Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 11:52 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I wish him well too. I had hoped he would begin speaking in a manner that brings Americans together. Instead, he seems to be on a mission to keep up divided. I think he'll run his administration like a reality TV show - with endless controversies and conflict. It's a great way to distract from the real work he should be doing. But I will remain open-minded and continue to hope that he becomes a better man.
Liberal double speak. When you contradict and prove yourself a hypocrite in one paragraph. Lol, great way to stay open minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 12:56 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
BS , Hillary had over two million more votes ,her's for sure would have been higher....hell it still is.
Then how come she didnt win the general?

You're exhibiting the typical lib vs. reality syndrome, that has so many the world over, laughing at the libs' "superior intellect".

Trump won.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 12-31-2016 at 01:14 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 01:00 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
I wish him well too. I had hoped he would begin speaking in a manner that brings Americans together. Instead, he seems to be on a mission to keep up divided. I think he'll run his administration like a reality TV show - with endless controversies and conflict. It's a great way to distract from the real work he should be doing. But I will remain open-minded and continue to hope that he becomes a better man.
Don't we all?

Have you seen Trump's New Year's tweet:

Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!

A regular Abraham Lincoln.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:00 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Trump's approval rating is the lowest of any incoming president in nearly 25 years

Yeah that's what the Liberals want people to believe and Trump couldn't win either LOL we laugh at the fools playing with crayons and bubbles.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:06 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
This has got to be the worst bunch of winners I've ever heard of.

See, the way it works is, you talk smack before the game, not after it.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You are way ahead of yourself.Mr Trump will ensure that 2018 is a Democratic year.
I'm a Democrat and I don't think that's so. 2018 is not very favorable to Democrats with 25 seats to defend while Republicans only having 8. By 2020, Republicans will have absolutely no one to blame and the country may well grow to dislike Trump intensely. Someone that openly hateful who taunts, calls people names and childishly uses Twitter gets very old. I don't think Trump is going to wear well on the country at all. Further, with Republicans in complete control of the country for the next four years, with no checks or balances and the equivalent of a monarchy, reduction of entitlements, etc., will likely be much better for Democrats. That's my guess anyway.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:10 PM

638 posts, read 310,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

The game isn't really over yet. When liberals stop grasping at straws and whining about the irrelevant, then we can simply call it a win and put the whole thing to bed.

But as long a people are still citing the popular vote and attempting recounts, the chatter continues.

Can't have it both ways.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:16 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

And after the game, the loser shuts up, and goes away til the next contest.

When the winner gets that, maybe the loser will get some peace. Until then.......

CN

Old 12-31-2016, 01:16 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
And what specifically has Trump done to keep us divided? So far what I've seen is your media buddies doing everything they can to divide the country and spew hate, just like they've done for years.

To paraphrase your president Obama, that great example of bringing people together: Elections have consequences and you can ride in the back of the bus.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:24 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
The game isn't really over yet. When liberals stop grasping at straws and whining about the irrelevant, then we can simply call it a win and put the whole thing to bed.

But as long a people are still citing the popular vote and attempting recounts, the chatter continues.

Can't have it both ways.
When a man like Trump taunts his own country and calls them names while praising Vladimir Putin, it is not a winning recipe. And as bad as Trump is, which is shockingly bad, his supporters are almost worse. They have taken a very divisive, vicious election year and made it so much worse over the last two months. When Trump supporters call the other side a tumor that needs to be removed, new lows have been reached.

While I don't think Trump is going to do much for the country and I doubt the Rust Belt is going to see much change, the last two months have also impacted my empathy for them, and that's pretty hard to do. I guess congratulations are due to Trump and his supporters for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies