Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 07:49 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Wow, how did he even win? Every poll from his first primary to his presidential victory had him losing, but he won And why do we believe this poll??
He won because of a low voter turnout. Even some Republicans don't like him. If voter turnout had been what it was during 2008 and 2012, I suspect the results would have been different. Even a 3rd party candidate might have had a fighting chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 07:53 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He won because of a low voter turnout. Even some Republicans don't like him. If voter turnout had been what it was during 2008 and 2012, I suspect the results would have been different. Even a 3rd party candidate might have had a fighting chance.
i keep hearing this excuse.

Trump got more votes than Romney.
Hillary got LESS votes than obama

The left did not turn out to vote b/c their candidate was incredibly uninspiring, condescending, and obviously ill.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:56 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1vamantim View Post
sounds like a indication of how much liberal hatred exists in America because it isn't those deplorables that hate him .

65,800.000................That is alot hate out there.Get use to it.Trump campaigned on it, well he is getting his wish.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I wish him well too. I had hoped he would begin speaking in a manner that brings Americans together. Instead, he seems to be on a mission to keep up divided. I think he'll run his administration like a reality TV show - with endless controversies and conflict. It's a great way to distract from the real work he should be doing. But I will remain open-minded and continue to hope that he becomes a better man.
You dreamer! What you see is what you get with Trump. He'll never rise to be a thoughtful, intelligent, classy President.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1vamantim View Post
sounds like a indication of how much liberal hatred exists in America because it isn't those deplorables that hate him .
The deplorables WILL hate him when he doesn't perform as he promised them...

Old 12-22-2016, 08:03 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The deplorables WILL hate him when he doesn't perform as he promised them...

Agree and it has all ready started.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
i keep hearing this excuse.

Trump got more votes than Romney.
Hillary got LESS votes than obama

The left did not turn out to vote b/c their candidate was incredibly uninspiring, condescending, and obviously ill.
Hillary lost because of the Comey e-mail controversy right before the election. The FBI is notoriously anti-Hillary and did what they could do to defeat her. That agency needs to be thoroughly investigated, especially the New York office.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:06 AM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
"Trump's approval rating hovers around 48%, which is at least 17 percentage points lower than the lowest approval rating that any of the past three presidents had during his transition.

George W. Bush had a 65% approval rating when he first took office, Bill Clinton took office with a 67% rating, and Barack Obama entered with a 75% rating."

Trump's approval rating lowest of last 3 incoming presidents - Business Insider

His supporters may still be in the orgasmic stage, but the rest of America has problems with him. Does Trump care? Probably not. Will he do anything at all to bring Americans together? I doubt it. And again, his followers couldn't care less.
Trump won. None of the crying about it matters.

President Trump.

Roll that around in your mouth.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:10 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,246 times
OP...I'm surprised it is that high. I would have thought it to be the lowest in history.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
"Trump's approval rating hovers around 48%, which is at least 17 percentage points lower than the lowest approval rating that any of the past three presidents had during his transition.

George W. Bush had a 65% approval rating when he first took office, Bill Clinton took office with a 67% rating, and Barack Obama entered with a 75% rating."

Trump's approval rating lowest of last 3 incoming presidents - Business Insider

His supporters may still be in the orgasmic stage, but the rest of America has problems with him. Does Trump care? Probably not. Will he do anything at all to bring Americans together? I doubt it. And again, his followers couldn't care less.
Really do we need more fake news posts and who cares about this...just a liberal! Lots of people call themselves "Independent or Democrat who is not biased"....but threads disclose their true colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies