Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 11:28 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
No, he would not turn his back, but he would not condone sin. Either you choose him or you choose man, you can not serve two masters. Those who do not take to his word, who do not seek him, never knew him. You can not seek Christ and serve sin. You must choose.

This is Christs message.

Note the point here. He is talking about people who are attached to mans world, who are unwilling to relinquish the world of man to serve God. Like the rich man, one must choose to put aside sin, to serve God and not their desires, not the world of man...

So again, no Christ would not turn his back on anyone, but many will choose to turn away from him.
Just curious. Where exactly in Christ's teaching does he say being gay is a sin or against his teachings? Please quote, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
They aren't seeking special treatment. They are seeking equal rights.
^^^ Repeat is warranted. Please repeat.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Should adultery become acceptable as that is just who they are?
Should beastality become acceptable as that is just who they are?
Should rapists become acceptable as that is just who they are?

No of course not. They all deserve HELP even if it isn't your pet vice.

It's amazing to me how much discrimination there is against people who come out as homosexuals.
As if they are somehow different and cannot change versus the above. They need help and they have a right to help. Feigning you care about them while perpetuating their lie and encouraging it is evil.
People please learn to CARE about EVERYONE
Equating homosexuality with bestiality and rape is EVIL. Take your own advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Just curious. Where exactly in Christ's teaching does he say being gay is a sin or against his teachings? Please quote, thanks.
Nowhere but NextGen fled as soon as his biblical inaccuracies were challenged.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:36 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
My child is my child no matter what.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I tend not to associate with many homosexuals, either because we have vastly different interests/politics, or they keep it to themselves (thus I am unaware), and we never discuss their personal sexual lives, which is fine with me.
Every relationship I have had with a gay/lesbian person (I'm straight, approaching my 7th decade) has involved similar interests and politics. I would never assume that one's private sexual orientation precludes them from my interests in the creative arts, world culture, politics or history, animals, gardening, or anything else. The gender thing has been made a political issue in that it involves human rights. Just as the racial thing, which involves human rights, and so how could anyone intelligent and worldly not relate to that? It can quickly become a common bond, even between a janitor and a world-renowned violinist.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:09 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,441 times
Quote:
You should spend a bit more time reading this thread. It was answered in it and I am no longer taking part in it.

Last edited by NxtGen; 12-28-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nowhere but NextGen fled as soon as his biblical inaccuracies were challenged.
River, Ringo is lying to you. You see, they are afraid to even let you see my argument because they know theirs is lacking. Go ahead, look at my scripture references back through the thread, follow their links they give and then look up the arguments, the counter arguments and the information. Do so scientifically mind you, do not accept "supposition" as evidence as at that point, we are back to them asking you to believe over another.

If they can not establish their position by the scientific method, then they have none and we are back to faith in the word.

I refuse to discuss with these people, they hate Christians and they are upset that I claim homosexuality to be a mental illness. All they want to do now is thrash about, gnash their teeth, and make accusations. I have been down this road far too many times to waste it again with these types. There is no argument, only anger and every point I prove of theirs invalid, the more angry they get until this turns into a locked thread, so do as you will...

Last edited by NxtGen; 12-28-2016 at 01:24 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
It has nothing to do with "being holy." It has to do with the understanding that there is a greater purpose in life than to indulge your baser instincts or demand that society operate within YOUR universe, because doing so makes you feel better about yourself. .
This is the saddest, most ignorant comment I've seen on CD forums, and I've been on for some 8 years.

"Baser Instincts"—?

I assume with this plum phrase that you go to bed fully clothed, and have sex with your SO under precise circumstances (to procreate), so as not to indulge your baser instincts.

If the world were made up primarily of nonheterosexual individuals, would you, as a supposedly "straight" person having a sexual encounter with the opposite sex, see yourself as indulging your "baser instincts"?

Perhaps Basic Instincts a more intelligent term?

And finally, exactly who is demanding that society operate within THEIR universe? Instead of spouting such ignorant claims, please elaborate with specifics.

ETA: I sincerely hope you have no kids.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:55 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
He didn't. I addressed this in post 299:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't believe homosexuality is a sin. You do, and ne'er the twain shall meet. There are endless threads arguing this on the R&S forum, and the argument goes nowhere.

Regardless, I do not "promote" homosexuality. I don't CARE. I am not concerned with other people's sexual practices. Christ told us to love God and love one another, love our neighbors. He didn't make exceptions. There's a hell of a lot more important work to do to show our love to our fellow human beings than sitting around obsessing over who does what to whom with what body part. For Christ's sake-literally--it.does.not.matter.
The Christians who believe the Bible is the actual, literal voice of God (sometimes called fundamentalists after their statement of faith called "The Fundamentals", published about a hundred years ago) will often pull Bible quotes out of context to "prove" that God said thus and so. While, yes, they often come across as cold, judgmental, and without compassion, they truly, truly, believe that they are in the right and following "the Word of God".

Other Christians believe that Jesus's statement that the primary commandment is to love God and other people is all that really matters, and anything that doesn't pass the sniff test with regard to that commandment is a fail.

Jesus himself told a parable about a priest and a Levite (religious leaders) on their way to the temple who leave a robbery/beating victim in the gutter because their religious writings teach them not to touch someone who might be dead, thus preventing them from carrying out their ritual duties. They feel they are doing the righteous thing. The victim is saved by the "Good Samaritan", a social outcast who does the REALLY right thing out of compassion.

So which is really Christian, that we leave our children in the gutter because the written "rules" say so, or we love them?

Seems like a simple answer to me.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The Christians who believe the Bible is the actual, literal voice of God (sometimes called fundamentalists after their statement of faith called "The Fundamentals", published about a hundred years ago) will often pull Bible quotes out of context to "prove" that God said thus and so. While, yes, they often come across as cold, judgmental, and without compassion, they truly, truly, believe that they are in the right and following "the Word of God".

Other Christians believe that Jesus's statement that the primary commandment is to love God and other people is all that really matters, and anything that doesn't pass the sniff test with regard to that commandment is a fail.

Jesus himself told a parable about a priest and a Levite (religious leaders) on their way to the temple who leave a robbery/beating victim in the gutter because their religious writings teach them not to touch someone who might be dead, thus preventing them from carrying out their ritual duties. They feel they are doing the righteous thing. The victim is saved by the "Good Samaritan", a social outcast who does the REALLY right thing out of compassion.

So which is really Christian, that we leave our children in the gutter because the written "rules" say so, or we love them?

Seems like a simple answer to me.
This has more in common with Satanism than it does Christianity. You are effectively saying that the Word of God is false, that it can be picked and chosen from like a buffet to fit the desire of the reader. This is contrary to the Word of God and creates numerous conflicts within the Bible itself to even proclaim. This means the Bible is worthless and man just makes up what they like about the Word of God and lives as they feel is best.

Warning to all, this is not the message of Christ, following this message will lead you away from God. You were warned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies