they perceived was unfair treatment of Sanders that they would not vote for Clinton, then Putin accomplished what he set out to do.
Better solution: The DNC and the corrupt entities supporting them shouldn't have launched an all-out assault on Bernie Sanders. If it was a voice of the people thing, that'd be a different matter. But trying to sabotage the man behind the scenes just made the DNC and HRC look corrupt and undemocratic.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:33 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
There has been no evidence provided that Russia interfered with the election, so this is more fake news by the msm.

The part of this story that is true, is when Trump said the CIA was wrong about WMDs in Iraqi. The CIA pushes the propaganda the establishment wants, even if it is completely make up nonsense.

You would be much better off disregarding fake news sites like the WP.
Trump's immature reation that they got WMD's wrong 16 years ago doesn't address the issue and doesn't seem very presidential. So I guess we can assume everything the CIA comes up with is fabricated, if they expose any threat to the US in the future he can dismiss it in the same fashion.

The fact is that the DNC was hacked and their emails were exposed, now who do you suppose leaked them to Wikileaks. Someone definitely took this action just before an election and only to one party depending on if you believe the Homeland Security Chairman's waffle. It would be refreshing for Trump to state that this needs to be investigated as should any US citizen, but here we have Team Trump indicating all the security agencies are fabricating this story.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:39 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:

There has already been investigations, and so far, there has been no real evidence presented of the Russians interfering with the election.

The the questions is, why do so many media outlets keep writing articles saying, or insinuating the Russians interfered with the election?

One last question.

Did people care that president Bill Clinton personal interfered with the Russian elections in 1996 to get Boris Yeltsin re-elected?
Heads of agencies change but not the people doing the investigation. There has been no public disclosure of what they found but there have been leaks by those congressmen that wer breifed by the CIA. The bottom line is that someone did interfere in our election, that is not up for debate, why don't you think it should be investigated, better yet why hasn't Trump demanded the same as even some GOP members have requested.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:41 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
He says its Democrats to blame now, and says that he probably won't take daily intelligence briefings that the Previous Presidents have had.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/us...imes&smtyp=cur

^Yeah, I know, it's from the New York Times, which some people on here believe to be a false news site...all those awards and Pulitzer's prove nothing I guess.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:45 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I'd be fine with the Trump administration. But do you think it would be done fairly, since the President-elect has already stated he doesn't believe the initial reports?
We would never know if any investigation was done fairly without the entire report being released, unredacted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump's immature reation that they got WMD's wrong 16 years ago doesn't address the issue and doesn't seem very presidential. So I guess we can assume everything the CIA comes up with is fabricated, if they expose any threat to the US in the future he can dismiss it in the same fashion.

The fact is that the DNC was hacked and their emails were exposed, now who do you suppose leaked them to Wikileaks. Someone definitely took this action just before an election and only to one party depending on if you believe the Homeland Security Chairman's waffle. It would be refreshing for Trump to state that this needs to be investigated as should any US citizen, but here we have Team Trump indicating all the security agencies are fabricating this story.
Trump was correctly pointing out that the CIA has put out highly dubious reports.

I understand you dems are mad that the truth was relieved, and hurt your candidate, but who gave the emails to Wikileaks is not relevant, only the content of the emails mattered.

Do you care who stole, and illegally gave the NYT Trump's tax returns? You dems have shown no interest in finding out who stole Trump's returns, so I can only assume you wouldn't care if it was the Russian, or some other foreign government.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
He did it publicly. There is a bit of a difference.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Do you care who stole, and illegally gave the NYT Trump's tax returns? You dems have shown no interest in finding out who stole Trump's returns, so I can only assume you wouldn't care if it was the Russian, or some other foreign government.
I do care and I would love to see whoever did so caught and punished. That is personal information Mr. Trump did not want released and he was under no obligation to do so.

Don't call me dem, even as an insinuation. Also don't call me right wing. I attempt to stay neutral on politics, but thinking an investigation is a good idea is consistent with that. John McCain agrees with me about an investigation, by the way. Last time I checked, he is not a Democrat.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Step 1. Publish a narrative that the election was undermined by the Russians, founded in no submitted evidence.

Be sure to leave out any context that would mitigate the social and political severity of the statement:

such as the fact that the emails are legitimate,

or that it was actually Obama and Hillary who allowed for the hacking to occur and therefore that it is their incompetence that is now being used to smear Trump and undermine the office of a legitimately elected president; even before he is installed, for the political benefit of the party that just lost.

Step 2. Allow Trump to be rightly dismissive of the evidence-free narrative, in consideration of its presentation in the media.

Step 3. Create a new narrative that holds that there is a "rift" between Trump and the CIA, inferring that Trump is illogically anti-intelligence community and that the intelligence community is politically neutral.

Step 4. Ignore that around 50 leaders of the national intelligence community signed and formally released an anti-Trump document before the election.

Step 5. Ignore that your constant political agitation, based in clumsy propaganda and disproportionate media control, has led to half of the nation hating you to a degree that you are clearly underestimating.

Step 6. Ratchet up the political and social tension, using your yellow journalism and political half-truths, until the nation breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies