Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 01:26 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Trump's approval rating hovers around 48%, which is at least 17 percentage points lower than the lowest approval rating that any of the past three presidents had during his transition.

George W. Bush had a 65% approval rating when he first took office, Bill Clinton took office with a 67% rating, and Barack Obama entered with a 75% rating."

Trump's approval rating lowest of last 3 incoming presidents - Business Insider

His supporters may still be in the orgasmic stage, but the rest of America has problems with him. Does Trump care? Probably not. Will he do anything at all to bring Americans together? I doubt it. And again, his followers couldn't care less.
So let me get this straight, barack obama took office with a 75% approval rating??? He barely won the presidency and lost the white vote badly in both elections but he entered the presidency with a 75% approval rating? Lol. Polling is absolutely corrupt in this country, the fiasco predicting the hillary victory proved that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 01:29 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
So let me get this straight, barack obama took office with a 75% approval rating??? He barely won the presidency and lost the white vote badly in both elections but he entered the presidency with a 75% approval rating? Lol. Polling is absolutely corrupt in this country, the fiasco predicting the hillary victory proved that.
There you go confusing libs with facts again.

Libs are vaccinated against facts at an early age. Logic and reasoning have never taken root in their minds.

CN

Old 12-31-2016, 01:31 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And what specifically has Trump done to keep us divided?
Well, there's his New Years' greeting:

Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!

What a guy.

A regular Abraham Lincoln.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And what specifically has Trump done to keep us divided? So far what I've seen is your media buddies doing everything they can to divide the country and spew hate, just like they've done for years.

To paraphrase your president Obama, that great example of bringing people together: Elections have consequences and you can ride in the back of the bus.
This is a Republican site and this is what they thought of Trump's New Year's tweet:

This petty little tyrant makes nice with a Russian strongman, but can’t seem to offer a crumb of civility or grace to his own countrymen.

Donald Trump's New Year Greeting is Pure Trump Awfulness | RedState

Trump actually went on a "gloating in your face tour" after the election where he continued to mock and attack half the country. No other president has ever done that. It's almost starting to look like Trump wants to incite civil war.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
who trust polls anymore?.....Trump put a dagger to the heart to all the MSM and their polls.

Of course if you are going to do the polls in New York City and Los Angeles Trump is not in demand.....but for the rest of the red country, Trump has high ratings.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
who trust polls anymore?.....Trump put a dagger to the heart to all the MSM and their polls.

Of course if you are going to do the polls in New York City and Los Angeles Trump is not in demand.....but for the rest of the red country, Trump has high ratings.
The rest of the country? Trump lost more than just California and New York. He only received 8% of the vote in Seattle. And after the last two months of Trump's behavior, he's probably lost ground here.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:06 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The rest of the country? Trump lost more than just California and New York. He only received 8% of the vote in Seattle. And after the last two months of Trump's behavior, he's probably lost ground here.

Yeah, that's your opinion.

My opinion says Trump has probably gained ground everywhere after the last two months of liberal behavior, and their bellyaching . It's an opinion as valid as yours.......

Trump had more votes than cankles, where it counts. California, and King county don't decide the election on their own. And that my friend is NOT an opinion, that's one of those facts libs dread so much.

It doesnt matter what the rigged polls said, it doesnt matter what the vote might have been on Nov 7th, Nov 9th, yesterday, today or tomorrow. The election was held on Nov 8, 2016.......

Trump won.

Get over it already.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 12-31-2016 at 02:15 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Yeah, that's your opinion.

My opinion says Trump has probably gained ground everywhere after the last two months of liberal behavior, and their bellyaching . It's an opinion as valid as yours.......

Trump had more votes than cankles, where it counts. California, and King county don't decide the election on their own. And that my friend is NOT an opinion, that's one of those facts libs dread so much.

It doesnt matter what the rigged polls said, it doesnt matter what the vote might have been on Nov 7th, Nov 9th, yesterday, today or tomorrow. The election was held on Nov 8, 2016.......

Trump won.

Get over it already.

CN
Cankles? What is the opinion of Mike Pence's wife? Are all candidates to be measured by their weight? Or ankle ratio? Does this apply only to women? Yes, Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes and won by a combined total of 75,000 votes in three states, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. He promptly followed that by going on a tour where he gloated and mocked half the country. No president has ever done that in history. He then follows up by mocking half the country in something as typically innocuous as a News Years tweet. That is not a winning formula and it is not surprising that he has the lowest approval rating of a new president in the last 25 years.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:53 PM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Trump's approval rating hovers around 48%, which is at least 17 percentage points lower than the lowest approval rating that any of the past three presidents had during his transition.

George W. Bush had a 65% approval rating when he first took office, Bill Clinton took office with a 67% rating, and Barack Obama entered with a 75% rating."

Trump's approval rating lowest of last 3 incoming presidents - Business Insider

His supporters may still be in the orgasmic stage, but the rest of America has problems with him. Does Trump care? Probably not. Will he do anything at all to bring Americans together? I doubt it. And again, his followers couldn't care less.
These are the same people that projected a 99% chance hillary would win and allowed Hillary to pick who was polled?

If I were you I'd be frantically trying to find the delete post button ROTFLMAO!!

Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Trump won.

Get over it already.
I have no intention of getting over it.

I intend to do whatever I can to oppose him, and to encourage others to oppose him.

Take your own advice, and get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies