Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 07:21 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Congress and the SC have no say at all. Those agencies are not part of government, they work for the POTUS, remember?
Really? Is that how you really think our government is structured, or is that just more hyperbole?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
lol..Well, Trump IS their boss so he's allowed to control the message.
Excuse me? Is this North Korea? Only insane people would support a blocking of media & the disintegration of the EPA. Seriously, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with anyone who supports that. Those people do not belong in this country, at all.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Congress and the SC have no say at all. Those agencies are not part of government, they work for the POTUS, remember?
Oh wow, my post above is clear now. You need to go back to school, this post says it all.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
What a short memory you have. This thread is about the current president, not any of the prior ones.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:31 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Whats odd about making sure the career feds holding down the fort until key positions are filled understand or stay on message per their boss the prez?

Obviously, the agencies in question are either not trusted or issued communications the new admin doesn't agree with.

Most feds at the level to have authority to release info to the press have enough sense to dial things back themselves until the dust settles after an election. Clearly some don't.
It is odd that they cannot post scientific reports. It is odd that they have been told that they cannot post scheduled webinars or speak about research to the media or TALK to the media.

In our country we have freedom of speech and freedom of the press. ALL government agencies work on behalf of the people. We have a right as Americans to know about what they are doing.

All new administrations get their people in place and eventually run agencies as they like; however they have never put a gag order on all communications to media in various departments. This is highly unnecessary. Honestly, I did not vote for Trump but I was very willing to give him a chance and especially so in regards to the economy and trying to get people more jobs since I do think that that is important to people.

Putting a gag order on our government though, is unacceptable to me. I expected him to do all of these EOs about the wall, to repeal ACA, to repeal DACA and other political issues, and to even steer EPA and USDA and Education and HUD towards programs that he wants them to go toward - but freedom of speech and freedom of the press are VERY important, core tenets of American government and society and this sort of behavior is dictator-ish.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:32 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Excuse me? Is this North Korea? Only insane people would support a blocking of media & the disintegration of the EPA. Seriously, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with anyone who supports that. Those people do not belong in this country, at all.
Incorrect. The EPA can still put out message, but it must now do it through proper channels. Individual employees are not allowed to speak for the US government. This is no different than the way any corporation handles communications.

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
The gas oil party once in control do not want you to know what is going on. Here in NC it took a couple of department heads to point out that the GA was changing acceptable levels higher for certain carcinogens. This to protect Duke Energy the heck with those who live around the area.

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
My guess is after 2018 there will be moves to impeach Trump. Not shocking really.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh wow, my post above is clear now. You need to go back to school, this post says it all.
Indeed. It demonstrates that you use insult as argument.

Here's a tip: It isn't one.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:33 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
What a short memory you have. This thread is about the current president, not any of the prior ones.

Not true...... when you are going to accuse the current President of doing something you judge as wrong, you have to also compare his actions to past Presidents who you have not called to task for the same thing to show that he isn't rogue.

This is how you see the bigger picture instead of trying to paint one person in a bad light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies