Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 05:23 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure you are getting what you wanted.

"I am from the government. We are in control, and you do not need to know what we do, just trust us. Now, open your wallet and give me your money".
You sure have an distorted imagination!

Old 01-26-2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
They were not instructed to not engage in partisan politics, they were told to not say anything about any topic. Huge difference.

They don't work for the admin, they work for THE PEOPLE, and so does Trump, although he clearly does not understand that. We have every right to know how out money is being spent by these agencies. Their mission is defined by the Congress, not the president.
"They don't work for the admin, they work for THE PEOPLE,"

What country are you from?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
FWIW, I was never told as a federal employee to not talk to the media at all. I was warned about a few things though: if I espouse personal views they should be with the disclaimer that they are mine and not the agency's views, and, no politics while in an official capacity (i.e., I can't stand there at a political rally in a government uniform or engage in politics on government time), and it can be risky talking to the media because they'll try to get you to say something or take what you say out of context for an agenda and that can lead to bad things. I always avoided any contact with the press or answering controversial questions by referring them to the district office.
"FWIW, I was never told as a federal employee to not talk to the media at all."

And what was ypur job and pay grade?

Did your job normally have you talking to the public?

I am NOT challenging you, just trying to clarify for those that have no clue how gov't and press releases work.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
and so it begins, he won't be happy till he blocks out all press that doesn't walk in lockstep or go along with his alternative facts. everyone who values free speech should be worried about this.
"and so it begins"

It began when he first decided to run and has been NON-STOP ever since and has even INCREASED since he took office.

The left run media takes everything he says and and does and distorts it.

They post articles complaining about what he did or says what he is going to do and when his predecessors did the EXACT same thing, nary a word about it.

It has been PROVEN many posts ago that Obama DID THE EXACT SAME THING yet, he are with the same posters titally ignoring it and whining and crying like little babies TOTALLY IGNOING the TRUTH, only because of pure PARTISANSHIP.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
I have read the thread, and there has been nothing which comes close to comparing with this level of censorship.
Then you have a SERIOUS reading comprehension problem!

Old 01-26-2017, 05:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What IS normal is YOU, and many other posters, distorting what Trump actually said.
What distortion?

The guy is an idiot, saying all kinds of stupid things on daily bases.

3-5 million illegal votes...

Largest inauguration crowd ever...

Grab them by the p***y...

How can you believe and defend all that crap?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.

"But now some unnamed individuals within the National Park Service have created an unofficial Twitter account that Trump can’t touch.

If they use GOVERNMENT acquired data without permission from the gov't , they CAN be in big trouble, charged with crimes ana imprisoned and fined if found guilty.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:45 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Exactly what is necessary to get control of bureaucratic departments that are out of control and infested with liberal group think.

It's the boss leading from the front. Get used to it.
Exactly! I wish he would get the news channels to report the news.....Not harp on one perceived negative all day long. Yesterday's was voter fraud....Trump has signed important executive orders, every day this week, and it is only Thurs. .....But all you saw were panels discussing the voter fraud investigation yesterday.

I remember when Nightly news was real news....not a politically prejudice pop talk show.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"They don't work for the admin, they work for THE PEOPLE,"

What country are you from?
Every government agency works for THE PEOPLE, and the president works for THE PEOPLE. THE PEOPLE created the Constitution and the government through it, to serve them, not the other way round.

Why I am not surprised you think it is the other way round

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-26-2017 at 06:00 AM..

Old 01-26-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Well, who's going to prosecute anything for him when Trump is turning the entire civil service against him? And frankly some of what they are exposing may get Trump in trouble.
"turning the entire civil service against him?"

Exaggerate much?

Have you PERSONALLY talked with every single fed employee and asked them how they feel?

"And frankly some of what they are exposing may get Trump in trouble."

If they reveal info that they are not allowed to, they are the ones who may get into trouble and CAN be fined and jailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies