Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 05:37 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,700,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I do have a question for all the people repeating "boys=penis; girls=vagina." If a boy wore a dress, would it bother you? If so, and I imagine for many it would, then the issue of gender being purely determined by 'parts,' as they're being called, is dishonest. Behavior plays a role. It's just that many don't like that argument, on both sides of the debate.
Reality plays the ONLY role when it comes to what sex a person is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 05:37 PM

5,665 posts, read 5,097,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Parochial schools are the answer. Where boys are boys and girls are girls and the gender confused are invited to comply or go somewhere else.
I agree, which is why she's in a private school.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:41 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,614,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Wasn't my question, but ok....

What determines sex then? Because it's not body parts.

This does create some complexities too. Are the Boy Scouts concerned with males (sex) or boys (gender)? I don't really care which, but depending on what it is, that can determine who they can and can't turn away, according to their own policy. If it's males, they have no choice but to accept anyone born a man, even if they identity as female. And if it's boys, shouldn't be have to accept a person identifying as a girl who was born a boy? Or do you have to be both male and a boy? The thing is, can someone who says they're a boy and a male show up in a dress and still be welcomes?

Or, the more likely truth, the Boy Scouts doesn't want to hear about sex vs gender debate so bringing the difference up to them simply won't matter.
Sex is determined by genetics - xx = girl/female and xy = boy/male. Rare genetic abnormalities may produce males with some female features(xxy). All boys are male but not all males are boys. Boy and girl are just terms used to refer to younger people or children. I know the SJWS try to hijack that distinction, but that does not change fact.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:50 PM

778 posts, read 340,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm thinking that some of you do not understand that young women aged 14-21 and members of BSA Venture Crews regularly work as counselors-in-training and full-fledged staff members at summer camps across the country. The camps provide separate bathing and sleeping facilities, but otherwise, the young people spend their days together. Transgender members can similarly be accommodated.

When my fifteen-year-old son attended National Youth Leadership Training this past summer, his counselor was a nineteen-year-old woman. His patrol had both female and male members. They all slept in individual tents in the same campsite and used single-occupancy outhouses. It was a great experience for him, and there were no difficulties at all between the genders. This issue has been worked out for years.
But that is a different issue. When a penis having "girl" wants to share the tent and shower with the other girl scouts, or the vagina having "boy" wants to share the tent and shower with the other boy scouts, therein lies the issue. Do we make all the other boys and girls feel uncomfortable or label them as transphobic and haters because they don't feel that the many should indulge the few.

We know that a "trans kid" will not be happy just to attend a campout, but sleep and shower away from the other normal (yeah, I said it) kids, because you are just "accommodating" the transgender and not "embracing" and "encouraging acceptance" of a gender disphoric person.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:55 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,396,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
But that is a different issue. When a penis having "girl" wants to share the tent and shower with the other girl scouts, or the vagina having "boy" wants to share the tent and shower with the other boy scouts, therein lies the issue. Do we make all the other boys and girls feel uncomfortable or label them as transphobic and haters because they don't feel that the many should indulge the few.

We know that a "trans kid" will not be happy just to attend a campout, but sleep and shower away from the other normal (yeah, I said it) kids, because you are just "accommodating" the transgender and not "embracing" and "encouraging acceptance" of a gender disphoric person.
This is an eight-year-old, remember? Cub Scouts cannot share a tent with other boys on an overnight. They must sleep in a tent with a parent or guardian.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
SJWS always says gender is a social construct.

They are completely wrong. Gender is imprinted in DNA. No amount of liberalizing the language can ever change that.

The gender confused need to seek mental therapy.
If gender is a social construct, then why is there a need to undergo "sex reassignment" surgery. In today's society, many men and women are involved in gender roles that are atypical from 40-50 years ago. Women can dress in pants and engage in all sorts of sports and men can be the nurturer and the stay at home parent, etc.

The argument of a social construct makes not sense, since in reality, a trans person wants to change their SEX, not their gender. They want to pretend they are the opposite gender...just look at Bruce Jenner and his over the top "female" expression.

If anything, Drag Queens are at least honest in their choice to dress "over the top" as women.

If gender was really the issue, you would not NEED a vagina to wear makeup. You could be a cross dresser or a Drag Queen.

You don't need a penis to play sports or whatever else society says the male gender does.

I have to agree that seeking sex reassignment surgery is a mental issue that is the same thing as those who seek to have a body part removed because of body dysphoria.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
This is an eight-year-old, remember? Cub Scouts cannot share a tent with other boys on an overnight. They must sleep in a tent with a parent or guardian.
Sorry, my kids never did cub scouts or brownies. And I am too old and societal norms were reality when I was part of the scouts.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,396,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Sorry, my kids never did cub scouts or brownies. And I am too old and societal norms were reality when I was part of the scouts.
Girls have been a part of the Boy Scouts of America since 1969 when they were incorporated into the Exploring program. Today, girls participate as members of Exploring, Venturing, and Sea Scouting. The idea of transgenderism may give you the heebie-jeebies, but accommodating a transgender Scout is really no different that what has already been done successfully for girls. The Council's position is silly given that the BSA has a policy of non-discrimination against gay scouts and leaders. I find it hilarious that people without any BSA experience claim to know what is best for the organization while ignoring those of us who are deeply involved and committed to the Scouting program.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:26 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But you put forth nothing to support that argument. Who does it hurt to allow this boy to join the scouts( he was apparently already a member)
Life supports my argument.

Who does this hurt? I don't know, maybe nobody or maybe somebody. All I know is it's not realistic to tell an organization for boys that they have to allow girls who think they are boys or visa versa. Special accommodations like this are given only when everyone else involved agrees to do so. It's nice if it happens but shouldn't be expected. We all must live with that kind of thing.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:32 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,614,919 times
Quote:
Girls have been a part of the Boy Scouts of America since 1969 when they were incorporated into the Exploring program. Today, girls participate as members of Exploring, Venturing, and Sea Scouting. The idea of transgenderism may give you the heebie-jeebies, but accommodating a transgender Scout is really no different that what has already been done successfully for girls. The Council's position is silly given that the BSA has a policy of non-discrimination against gay scouts and leaders. I find it hilarious that people without any BSA experience claim to know what is best for the organization while ignoring those of us who are deeply involved and committed to the Scouting program.
Can any girl join this group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies