Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 05:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You are deflecting by bringing up an issue that is no longer relevant - what happened to Sanders at the hands of the DNC. It is certainly not relevant to this topic and thread.
It absolutely does. There were many of us that supported Sanders that absolutely refused to vote for a candidate (Hillary) that talked up war with Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 05:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
it's late and I'm turning in. all I can say is that dems better watch their backs in their communities if this gets out of control due to their hate-speak and un-American ways. freedom of speech is one thing and spreading false information is another. there are a lot of good old boys with good aim itching to have a face to face with people that don't want existing laws enforced and that seek to undermine a fair election.
LOL! Yes, people - R or D - who are concerned that a foreign country interceded in our national elections are the ones who are UnAmerican. GMAFB

Old 12-11-2016, 05:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
May I also add that, in my opinion, its no small coincidence that Trump nominated Rex Tillerson as SOS. A man who has extremely close ties with Russia, so much so that he was awarded the Order of Friendship decoration. An award that recognizes foreigners for contributions to "betterment of relations with the Russian Federation and its people." But you're right. Probably nothing. Just a fun little coininky dink.
Exactly what is wrong with getting along with Russia? I may have a problem with his background but what is wrong with getting along with the rest of the world?

Old 12-11-2016, 05:59 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
.... extremely close ties with Russia, .....
So what exactly does this mean, good or bad?

Old 12-11-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The"left" has condemned the CIA for decades. This is the stuff I hate. They are no different just because they hit on one small thing you agree with or you feel benefits you.

And yes, I can find all sorts of similar things the "right" does.
Yes, because blind trust and agreement with all things any organization or person is the smart way to think. Right? I applauded the CIA when they told GWB there were no WMDs in Iraq too.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:02 AM

[quote=BeerGeek40;46469131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I'll name you plenty. Worse than Trump:
Jeb Bush
Lindsey Graham
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
Ted Cruz
Carly Fiorina
Ben Carson

And that's just on the R side of things. Every establishment D I can think of would had been a worse choice than the Donald, so I'm not going to bother listing them.
I disagree. I could live with a Jeb Bush or Rand Paul presidency. I don't think this level of instability would be happening if one of them got the primary nod and/or won the election.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:02 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
Washington Post now admits its “fake news” story relied on… get this… a FAKE news source

Old 12-11-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It absolutely does. There were many of us that supported Sanders that absolutely refused to vote for a candidate (Hillary) that talked up war with Russia.
Yes and now we have Trump. Good job. Totes worth it.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So what exactly does this mean, good or bad?

In light of everything else we know - BAD.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:07 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House
Okay I'm sure much of this has been said already, but here's my take on this.
  1. I still don't care who won, but I do think that all of this hysteria is doing significant damage to the integrity of our electoral system.
  2. First it's suspiciously late-hour recounts. Now it's hacking.
  3. If this doesn't prevent Trump from being inaugurated, what will the Dems try next??
  4. Why wasn't this big news a lot sooner than now? The timing is awfully suspicious.
  5. I don't really care so much about Trump in particular. I'm more troubled by the damage done to our electoral process.
  6. We're hearing a lot of vagaries about Russian hacking. Why are no specifics being offered? Is it because we don't have any?
  7. Why are the FBI and CIA not in agreement here if it's so clear and obvious?
  8. If we're talking about messing with vote totals, then I'm outraged. If we're talking about shining the light of day on Clinton and the DNC's corruption, then it's no different than any journalist getting a hot lead on shady political dealings.
  9. If that's what we're talking about, you can't stuff the genie back in the bottle. The American people now know all about it and you can't just erase it from their collective memories.
  10. At the end of the day, any entity with their own biased agenda should never be allowed to interfere in our election process.
  11. CNN, the New York Times, MSNBC, ABC News, CBS News and countless others actively tried to get Hillary elected and actively did everything they could to stop Trump.
  12. The same can be said for the EU countries and countless of your more liberal nations in the world.
  13. This is just as unacceptable as Russian interference. What is being done about that and where is the outrage -- especially in regard to the news media bias?
  14. The DNC, the Clintons and all Democrats need to up their cyber-security game significantly. If you got hacked, then the blame is primarily on you.
  15. We all remember Mitt Romney's 47% quote. Very few people remember that is was just as illegally gotten as the hacks this year.
  16. The information gathering by the DNC to get that Romney quote was almost exactly like the whole Watergate fiasco and just as illegal.
  17. For some reason we didn't have a do-over election in 1972 and 2012. For some reason, there was no Watergate-like witch-hunt sent after the Obama Administration or the DNC or anyone else in 2012. Why is that?
  18. I would be 100% in favor of the elections being completely free of biased meddling across the board. How about we make that a goal for 2020?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies