Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 08:26 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I have no intention of getting over it.

I intend to do whatever I can to oppose him, and to encourage others to oppose him.

Take your own advice, and get over it.
But wouldn't it make more sense to wait until he's in office and then oppose what you don't like and stand behind him on what he does that you approve of?
Personally, I don't like Obama, but there are a few things he did that I was all for. I didn't oppose him simply because his last name was Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 08:35 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
But wouldn't it make more sense to wait until he's in office and then oppose what you don't like and stand behind him on what he does that you approve of?
Personally, I don't like Obama, but there are a few things he did that I was all for. I didn't oppose him simply because his last name was Obama.
Trump ran on a platform. I oppose his platform.

If he winds up trashing his own platform, then yes, I'd approve of that. (Probably. He conceivably could trash his platform by going beyond it to even further extremes, in which case I'd still disapprove.)

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-01-2017 at 08:50 AM..

Old 01-01-2017, 08:38 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
".... Reported by the propaganda ministry."

Old 01-01-2017, 08:48 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Anyone else get the feeling that every time Trump does something stupid all we're going to hear from his slavish supporters will be "yeah but he WON!"

I guess when that's all they have they'll just keep using it.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Yes! We WON! And it feels grrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat! That's all that matters and while you are at it....take a LOOK at Donald's Rallies, VERY BIG, packed and lots of loyal voters!

Hillary's rallies looked like a small funeral with her being the next one in the casket.
Actually you didn't win. Trump did, thanks to you. But you won nothing. In fact, you, like the rest of the country, lost "bigly." You just haven't realized it yet.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I have no intention of getting over it.

I intend to do whatever I can to oppose him, and to encourage others to oppose him.

Take your own advice, and get over it.
Can't rep you again.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:51 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Actually you didn't win. Trump did, thanks to you. But you won nothing. In fact, you, like the rest of the country, lost "bigly." You just haven't realized it yet.
Swing it anyway you like--your candidate lost on every level.

Not just the Presidency, but the Senate, the House, the majority of Governorships and State legislatures.

Everything that you profoundly believed in was thoroughly rejected by the majority of those in the United States.

You were wrong--and many just like you were also wrong *shrug*

You'll have another chance in four years.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Swing it anyway you like--your candidate lost on every level.
Haha not really.

National Popular Vote 2016
Hillary Clinton 65,844,954
Donald Trump 62,929,879

Just so we're clear, Trump supporters would be intellectually dishonest by making any of the following statements to describe his electoral college win:

1. "the will of the people"

2. "the will of the voters"

3. "the people have spoken"

4. "the voters have spoken"

5. "the silent majority"

6. "a mandate"

NONE OF THE ABOVE QUOTED STATEMENTS APPLY TO DONALD TRUMP'S ELECTORAL COLLEGE WIN.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:21 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha not really.

Donald Trump 62,929,879

Just so we're clear, Trump supporters would be intellectually dishonest by making any of the following statements to describe his electoral college win:

1. "the will of the people"

2. "the will of the voters"

3. "the people have spoken"

4. "the voters have spoken"

5. "the silent majority"

6. "a mandate"

NONE OF THE ABOVE QUOTED STATEMENTS APPLY TO DONALD TRUMP'S ELECTORAL COLLEGE WIN.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
You can't even clarify your own point lol. You haven't been "intellectually honest" since this entire thing started lol! You lost EVERY recount, and EVERY court case.

Your polls lied to you, and now you're lying to yourselves.

Many of you haven't learned ONE THING this election and suspect that this will continue for MANY MORE ELECTIONS until you cease to exist a a party.

The MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY DID NOT EVEN VOTE. Furthermore, Republicans WON on EVERY LEVEL!!! Even if people DID NOT vote in the Presidency, many of them voted LOCALLY and voted against the democrats.

The WILL of the people have voted.

Every ounce of of the Democrat's ideology was rejected across the board. See below for further "clarification" and emphasis

*for the "intellectually" lazy I have highlighted the important parts in red and green

Quote:
Republicans control both chambers in 32 states, including 17 with veto-proof majorities. Those 32 states cover 61 percent of the U.S. population. Democrats, meanwhile, control the legislature in just 13 states, amounting to 28 percent of the country’s population; only four of those chambers have veto-proof majorities. With a firm grip on the presidency, Congress, and soon the Supreme Court, Republicans have won more political power in 2016 than in any election since at least 1928, when Herbert Hoover was elected to the White House. Democrats now face a deep hole they need to climb out of to fight back against the coming reactionary policy shift of the pending Trump administration and its allied state governments
Quote:
Republicans now control the governor’s office in 33 states, amounting to 60 percent of the population, while Democrats control just 16 states with 40 percent of the population. (Alaska has an independent governor supported by the Democrats.) Republicans now hold a greater number of governor’s offices than they have in several generations. This Republican dominance of governorships and legislatures leaves them firmly in command of state governments across America. The map below illustrates where each party has control of the so-called “trifecta”: states where they control either both chambers of the legislature plus the governor’s office or have veto-proof legislative majorities that can override a governor from the opposite party.

Last edited by itshim; 01-01-2017 at 10:32 AM..

Old 01-01-2017, 01:19 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
You can't even clarify your own point lol. You haven't been "intellectually honest" since this entire thing started lol!
Yawns. Go hyperventilate somewhere else.

No matter what you or anyone else says for the next four years, THIS WAS THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE IN THE 2016 GENERAL ELECTION:

Donald Trump 62,929,879

The incoming 'president' was installed by the system, not the people, not the voters, not a silent majority, he has NO mandate to lead or even say he was elected by the people.

How incredibly pathetic.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies