Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 04:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is rather interesting, the secret assessment isn't exactly secret anymore. We will see if other major outlets confirm this story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.eec99278b266
Good. If they got the DNC's and Clinton's criminal emails out for all to see -- thank you Mr. Putin.
Trump definitely means better relations with Russia than Hillary would have.
In a dangerous world, I fail to see why that is a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 04:48 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Good. If they got the DNC's and Clinton's criminal emails out for all to see -- thank you Mr. Putin.
Trump definitely means better relations with Russia than Hillary would have.
In a dangerous world, I fail to see why that is a bad thing.
Still waiting for any evidence of Hillary's criminality (something beside those "Pizza" parties).

Oh and interfering in a US election by a foreign power is fine as long as your guy wins ?

Old 12-11-2016, 04:49 AM

[quote=don1945;46467315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
I did say as well. I didn't like either one but voted the lesser of two evils. It was a pretty lousy choice.

What gets me is the refusal of Hillary supporters to accept that she lost.[/quote]

No, we are refusing to believe that Donald Trump WON ! I would have believed any one except Donald Trump could win. If there was a worse choice in this universe, I could not name him.

I'll name you plenty. Worse than Trump:
Jeb Bush
Lindsey Graham
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
Ted Cruz
Carly Fiorina
Ben Carson

And that's just on the R side of things. Every establishment D I can think of would had been a worse choice than the Donald, so I'm not going to bother listing them.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Still waiting for any evidence of Hillary's criminality (something beside those "Pizza" parties).

Oh and interfering in a US election by a foreign power is fine as long as your guy wins ?
You don't think we interfere in foreign elections??
1973 Chile for example.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:04 AM

587 posts, read 305,110 times
Zero evidence in russian hack
Zero evidence " Confirmed"

Old 12-11-2016, 05:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
A few thoughts about the "Russian" hacks:

I still think the CIA is full of it. In fact, I'm more apt to think the CIA did it. Put the election issue aside and think about this logically. Would you say that if you were a government hacker spy, you'd be smart enough to make it look like someone else did it? Then how is it that it was so easy to discern it was the Russian government that did it? That they figuratively left their fingerprints all over it? If you are a Russian hacker spy, why not make it look like the Chinese, Iranians or North Koreans did it? I just can not believe that Russian spies would be so obvious in making sure you knew it was them. It's horsesh**!

"Intelligence officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an issue under investigation, said there is little doubt that agents of the Russian government hacked the Democratic National Committee, and the White House was informed months ago of Moscow’s culpability." July 27, 2016 The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.27e85b05f189

1) No mention of why American Intelligence was sniffing around the DNC in the first place.
2) No mention of why the administration didn't tell the public when they knew.
3) No mention if Sanders was told.
4) No mention of why Dems didn't let Debbie Wasserman Schultz go at the time they knew.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin repeatedly accused Hillary Clinton when she was secretary of state of interfering in Moscow’s affairs — and if Russian security was behind last week’s release through WikiLeaks of the hacked Democratic National Committee emails, it would look a lot like Kremlin payback. Even if the breach was carried out by a mid-level intelligence official acting on his own initiative, hoping to please his boss, disclosures that seemingly raise questions about the legitimacy of Clinton’s nomination speak directly to Putin’s complaints about her."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.62e2abcd7b84

Now, I ask you, if Russia wanted to throw the Election to Trump, why hack the DNC and Podesta? Those were snarky embarrassing titillating e-mails but hardly anything to take Clinton down. If they wanted to do that, why not hack her e-mails or Foundation e-mails?

Assange said he had some Trump stuff but what Trump said publicly was more outrageous than anything he had and therefore of no value to Assange.

Also, seemingly unrelated, why has no one in the media shed much light on why a former CIA (National Clandestine Service) operations (McMullin) guy ran as an independent during the 2016 presidential election? (Romney had his hands in it which is yet another reason why Trump has to 86 Romney.) I think the lib media didn't want to ask too many questions because it was designed to hurt Trump but what's wrong with the non-lib media?

I still think the Russian boogeyman hackers story is a CIA influenced fairytale. I just don't know why.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
This is pure B.S. put out by the Clinton campaign. If anything, Russia would have been desirous of Clinton winning, not Trump, because of the weak policies of the last eight years, which she would have continued. Putin knows Trump will be tough.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Is it really a surprise that the Russians would want the candidate what wasn't pushing to go to war with them or was it a bigger surprise that the (D)'s would back another (D) wanting to get us into even more wars?

Old 12-11-2016, 05:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
What exactly am I deflecting? LOL...I made one post in this thread and you responded with one word before posting your links. It sounds like you are deflecting your rage. Why are you so quick to believe what the media says now when you and your fellow supporters of Bernie were pawns in their game to elect Hillary? I haven't seen definitive proof that Russia was responsible for the outcome of millions of US voters, but I have seen definitive proof from our own media that they were pushing for Hillary. Did you somehow miss that?
You are deflecting by bringing up an issue that is no longer relevant - what happened to Sanders at the hands of the DNC. It is certainly not relevant to this topic and thread.

Yes, I responded with the word "cute" because that is all I could muster for BS memes that provide no context to the issue at hand.

I, unlike you, do not believe the whole of the MSM, is out to get us. You feel differently? Fine by me.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
What exactly am I deflecting? LOL...I made one post in this thread and you responded with one word before posting your links. It sounds like you are deflecting your rage. Why are you so quick to believe what the media says now when you and your fellow supporters of Bernie were pawns in their game to elect Hillary? I haven't seen definitive proof that Russia was responsible for the outcome of millions of US voters, but I have seen definitive proof from our own media that they were pushing for Hillary. Did you somehow miss that?
May I also add that, in my opinion, its no small coincidence that Trump nominated Rex Tillerson as SOS. A man who has extremely close ties with Russia, so much so that he was awarded the Order of Friendship decoration. An award that recognizes foreigners for contributions to "betterment of relations with the Russian Federation and its people." But you're right. Probably nothing. Just a fun little coininky dink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies