Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 11:23 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There ya go. What the posters above are saying is that they couldn't care less about the well-being of their fellow Americans. And of course, they deny legitimate polling from an organization like Gallup. The only news they trust is the fake news that they get from Breitbart.

Sorry. You are incorrect. What the posters above are saying is whatever they said .. nothing more .. nothing less - but, frankly, many of us are getting a bit tired of having people like you 'interpret' what we are saying (and doing it wrong every darned time). Nobody said anything like they 'couldn't care less about the well-being of their fellow Americans'!

What gives you that special insight into our minds, sources, opinions and intentions - and the right to restate what we meant .. and for whom are you doing that? Surely even your liberal friends can read and use their own minds to decide what we mean when we speak?

Why though should I care about any president's 'approval rating'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 11:23 PM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
"Trump's approval rating hovers around 48%, which is at least 17 percentage points lower than the lowest approval rating that any of the past three presidents had during his transition.

George W. Bush had a 65% approval rating when he first took office, Bill Clinton took office with a 67% rating, and Barack Obama entered with a 75% rating."

Trump's approval rating lowest of last 3 incoming presidents - Business Insider

His supporters may still be in the orgasmic stage, but the rest of America has problems with him. Does Trump care? Probably not. Will he do anything at all to bring Americans together? I doubt it. And again, his followers couldn't care less.
Wow, how did he even win? Every poll from his first primary to his presidential victory had him losing, but he won And why do we believe this poll??

Old 12-21-2016, 11:35 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Wow, how did he even win? Every poll from his first primary to his presidential victory had him losing, but he won And why do we believe this poll??
Yep, the polls are tools to persuade public opinion, not a gauge of it.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Because its actually higher then average for the polls. RCP puts it around 43% or so. And that is unlikely to change much. I think the highest rated poll was Reuters at 52% or so. That one came out today, but its the extreme outlier.

As for why I care, I have money saying he won't make it to 45% on the real clear politics average by the 31st.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:46 PM

638 posts, read 310,662 times
So you're saying that Trump's approval rating pretty much mirrors the number of votes he received in the popular vote? YA DON'T SAY!!!

Because after a month and a half of not being president, not leading the country, and waiting to take office, I was sure he could win over more people.

Surprising.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:02 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
I wish him well too. I had hoped he would begin speaking in a manner that brings Americans together. Instead, he seems to be on a mission to keep up divided. I think he'll run his administration like a reality TV show - with endless controversies and conflict. It's a great way to distract from the real work he should be doing. But I will remain open-minded and continue to hope that he becomes a better man.

RCP shows a dramatic shift in Trump's support starting November 8.

He has moved from an RCP average 21% unfavorable to a 5% unfavorable.

The latest poll (Reuters/Ipsos), gives Trump a net 4% favorable rating.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump: Favorable/Unfavorable

Old 12-22-2016, 12:10 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
"Trump's approval rating hovers around 48%, which is at least 17 percentage points lower than the lowest approval rating that any of the past three presidents had during his transition.

George W. Bush had a 65% approval rating when he first took office, Bill Clinton took office with a 67% rating, and Barack Obama entered with a 75% rating."

Trump's approval rating lowest of last 3 incoming presidents - Business Insider

His supporters may still be in the orgasmic stage, but the rest of America has problems with him. Does Trump care? Probably not. Will he do anything at all to bring Americans together? I doubt it. And again, his followers couldn't care less.
I'm surprised that his approval rating is as high as 48%. I wonder what it might be in a year, if he lasts that long in office?

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 12-22-2016 at 12:21 AM..

Old 12-22-2016, 12:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Because its actually higher then average for the polls. RCP puts it around 43% or so. And that is unlikely to change much. I think the highest rated poll was Reuters at 52% or so. That one came out today, but its the extreme outlier.

As for why I care, I have money saying he won't make it to 45% on the real clear politics average by the 31st.
Are you actually gambling on this stuff?

Old 12-22-2016, 12:19 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you actually gambling on this stuff?
Theres few elements of chance so its both legal, and not considered gambling. So yes. My rate of return so far has been good. I did especially well predicting that there would be faithless electors for example.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:26 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Did you hear, Trump doesn't have a chance of getting the GOP nomination or of beating Hillary.
No path to victory. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies