Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 11:43 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Scientists targeted. Makes sense. Science searches for answers, using a method to develop facts.

Facts run contrary to alternative facts.

So shut down people who deal with facts.

Unprecedented. And quite unnerving.

A great example of posting alternate facts.

It has already been revealed that scientific data can still be published.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:49 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

Donald Trump orders Environmental Protection Agency to delete all climate change information from its website | The Independent

Sounds to me like a witch hunt in progress to silence science that doesn't support trump's personal ambitions.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:51 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

Does anyone who actually needs scientific data rely on social media to collect that data?

Hmmm.......doesn't seem very scientific to me.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:06 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Donald Trump orders Environmental Protection Agency to delete all climate change information from its website | The Independent

Sounds to me like a witch hunt in progress to silence science that doesn't support trump's personal ambitions.

"The prohibitions came to light as the agency moved to delay implementation of at least 30 environmental rules finalized in the closing months of President Obama’s term, a potential first step to seeking to kill the regulations."

"White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Tuesday he had no specific information on the blackout.
"I don't think it's any surprise that when there's an administration turnover, that we're going to review the policies," Spicer said.
Doug Ericksen, the communications director for Trump's transition team at EPA, said he expects the communications ban to be lifted by the end of this week"

Trump admin institutes media blackout for EPA, suspends social media activity | Fox News

"The Trump administration reportedly told the Department of the Interior to stop tweeting from its accounts over the weekend after the National Park Service's Twitter account retweeted a post about the crowd sizes at Trump's inauguration Friday. The agency brought back its accounts on Saturday. "

"the White House sent a letter to the EPA's Office of Administration and Resources Management ordering the freeze on Monday. "Basically no money moving anywhere until they can take a look," the staffer said, asking not to be named. "

Trump Orders Media Blackout At Government Agencies: Bans Use Of Social Media, Bars New EPA Contracts | Zero Hedge

The crowd sizes at Trump's inauguration have nothing to do with EPA activities. It appears that they don't want the EPA spending money until they know where it is going to be spent.

"Last week, staff at the Interior Department were told to stop posting on Twitter after an employee retweeted posts about the relatively low attendance at Trump's inauguration, and about how the issues of climate change and civil rights had disappeared from the White House website.
The department has since resumed tweeting. "

Trump Orders Media Blackout At Government Agencies: Bans Use Of Social Media, Bars New EPA Contracts | Zero Hedge

And there is one of the key reasons....

The Dept of Agriculture received the same direction. But no direction to stop scientific research.

"A statement released by ARS spokesman Christopher Bentley said the agency “values and is committed to maintaining the free flow of information between our scientists and the American public as we strive to find solutions to agricultural problems affecting America.”

Trump administration orders social media blackouts at EPA, USDA research agency - Press Enterprise

Old 01-25-2017, 02:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Fake news
Here is what is actually going on.

From the article the OP posted.

Staffers in EPA's public affairs office are instructed to forward all inquiries from reporters to the Office of Administration and Resources Management.

There is no media blackout, questions from the media are being forwarded to Office of Administration and Resources Management.
Probably because the EPA is still being run by the Political Appointees of TeamObama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Emails from the EPA aren't being reviewed by another agency. Questions from the media are being directed to the Office of Administration and Resources Management, who will handle answering questions. This is being done until the transition of the personal of the new administration is complete.
Questions SHOULD be going to Chuck Schumer asking WHY they won't go forward with the Confirmations so that these Agencies will have a BOSS to take care of Communications.
It would be insane to allow Anti-Trump Agency employees (including the Team Obama Leadership still in place) to Tweet & Post at will. Chuck Schumer can stop this "issue" immediately and the PRESS knows that.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:19 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Probably because the EPA is still being run by the Political Appointees of TeamObama.

Questions SHOULD be going to Chuck Schumer asking WHY they won't go forward with the Confirmations so that these Agencies will have a BOSS to take care of Communications.
It would be insane to allow Anti-Trump Agency employees (including the Team Obama Leadership still in place) to Tweet & Post at will. Chuck Schumer can stop this "issue" immediately and the PRESS knows that.
It's insane to try to suppress science on issues that impact our world because it's politically inconvenient for trump. Removing all references to climate change on the EPA website isn't going to make the problem go away.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's insane to try to suppress science on issues that impact our world because it's politically inconvenient for trump. Removing all references to climate change on the EPA website isn't going to make the problem go away.
It appears that he is getting advice from the sleazy governor Rick Scott, who will not allow the words global warming to be uttered in Tallahassee (as half his state is sinking into the ocean).

Old 01-25-2017, 05:14 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
These people are about like the ones who thought Rocky was a World Boxing Champion !!!! When no white person could gain that title, then came the Movie "Rocky", giving white society a fictional Champion, and many bought directly into it.

These Right Wingers are like the TV commercial, where they put the white guy in a suit, and people were ready to accept him as a financial advisor, and then he said.. No, I'm a DJ.

This is how many white people have become, they will forever slam Obama and will never recognize the works he achied, they won't even admit to the White Male Dominated Republican took an illegal pledge to oppose everything, as being subversive against America and the American people.

Now, an ignorant man is in the office, and he is white, so now these same people are ready to endorse anything that comes out of his mouth, and any silly act that he does, to insult 100's of years of Traditional Democracy.

many of these people are exactly like a Confederate Soldier, lining up to give their lives to protect the plantation owners, because they were white and wealthy.

These types will never awaken, therefore it will take the people who don't fall into that madness to stand up and make the corrections and get American back to being what American values is based upon as being for all people, and being a system that is stable and not caught in the middle of a mad man acting likes he head of a demolition crew.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:03 AM

59,108 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When is the last time entire departments have been ordered under media black-outs?

Let's not pretend this is normal. This is not normal.

Alternate facts, media black-outs, arrest of journalists, tsunami of executive orders.....

Not normal.
What IS normal is YOU, and many other posters, distorting what Trump actually said.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:20 AM

59,108 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
...Maybe, unlike yourself, I know how to read and I am not blinded by any candidate or party loyalty when it comes to any President.

No where in your link does it say there was a ban on releasing scientific studies or in issuing awarded grants or to stop posting on social media sites.

And FWIW, I'm very knowledgeable about Obama's secretive nature and I didn't like that about him either. But he never crossed this line. I very seriously appreciate our country's "freedoms" and do not care if other people don't agree with me. Everyone has a right to their views and opinions and if the public pays for scientific research, the public has a right to review said research.

You and others like you may not agree because you don't want people to know about things you don't like or agree with. I'm not like that.

On Obama I also contacted my representatives about him and the increase in scrutiny on the media with him and his administration, especially as it related to him allowing the incarceration of journalists and lawyers - one of whom was elderly and cancer stricken.

I didn't give Obama a pass and I don't give Trump a pass.

You do not seem to be as dedicated to our rights as Americans in the same way. You want to villify Obama but will support Trump because you "like" him and his views.

For me - that is unAmerican. I can accept that everyone has their own views but I also expect, as Americans, that we can hold a differing viewpoint from each other and still be civilized and not seek to have a leader, on our own soil, instruct American citizens not to speak when that is a right afforded to all Americans.
"For me - that is unAmerican."

You are entitled to your opinions. Fortunately MOST Americans do NOT agree with you.

Your LACK of knowledge on how the fed govt dispenses information has clouded your "reasoning"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies