Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 09:23 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
....read and decide...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c7ac01170bae

Yes..I know it's the WP
Good. The CIA are about as trustworthy as child molesters. In fact, they might be sacrificing chickens to Moloch.

Dr. Craig Roberts has said the CIA kept trying to steer President Regaen in a certain direction and so the President secretly appointed him and a few others to investigate the CIA's claims. They found that the CIA were lying.

The CIA also helped bring in cocaine and spread crack throughout Black-American neighborhoods. But I bet they lie about that. If those evil little orchs could they would blame it on Putin and Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 09:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You would rather have Hillary in and start a war and see young men die, than have Trump in who doesn't want war, wants to reasonably enforce existing laws and wants to make America great again. Says a lot about the other side.
Um didn't Trump say bomb the crap out of them and is willing to open the football, yet he "don't want war"? WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Old 12-11-2016, 09:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Um didn't Trump say bomb the crap out of them and is willing to open the football, yet he "don't want war"? WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Since you ask question. No he didn't say that.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:29 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Fake News **2

Old 12-11-2016, 09:32 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Since you ask question. No he didn't say that.
Prove that he hasn't said that. I've seen those videos and a Hillary ad included those comments.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:35 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Because Hillary's IT guy disputes it?

Sure thing.

Maybe we can also "rethink" our narratives on the word of the criminals who rob banks and murder people as well.
Sure. It makes more sense for it to be on a bathroom than at a hosting site. Clearly, it must have been her bathroom. Of course, the fact that sounds ridiculous and less credible has nothing to do with why you cling to it /sarcasm

Old 12-11-2016, 09:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
More interesting than the WaPo piece, which frankly hasn't gotten over the election results, is this article in the Politico.

Intel world struggles to crack the code of an untrusting Trump - POLITICO

Trump doesn't trust the CIA, and why should he? If you believe the WaPo story, it appears the CIA has it out for Trump. These are dangerous waters.

And I love you libs pushing this WaPo story for all its worth. Remember how critical you all were over the CIA's reports on Saddam's weapons of mass destruction? But now, because it fits your ideological viewpoint or you just can't accept America's rejection of Hillary you're pushing this story for all it's worth.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Prove that he hasn't said that. I've seen those videos and a Hillary ad included those comments.
Ahh. Hillary told you. I see what you did.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:42 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
So you are conceding that the hacking took place...just that we, as a country, should do nothing, because Obama was President?
That hacking took place has been undeniable for some time, unless one lives in a bubble. There have been consistent hacked email releases for months now.

Quote:
I'd say..that the Russians are responsible for their own actions...if a person leaves his door unlocked..it is careless..but he is not responsible for the burglary--that is the responsibility of the burglar.
That's absolutely wrong from the perspective of any reasonable American adult who does not live in an illusory version of the world.

All governments hack and will continue to hack as a matter of opportunity, to include this one.

The only reasonable, mature view is that the people who have to be held accountable in this nation are those who:

allow hacking either through flouting the law on handling classified information, as Clinton has repeatedly done, or

who fail to prevent hacking as a failure of their job responsibility.

So yes, when everyone is a burglar, to include yourself, that makes all burglar-homeowners primarily responsible and accountable for preventing the burglary.

Though also, I will state, that the home burglary metaphor is inadequate to describe the complexities of international relations and espionage.

Quote:
This is not a Left/Right thing to me..this is an attack on my country...and we should severely sanction Russia...not kiss their azz.
That's how it could have gone, but it didn't thanks to the MSM. This is being spun to delegitimize the election and undermine Trump's office.

If you wanted to get on-board with denouncing how this is being handled, then I could theoretically get on board with your view provided that it would be expressed more specifically and less emotionally in order to facilitate measured action that is non-politicized.

But that's not how this has gone.

Since this is being used to attack Trump, the other side of this story must be again highlighted. That is: Hillary's role and this administration's failure in preventing the hacks. More immorally still, this is being used as a weapon after Clinton was let off of the hook for it - and let off of the hook by Trump as well. Lesson learned on his end, I suppose. Don't worry, we won't let anyone forget those central facts.

Beyond these considerations, there is no political sense nor will for sanctioning Russia, the other major superpower in the world, for what there is no hard evidence for. There is also little justification for doing so, in the hypothetical instance that they did do this, for merely releasing legitimate email communication that had bad things in it that, ignoring the hacking source, the American public should be made aware of.

What if Russia broke Watergate, revealed a Spy Ring in America, or revealed large scale banking fraud? Would you be as dismissive of the information in light of the source?

Sure, you might tighten up security afterward. But you wouldn't blame the people who benefit from the legitimate information of the hack: the democrats, the American people, or the bank customers? Would you?

Moreover, that those 'bad things' damaged the democratic party makes their current actions to undermine the presidency because of the email release seem to be berserker level attack after the election was lost. It seems unhinged.

After eight years of most of the Left living in their wildest fantasy as far as the POTUS is concerned, I'd think that they might be more conciliatory, or at least less crazy, in light of a Right Wing win. I suppose that, for them, the game is now all or nothing.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Sure. It makes more sense for it to be on a bathroom than at a hosting site. Clearly, it must have been her bathroom. Of course, the fact that sounds ridiculous and less credible has nothing to do with why you cling to it /sarcasm
I fail to read a fact based point in your response. I only read, as you say, emotional sarcasm about what "sounds" right. Whereas, the source that you cited for your assertion, the guy who ran the server, is clearly bereft of credibility given his role and potential liability. That lack of credibility is a hard fact.

Find me another, more objective, source for the location and then I'll give it to you. Before you quoted the guy who is on the hook for running the server, the general assertion cross all media is that the server was in the bathroom.

Edit: Also, you almost got me. Good one.

Arguing about where the serves was, whether it was in a bathroom or a server farm, does not change the fact that the location was highly illegal and more prone to hacking that would it have been if the server was where it was supposed to be. She set the server up, whether it was in the bathroom or in a rack somewhere, to evade detection for illicit actions and communications that she was undertaking. Regardless of the location that we are arguing over, she is a criminal for flouting the classified material handling procedures, she is ineligible for presidential level security clearance for doing so, and she's a liar on an issue that entails the compromise of national security.

Last edited by golgi1; 12-11-2016 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies