Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 07:30 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Wiki is going to come out with a bunch of damaging emails to Trump nominee's and the sides will flip.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the GOP has something to hide and it's brought to light then I have no sympathy for them. Hasn't happened yet though, so we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 07:31 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are going to release them on Trump's nominee's.
Yes, if the goal is to discredit the United States and our institutions rather than to get at Clinton or the democrats then the next target is the Trump administration. Can you imagine all the dirt that these billionaire business people have been involved in from sex scandals, extra-marital affairs to illegal deals to god knows what - much of which resides on computers that have little, if any, security? Putin will find it, Putin will leak it. Trumpies will soon discover that Trump's love for Putin is unrequited.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:32 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, don't post fake news sites like the Washington Post.
ROTFLMAO!

Somehow I knew that someone would say that...of course...a bit of research would show you that, sadly, this news ain't fake.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the GOP has something to hide and it's brought to light then I have no sympathy for them. Hasn't happened yet though, so we'll see.
Will you blame the Russians and call those that benefit communist sympathizers?

Old 12-11-2016, 07:34 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
ROTFLMAO!

Somehow I knew that someone would say that...of course...a bit of research would show you that, sadly, this news ain't fake.
show me the "bit of research" that led you to a clear conclusion that "this news ain't fake."

Old 12-11-2016, 07:35 AM

981 posts, read 900,337 times
I'm not a Trump supporter and didnt vote for him, but I felt the partisan cat was out of the bag the minute it was leaked the CIA had intelligence and the Democrats were talking about the Russians non stop to try to deflect the content of the emails. If the CIA and WH had released actual proof it might have detracted slightly from the partisan feel although I dont think it would have brought more people back to Hillary as it was the content that was the bigger issue not who brought it to light. And with the Obamas out and about campaigning loudly for HRC no one was really questioning that some element of partisin politics was in play. I feel the DNC continues to underestimate the impact of how they undermined Bernie's campaign and how that made them the party of the status quo and Big Washington. At its core, this election was about change and the DNC missed that completely starting to nail their coffin shut during the primaries.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes, if the goal is to discredit the United States and our institutions rather than to get at Clinton or the democrats then the next target is the Trump administration. Can you imagine all the dirt that these billionaire business people have been involved in from sex scandals, extra-marital affairs to illegal deals to god knows what - much of which resides on computers that have little, if any, security? Putin will find it, Putin will leak it. Trumpies will soon discover that Trump's love for Putin is unrequited.
There is nothing wrong with getting along with Russia. They were even right about Syria while we were absolutely wrong.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:39 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
ROTFLMAO!

There has been no evidence provided that Russia interfered with the election, so this is more fake news by the msm.

The part of this story that is true, is when Trump said the CIA was wrong about WMDs in Iraqi. The CIA pushes the propaganda the establishment wants, even if it is completely make up nonsense.

You would be much better off disregarding fake news sites like the WP.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:40 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter and didnt vote for him, but I felt the partisan cat was out of the bag the minute it was leaked the CIA had intelligence and the Democrats were talking about the Russians non stop to try to deflect the content of the emails. If the CIA and WH had released actual proof it might have detracted slightly from the partisan feel although I dont think it would have brought more people back to Hillary as it was the content that was the bigger issue not who brought it to light. And with the Obamas out and about campaigning loudly for HRC no one was really questioning that some element of partisin politics was in play. I feel the DNC continues to underestimate the impact of how they undermined Bernie's campaign and how that made them the party of the status quo and Big Washington. At its core, this election was about change and the DNC missed that completely starting to nail their coffin shut during the primaries.
The Bernie factor that the Russians exposed might have made a difference at least in Michigan where 60,000 voters selected Stein in a state Trump took by less than 10,000. If only 1 in 6 of those Stein voters were so off-put by what they perceived was unfair treatment of Sanders that they would not vote for Clinton, then Putin accomplished what he set out to do.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Bernie factor that the Russians exposed might have made a difference at least in Michigan where 60,000 voters selected Stein in a state Trump took by less than 10,000. If only 1 in 6 of those Stein voters were so off-put by what they perceived was unfair treatment of Sanders that they would not vote for Clinton, then Putin accomplished what he set out to do.
Sorry, this is NOT the fault of the Russians. This is the fault of the (D)'s. Dont run a corrupt, incompetent candidate and be surprised when they lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies