Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:29 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Trump only cares if you pay him. Pay him enough and he'll let you be part of his cabinet. Just pick a position you'd like.
"Trump only cares if you pay him."

You people get more DESPERATE every day.

I doubt if you even know that Trump has offered to take NO SALARY while being President.

By ONLY paying attention to the LSM you will NOT be well informed and make complete fools of yourselves by making such claims.

Then you blame everything under the sun for why you lost 1,000 political seats since 2009.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:35 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump only cares if you pay him."

You people get more DESPERATE every day.

I doubt if you even know that Trump has offered to take NO SALARY while being President.

By ONLY paying attention to the LSM you will NOT be well informed and make complete fools of yourselves by making such claims.

Then you blame everything under the sun for why you lost 1,000 political seats since 2009.
But he's going to use his office to ensure his businesses make more money. Removing regulations, etc. The president's salary he turned down is a pittance compared to how much he's going to make.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
The United States government is not a company.
I sure hope you DON'T vote.

I put company in QUOTES for a reason.

If you don't know what that reason is, I can't help you.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Not only that but civil servants don't take a personal loyalty oath to the president. The oath of office is about loyalty to the Constitution and the people of this country.
And WHO is the boss?

Old 01-27-2017, 05:42 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Maybe Trump can repeal the 1st Amendment by Executive Action too.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:45 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,953 times
Quote:
But he's going to use his office to ensure his businesses make more money. Removing regulations, etc. The president's salary he turned down is a pittance compared to how much he's going to make.
Exactly this. He turned down the salary because it is chump change to him. Meanwhile, he's making more off of fees charged in Mar-a-Largo, is seeing a boom in visitors to his hotels and will soon have thrice as many, and has used his office to ensure his stake in the Dakota Access pipeline will make him money, too - water security of the little people be d***ed. Oh! And the First Lady gets free advertising for her line of QVC jewelry on the Whitehouse website. Not bad!

Old 01-27-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Not really.

People directly involved, as some articles linked to in this thread show, say otherwise. So you can state whatever you want here because you support trump, but that doesn't make you right. I'm more incolined to believe the people at the EPA saying what's happening.
"So you can state whatever you want here because you support trump,"

And you can state whatever yu want because you do NOT support trump.

"I'm more incolined to believe the people at the EPA saying what's happening"

Why?

Do you know them personally?

Do you know their party affiliation?

Do you know their opinions on the subjects at hand?

It has been PROVEN that most of what is is being claimed the Trump memo says on this subject is B.S.

Some federal employees, who have worked through several administrations, have written a letter stating what Trump did was NOTING DIFFERENT then what every other president has done.

Did you read that?

It is post #249

Old 01-27-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
I had no problem talking about the content of those emails during the election. I was not a Hillary supporter (nor am I a trump supporter) and I'm not a member of any political party.

Wikileaks was revealing government information that was not intended to be public. And information that is more sensitive where national security is concerned than what some NPS employees posted on twitter about climate change.
"Wikileaks was revealing government information that was not intended to be public."

YOU have made claim has been made over and over and all I have asked is "show us".

YOU have NOT yet has provided it. WHY?

Maybe you can.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
"But he's going to use his office to ensure his businesses make more money."

How?

And I want DETAILS, NOT just more "I said so".

Old 01-27-2017, 06:42 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,343,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"But he's going to use his office to ensure his businesses make more money."

How?

And I want DETAILS, NOT just more "I said so".

I mean, it's not like Trump made his cabinet full of rich people that stand to profit or have their donors profit from his actions.

His treasury secretary is a Goldman Sachs veteran...

State secretary is an outgoing chairman of ExxonMobil...

Scott Pruitt, Attorney General, A climate change denier and director of the EPA.

Betsy DeVos, Education, you know, the billionaire that spent most of her life trying to destroy public education.

The Secretary of Labor is a former CEO of a fast food company. The guy who is going to protect workers rights.

Going even further is depressing. His entire cabinet is made up of massively rich, interest-conflicted, and people who are completely unqualified for their positions (either legally, or professionally).

Here's a bonus:

Mar-a-Lago membership fee doubles to $200,000

Quote:
Mar-a-Lago, the Palm Beach resort owned by the Trump Organization, doubled its initiation fee to $200,000 following the election of Donald Trump as president.
Quote:
A membership at Mar-a-Lago now includes a chance to mingle with the 45th president. Trump plans to use the resort as his occasional "Winter White House."
He definitely won't be influenced by the people who have enough money to pay $200,000 just to be a member at HIS resort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies