Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 07:35 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,555,130 times

Advertisements

The U.S. government is not a corporation. It's here to serve the American people. For us to be able to know how we're being served (badly or well), we need to know what's going on, and we need open channels of communication - not a stupid bottleneck in which an agency has to ask for permission to Tweet or post something on their Facebook page. Freedom of speech is already under threat, and this administration is less than a week old.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We are dealing with real facts. Just because you don't like that the President wants to reign in some of the loose politics that have been going on for the past 8 years does NOT mean that he intends to have a dictatorship. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle you sit.... no American citizen is going to sit back and allow that to happen.

He needs to censor these departments until he can make sure that they are accurately distributing information and not leading the public around on a leash as we have been done for the past 8 years.
Wow, you people are just very unAmerican!

Politics always has opposing views. Talking and having a dialogue about them and even arguing about them is all a part of "politics as usual." No side should be censored!!

Something is very wrong with you all if you think any side should be censored.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It happened many times under the Obama administration, the difference being that the media outlets were compliant lapdogs of Obama and went along willingly with keeping anything out of the news that might cast a shadow on the Obama's image.
So the public just never heard of about anything from the msm that the Obama administration didn't want out there, not the pi$$ing and moaning the msm and other left wing minions are carrying on about this current blackout of public employees social media accounts.

Media blackout: Obama censors more documents, citing national security - Washington Times

Media Blackout as White House Issues Executive Order Giving Broad Powers to ‘Global Health Security Agenda’ for Infectious Disease Threats | March Against Monsanto

BREAKING: Obama Just Did THIS While Everyone Was Distracted, Media Blackout

New Study Exposes Media's Blackout On Key Obama Failures, Namely ISIS. ⋆ US Herald

Media Blackout On Obama's Adegbile And Lhamon Appointments | The Daily Caller

There is no shortage of other examples out there.
Lol, you didn't even bother to read the links you provided. First of all, I don't bother to believe any partisan blustering puff opinion piece, which is basically what all of those links are. But I'll refer you to your third link. It had nothing to do with a media blackout at all. It was whining about Obama's executive order to designate CA land as national monuments. Oh the HORROR!!!!!!! Seriously, how could ANYONE take issue with that? Whining, crying cons take issue with that, that's who. Then, at the very end of the article, they bleat "Why wasn't this covered by the media?" Which is a total & utter lie because it was in fact covered by the media. Legitimate media, not some ranting ignorant illogical conservative blog. So congratulations, you provided irrelevant links. Well done.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Not true...... when you are going to accuse the current President of doing something you judge as wrong, you have to also compare his actions to past Presidents who you have not called to task for the same thing to show that he isn't rogue.

This is how you see the bigger picture instead of trying to paint one person in a bad light.
None of our recent presidents have ever told entire departments not to release scientific research, not to speak to the press, not to publish messages on social media, and not to send any emails without having them reviewed....

NONE

Old 01-25-2017, 07:44 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wow, you people are just very unAmerican!

Politics always has opposing views. Talking and having a dialogue about them and even arguing about them is all a part of "politics as usual." No side should be censored!!

Something is very wrong with you all if you think any side should be censored.

UnAmerican is trying to sell something to Americans as true when it has not been vetted and validated and no other department stepping in to make sure that what we are receiving is factual information. I believe any side who may push an agenda to throw up a smokescreen to the American people should be censored until the smokescreen can be removed from the real message. I don't care WHO is doing it.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
None of our recent presidents have ever told entire departments not to release scientific research, not to speak to the press, not to publish messages on social media, and not to send any emails without having them reviewed....

NONE
uh, they can still publish as many scientific papers as they can get accepted.

do you have a cite for them not being able to send any emails without having them reviewed?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
UnAmerican is trying to sell something to Americans as true when it has not been vetted and validated and no other department stepping in to make sure that what we are receiving is factual information. I believe any side who may push an agenda to throw up a smokescreen to the American people should be censored until the smokescreen can be removed from the real message. I don't care WHO is doing it.
No unAmerican means you do support removal of our "freedoms" as defined in Article I of the constitution

If you are "for" the media/press not being allowed to be provided information by our government agencies - which you seem to be okay with - then you are unAmerican

If you are "for" government agencies not being allowed to share information/speech - which you stated you are - then you are unAmerican

Quote:

NONE

*Sigh*

""Only send out critical messages, as messages can be shared broadly and end up in the press."

The EPA isn't barred from sending ANY messages out. Only messages that aren't deemed critical to ensure there are no agendas being pushed that aren't on board with what the new group of officials want to push. They don't want awards being handed out for prior agreements set forth under the Obama administration until those awards can be reviewed.

There could have been a lot of things go on behind the curtain during the 11th hour (some we have heard about) so the goal is to ensure those things are in line with the new policies and plans that will be set in place.

"The prohibitions came to light as the agency moved to delay implementation of at least 30 environmental rules finalized in the closing months of President Obama’s term, a potential first step to seeking to kill the regulations."

"“They’re trying to freeze things to make sure nothing happens they don’t want to have happen, so any regulations going forward, contracts, grants, hires, they want to make sure to look at them first. This may be a little wider than some previous administrations, but it’s very similar to what others have done.”"

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
anyway...

“Yesterday, we sent an email message about Agency informational products like news releases and social media content,” [Chavonda Jacobs-Young, ARS administrator] wrote in the email, which was shared with BuzzFeed News. “This internal email was released prior to receiving official Departmental guidance and is hereby rescinded.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dinograndon...03n#.oy1DgOxk3

Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
No unAmerican means you do support removal of our "freedoms" as defined in Article I of the constitution

If you are "for" any sort of Censorship - which you stated you are - then you are unAmerican

If you are "for" the media/press not being allowed to be provided information by our government agencies - which you seem to be okay with - then you are unAmerican

Are you daft?

I am FOR censorship against false information that can be used to mislead the public. YOU should be for that as well. I am NOT for censorship to release factual information to the public. Freedom of speech doesn't mean the freedom of Government to willingly try to dupe the American people to push an agenda. I want to make sure that is not their goal when information is presented.

I am FOR the press NOT being allowed to be provided false information immediately after a controversial election without review that they can then put their spin on to give to the American public. We all know the media will show their bias and any opportunity to put a spin on a story to highlight their opinion. I, as an American, do not want to only hear their bias. I want to hear facts that have been vetted as facts so as to form an unbiased opinion.

If that makes me un-American, then I guess I need to go pull the American flag off my front porch and toss it in the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies