Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 06:56 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Russia did help Trump win the election. Trump asked Putin to find Clinton emails. This isn't new news, it's old news.
Please site a valid believable source, some proof ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 07:12 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Default Latest on growing rift between Trump and the CIA....

....read and decide...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c7ac01170bae

Yes..I know it's the WP

Old 12-11-2016, 07:12 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Okay I'm sure much of this has been said already, but here's my take on this.
  1. I still don't care who won, but I do think that all of this hysteria is doing significant damage to the integrity of our electoral system.
  2. First it's suspiciously late-hour recounts. Now it's hacking.
  3. If this doesn't prevent Trump from being inaugurated, what will the Dems try next??
  4. Why wasn't this big news a lot sooner than now? The timing is awfully suspicious.
  5. I don't really care so much about Trump in particular. I'm more troubled by the damage done to our electoral process.
  6. We're hearing a lot of vagaries about Russian hacking. Why are no specifics being offered? Is it because we don't have any?
  7. Why are the FBI and CIA not in agreement here if it's so clear and obvious?
  8. If we're talking about messing with vote totals, then I'm outraged. If we're talking about shining the light of day on Clinton and the DNC's corruption, then it's no different than any journalist getting a hot lead on shady political dealings.
  9. If that's what we're talking about, you can't stuff the genie back in the bottle. The American people now know all about it and you can't just erase it from their collective memories.
  10. At the end of the day, any entity with their own biased agenda should never be allowed to interfere in our election process.
  11. CNN, the New York Times, MSNBC, ABC News, CBS News and countless others actively tried to get Hillary elected and actively did everything they could to stop Trump.
  12. The same can be said for the EU countries and countless of your more liberal nations in the world.
  13. This is just as unacceptable as Russian interference. What is being done about that and where is the outrage -- especially in regard to the news media bias?
  14. The DNC, the Clintons and all Democrats need to up their cyber-security game significantly. If you got hacked, then the blame is primarily on you.
  15. We all remember Mitt Romney's 47% quote. Very few people remember that is was just as illegally gotten as the hacks this year.
  16. The information gathering by the DNC to get that Romney quote was almost exactly like the whole Watergate fiasco and just as illegal.
  17. For some reason we didn't have a do-over election in 1972 and 2012. For some reason, there was no Watergate-like witch-hunt sent after the Obama Administration or the DNC or anyone else in 2012. Why is that?
  18. I would be 100% in favor of the elections being completely free of biased meddling across the board. How about we make that a goal for 2020?
Great post.

Liberals don't care if information was illegally gotten against Romney and they don't care if the hacked emails showed mass corruption.

Liberals don't care that Putin endorsed Obama and Obama promised Putin more flexibility, but they do care that Putin wanted Trump to win. Obama outperformed the polls in the swing states - perhaps Russia hacked that vote too?

Perhaps we can use this as an impetus to secure 2020's vote.

-Check to make sure it is only US citizens and no one is double registered.
-No Soros vote counters.
-Paper Ballots only.
-Photo ID and free photo IDs for the poor.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:17 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
I agree, but why wasn't this done before the election took place? Given that this Russian hack accusation came out when Wikileaks really got rolling, if there is truth here that the CIA has intelligence to confirm this (and I am not saying they don't as I suspect both Russia and the US are hacking key political figures computers pretty much on a daily basis) why wasn't this fully exposed and addressed (meaning CIA would release factual evidence supporting the claim) prior to Nov 8th? At this point it seems like another last minute attempt to derail election results, as the democratic senators are pushing Obama now that they don't like outcome of election.
It wasn't addressed because there were concerns that the revelation of such information would appear partisan in nature (much like Comey's revelation). If this headline had broken on October 28th, I suspect heads would have exploded, much in the same way heads exploded when Comey's letter broke (which didn't even state a conclusion).

Old 12-11-2016, 07:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Wiki is going to come out with a bunch of damaging emails to Trump nominee's and the sides will flip.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Wiki is going to come out with a bunch of damaging emails to Trump nominee's and the sides will flip.
Well, I hear wiki still has more emails but will be waiting till the next mid terms begin.....you know since the dems have to fight for more seats than the repubs....

Old 12-11-2016, 07:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, I hear wiki still has more emails but will be waiting till the next mid terms begin.....you know since the dems have to fight for more seats than the repubs....
They are going to release them on Trump's nominee's.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:26 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Great post.

Liberals don't care if information was illegally gotten against Romney and they don't care if the hacked emails showed mass corruption.

Liberals don't care that Putin endorsed Obama and Obama promised Putin more flexibility, but they do care that Putin wanted Trump to win. Obama outperformed the polls in the swing states - perhaps Russia hacked that vote too?

Perhaps we can use this as an impetus to secure 2020's vote.

-Check to make sure it is only US citizens and no one is double registered.
-No Soros vote counters.
-Paper Ballots only.
-Photo ID and free photo IDs for the poor.
RACIST!!! BLARG!!!

Okay totally kidding. I just couldn't resist. Honestly I do not comprehend the whole, "Voter ID laws are racist" crap. As long as they can be obtained easily and at no cost, then I don't understand why they'd be a bad thing. Might have stopped corrupt Detroiters from trying to stuff the ballot box this year. Seems to me that rural voters would be more likely to be disenfranchised by such laws as they can't get to the DMV or on the Internet as easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

Old 12-11-2016, 07:29 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
....read and decide...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c7ac01170bae

Yes..I know it's the WP
Yes, don't post fake news sites like the Washington Post.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:29 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,723 times
You want us to "read and decide" but yet, it's so sad that Americans can't make decisions on their own with regards to hacking. Poor white men reading alt-media sites can't figure things out on their own and have been duped. Oh what America we have where people can't decide on their own. But when it supports the MSM....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies