Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 12:45 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are misstating what is in the article. The CIA and the FBI agreed to the Russians hacking the sites. The disagreement is whether they deliberately aided Trump. The CIA says the weight of the evidence is that they did. FBI say it is not proven beyond a doubt.
Actually, according to the Washington Post, the CIA did not say they believe the Russians were aiding Trump to get him elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 01:12 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
I'm not sure anyone addressed this and I'm not going to read 42 pages of posts.

Assuming this is all true, the left is upset that Russia hacked the emails of the DNC and revealed them to be lying cheating crooks who will conspire to steal the nomination and the election if possible.

They didn't hack into election machines to change votes or anything, but showed the DNC to be a bunch of scumbags.

Is that about it?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
I'm not sure anyone addressed this and I'm not going to read 42 pages of posts.

Assuming this is all true, the left is upset that Russia hacked the emails of the DNC and revealed them to be lying cheating crooks who will conspire to steal the nomination and the election if possible.

They didn't hack into election machines to change votes or anything, but showed the DNC to be a bunch of scumbags.

Is that about it?
You betcha.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:21 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well at least there will be an investigation, amazing how so many people accepted foreign powers hacking a particular candidates emails because it gave them insight. No issues there??

Not even sure if the report is true but there you go "accepting" it.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:22 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
The Washington Post reported this story.

Hmmm, I wonder who owns the Washington Post.

Nash Holdings LLC

Hmmm, I wonder who created that.

Jeff Bezos.

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a link between Jeff Bezos and the CIA.

Dated 2014, just 2 years ago:

The Details About the CIA's Deal With Amazon - The Atlantic

Quote:
The intelligence community is about to get the equivalent of an adrenaline shot to the chest. This summer, a $600 million computing cloud developed by Amazon Web Services for the Central Intelligence Agency over the past year will begin servicing all 17 agencies that make up the intelligence community. If the technology plays out as officials envision, it will usher in a new era of cooperation and coordination, allowing agencies to share information and services much more easily and avoid the kind of intelligence gaps that preceded the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

For the first time, agencies within the intelligence community will be able to order a variety of on-demand computing and analytic services from the CIA and National Security Agency. What’s more, they’ll only pay for what they use.
I'm sure that $600 million has done a lot in 2 years...enough to, say, lie about Russia?

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/8-thin...out-jeff-bezos
Quote:
He’s donated to mostly Democrats: Bezos has been described by friends as a libertarian, but he’s given donations to mostly Democrats and a few Republicans. That includes Democratic Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell of his home state of Washington, in addition to Democratic Sen. Pat Leahy of Vermont and Democratic Rep. John Conyers of Michigan. Republicans include former Sen. Edward Abraham of Michigan and former Sen. Slade Gorton of Washington. He’s also given regular donations to his Amazon corporate PAC, which donates to both parties.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/88-perc...-went-to-dems/

Quote:
Although not a major political donor, Bezos’ donation history skews Democratic—88 percent of his donations since 1998 have been to Democrats. Bezos has donated $17,000 to political candidates during that period, with only $2,000 to Republicans.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wo...stom_click=rss
Quote:
The Washington Post has built a sizable army of reporters to dig into every facet of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's life, urged on by new owner Jeff Bezos to reveal everything about the potential nominees.
In February, Trump accused Bezos of buying the paper to increase his political influence.
Quote:
[Bezos] bought the Washington Post to have political influence, and I gotta tell you, we have a different country than we used to have. He wanted political influence so that Amazon will benefit from it – that’s not right,” Trump told supporters during a rally in Fort Worth, Texas. “And believe me, if I become president, oh, do they have problems. They’re going to have such problems.”
From Trump:

Quote:
“Every hour we’re getting calls from reporters from The Washington Post asking ridiculous questions,” Trump told Fox News‘ Sean Hannity. “And I will tell you, this is owned as a toy by Jeff Bezos … Amazon is getting away with murder, tax-wise. He’s using The Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don’t tax Amazon like they should be taxed,” he added.
Quote:
“He thinks I’ll go after him for antitrust,” Trump said in his Hannity interview. “Because he’s got a huge antitrust problem because he’s controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing,” he continued.

“He’s using The Washington Post, which is peanuts, he’s using that for political purposes to save Amazon in terms of taxes and in terms of antitrust,” Trump charged.
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rump-challenge

Quote:
...However, despite the predicted spending spree on Black Friday, the rise of Amazon and Bezos now face arguably their biggest challenge yet - Donald Trump.

Throughout the US presidential election campaign, Trump made disparaging comments about Amazon and Bezos, prompting a war of words that looks altogether more serious in the wake of the billionaire tycoon’s victory over Hillary Clinton.

The battle started last December with a series of seemingly unprompted tweets from Trump. “The Washington Post, which loses a fortune, is owned by Jeff Bezos for purposes of keeping taxes down at his no-profit company, Amazon,” Trump wrote. “If Amazon ever had to pay fair taxes, its stock would crash and it would crumble like a paper bag. The Washington Post scam is saving it!”

Always follow the money trail.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 12-11-2016 at 01:48 PM..

Old 12-11-2016, 01:29 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The Washington Post reported this story.

Hmmm, I wonder who owns the Washington Post.

Nash Holdings LLC

Hmmm, I wonder who created that.

Jeff Bezos.

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a link between Jeff Bezos and the CIA.

Dated 2014, just 2 years ago:

The Details About the CIA's Deal With Amazon - The Atlantic

I'm sure that $600 million has done a lot in 2 years...enough to, say, lie about Russia?

8 things you may not know about Jeff Bezos | MSNBC

Always follow the money trail.
More nonsense. Money trails lead everywhere and have little if anything to do with truth.

No particular reason I am aware of why the CIA would favor Clinton. From history they would tend to be Trump supporters. They are not remotely left wing.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
No particular reason I am aware of why the CIA would favor Clinton. From history they would tend to be Trump supporters. They are not remotely left wing.
LOL.

Because it's being run by Obama's people.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:49 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

Because it's being run by Obama's people.
No it is not. The CIA has always been run by its own home grown cadre. The administration has some control at the top but virtually none down a level or so. Every one in a position of authority was there before Obama.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:51 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
More nonsense. Money trails lead everywhere and have little if anything to do with truth.

I wasn't done with my quotes...I hit "submit" on accident. Now go back and re-read.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:57 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is rather interesting, the secret assessment isn't exactly secret anymore. We will see if other major outlets confirm this story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.eec99278b266
Same agency that took the call from Russia that the boston bomber to be was a bad guy, investigated and found nothing?

Same agency that supported WMD's in Iraq?

Same agency who told obama isis was the jv team?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies