Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:28 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Darn that Freedom of The Press!
I believe Trump is "darning" it, and well deserved too!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:58 AM

59,118 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
I mean, it's not like Trump made his cabinet full of rich people that stand to profit or have their donors profit from his actions.

His treasury secretary is a Goldman Sachs veteran...

State secretary is an outgoing chairman of ExxonMobil...

Scott Pruitt, Attorney General, A climate change denier and director of the EPA.

Betsy DeVos, Education, you know, the billionaire that spent most of her life trying to destroy public education.

The Secretary of Labor is a former CEO of a fast food company. The guy who is going to protect workers rights.

Going even further is depressing. His entire cabinet is made up of massively rich, interest-conflicted, and people who are completely unqualified for their positions (either legally, or professionally).

Here's a bonus:

Mar-a-Lago membership fee doubles to $200,000

He definitely won't be influenced by the people who have enough money to pay $200,000 just to be a member at HIS resort.
"I mean, it's not like Trump made his cabinet full of rich people that stand to profit or have their donors profit from his actions."

Do you live in a bubble?

Do we have to post all of Obama's cabinet appointees that were rich?

Or all of is czars?

Did you vote for Hillary who was "dead broke " when she and Bill left office and are nor
MULTI-MILLIONAIRES?

The rest of your list is just people who do NOT agree with YOU.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:37 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,343,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I mean, it's not like Trump made his cabinet full of rich people that stand to profit or have their donors profit from his actions."

Do you live in a bubble?
Do you?

Quote:
Do we have to post all of Obama's cabinet appointees that were rich?
You can, but it wouldn't make any sort of point. I'm not talking about Obama, nor did I comment on Obama's cabinet.

Quote:
Did you vote for Hillary who was "dead broke " when she and Bill left office and are nor
MULTI-MILLIONAIRES?
What are you even talking about? I didn't vote during the Clinton administration because I wasn't old enough to. Did I vote for Hilary this election cycle? No. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but that was all.

Quote:
The rest of your list is just people who do NOT agree with YOU.
They don't agree with exactly the department that they're going to be running. It's like putting Walmart in charge of workers rights... or more accurately, McDonalds. Oh wait, that's pretty much what happened.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:33 PM

9,989 posts, read 5,691,547 times
How many cabinet appointees in recent history WEREN'T rich? Those posts tend to get filled by successful people. They're not plucked randomely from the ranks of the middle class who are making an honest but undistinguished living for themselves.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
How many cabinet appointees in recent history WEREN'T rich? Those posts tend to get filled by successful people. They're not plucked randomely from the ranks of the middle class who are making an honest but undistinguished living for themselves.
That's not the point at all, it's the conflicts of interest that are the problem.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:25 PM

59,118 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Do you?

You can, but it wouldn't make any sort of point. I'm not talking about Obama, nor did I comment on Obama's cabinet.

What are you even talking about? I didn't vote during the Clinton administration because I wasn't old enough to. Did I vote for Hilary this election cycle? No. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but that was all.

They don't agree with exactly the department that they're going to be running. It's like putting Walmart in charge of workers rights... or more accurately, McDonalds. Oh wait, that's pretty much what happened.
"I voted for Bernie in the primary"

That explains a lot!

I consider the source.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:26 PM

9,989 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Quote:
That's not the point at all, it's the conflicts of interest that are the problem.
Such as?

Old 01-27-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I voted for Bernie in the primary"

That explains a lot!

I consider the source.
Not sure how that explains anything. Trump and Hilary were significantly worse options. Sanders was a man I could stand by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Such as?
Post #280

Old 01-27-2017, 01:47 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,554,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump admin orders EPA contract freeze and media blackout

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has instituted what it described as a temporary media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding any new contracts or grants

Similar orders barring external communications have been issued by the Trump administration at other federal agencies in recent days, including the Agriculture and Interior departments.
This is unprecedented in the history of our nation. But business as usual under dictators.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:52 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Absolutely nothing good about media black-outs.
There is if the media's own self appointed purpose is to attack his decisions about EPA instead of responsibly reporting his decisions to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies